USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with using the watch as GPS-Mouse  (Read 3094 times)

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
Problem with using the watch as GPS-Mouse
« on: July 22, 2009, 10:16:07 am »

Hello,
iīm just in holidays and I tried to use my GH615 (FW GH-625 3.1) as GPS-Mouse when I travelles to Italy.
First the software on my netbook worked fine, but after a restart of the system the software says no satellites are found or the GPS didnīt send data.
PC-GPS on the watch is turned on and the GH-615 is found on the COM-Port but the softdata.ware didnīt get any.
With GS-Sports 2.0 the data transmission workes fine, but with GS-Sports you not use the watch in  PC-GPS-Mouse mode, so I canīt compare with.
I donīt know what is the problem. Maybe the driver for USB to Com-Port (I use Profilic Version 2.0.2.5). But if this doesnīt work with the watch, the data-transmission with GS-Sports wouldnīt work also, would it? So this couldnīt be the reason, I think.
The next reason for it could be the GPS-Software. Itīs the Marco-Polo Travel-Guide with the GPS-Pilot. But Iīm wondering why it worked before I drove the PC down and then not anymore. So I think the watch as GPS-mouse is compatible with the software.
At last a hardware-problem of my GH-615 could be the reason. javascript:void(0);
To find out more, I would test the watch with an other GPS-software, but I didnīt know which I can take. Does anybody of you know a software which can be downloaded to test it?

Regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

Roger C

Re: Problem with using the watch as GPS-Mouse
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 03:01:31 pm »

Hello Longjog

Never used this function, but a tester must of course test ;)

Found a software called "Earth Bridge" that use Google earth as a map, not so usable in cars but for test of this function i download it.

And it worked, after first checked what com-port i was using in training gym (port 12), and turning on pc-gps i user-settings page on watch.

Also tried "BettersoftwareGPS" and that also worked , but only a half finnished product.

Hard to find any good free gps software.

But atleast the function works, hope it starts to work for you to again.

/Roger C

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:42:38 am »

Dear all

You can use hyper terminal (in Windows)to verify the NMEA protocol from GPS with correct com port setting. If works, that should be SW problem. Remember, the other PC SW needs to be turn off, because the same com port setting will conflict each other.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  ;)

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 02:17:02 am »

Hello,

after setting the baudrate of the com-port to 57300 in the Travel-Guide software it worked for a while.  :)
But last week i had to send my watch to the service because it only turns on with a dark screen, beeps two times after 15 seconds, and didnīt work anymore when the normal Welcome-Display comes then. Maybe the need of manual setting of the baudrate was an announcement of the coming bigger problem.
I hope I will get my loved GH-615 back soon. :-\

Sincerely

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

Rasec

• Regular Members
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:36:10 am »

Hello all.

Has anyone found a manual or tutorial about the use of uor GH-625 as a mouse GPS?

Geoffrey: Is there any list of GPS software compatible with the GH-625?    OZI?    GoogleEarth?

Regards

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 05:14:36 am »

Hello all.

Has anyone found a manual or tutorial about the use of uor GH-625 as a mouse GPS?

Geoffrey: Is there any list of GPS software compatible with the GH-625?    OZI?    GoogleEarth?

Regards

Hello Rasec,

You may set Navigation\Turn PC-GPS On to active GPS mouse function. Please be noted that the baud rate is 57600.

About Google Earth, it seems doesn't support navigation. You may consider Goolgle Earth Pro or OziExplorer (I am not sure, it looks ok. But my is trail version).

Sincerely,

Geoffrey ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 20 queries.