USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Power and shutdown Modes  (Read 2681 times)

duce

Low Power and shutdown Modes
« on: September 08, 2009, 02:17:42 am »

Two questions:

1)Does the EB-3531 support a low power mode? Can pins 9 or 10 be used to do this, or do I have to remove the power to VCC and run off VBAT to achieve this?

2)Do the TXA and TXB pins go high impedance when the ON_OFF pin is pulled high? Or again, do I need to remove the power to VCC to get these to go high impedance?

The data sheet is not clear about the exact operation of the RF_PWR and ON_OFF pins.

Cory

mr_g

• Regular Members
Re: Low Power and shutdown Modes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 02:24:18 am »

the same question here...

I'm using ON/OFF pin conected to host mcu, and the mcu makes 1 second wide positive pulse to power down, and to power up GPS... Is this correct?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:18:01 pm »

Two questions:

1)Does the EB-3531 support a low power mode? Can pins 9 or 10 be used to do this, or do I have to remove the power to VCC and run off VBAT to achieve this?

2)Do the TXA and TXB pins go high impedance when the ON_OFF pin is pulled high? Or again, do I need to remove the power to VCC to get these to go high impedance?

The data sheet is not clear about the exact operation of the RF_PWR and ON_OFF pins.

Cory

Hello Cory,
Please check below for our engineers' response:

1) Low power mode in SiRF chipset is referred to Trickle Power mode and this is not available in the current SiRF firmware. Also, the device firmware does not include it as default. Removing the power of VCC and VBAT turns on the EB-3531 and goes through the Cold Start process.

2) The ON-OFF pin should be pulled low; please refer to Page 7 of its user manual (please check your email). Moreover, under general user case scenario, please do not connect the ON_OFF pin to anything. Just leave it floating. Then, the EB-3531 will turn on automatically without special control.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:28:03 pm by USG_TECH10 »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:28:30 pm »

the same question here...

I'm using ON/OFF pin conected to host mcu, and the mcu makes 1 second wide positive pulse to power down, and to power up GPS... Is this correct?

Hello mr_g,

Based on our engineers, if you need to use the ON_OFF pin to control EB-3531 on or off, you can connect it to host the MCU and keep power of the VCC and VBAT. Please refer to the diagram below. Also, refer to EB-3531 Power Sequence (check your email).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 19 queries.