USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware X release!!  (Read 48981 times)

remcoh

• Regular Members
Re: Firmware X release!!
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2009, 02:02:02 pm »

hello,
i haven't been here a few months and i had to register again.

Could you please sent me the new firmware x?
i would love to test it

Regards,

Remco

ruifre

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2009, 04:36:50 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

I have a GH-625M with firmware F-GGH-2A-0905191 and i would like to install the new firmware X. Can you please send it to my e-mail.
ruifre@gmail.com

Best regads.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2009, 09:53:13 am »

Dear Ruifre, Remco, Tom

The firmware X has been sent out to your email box, please kindly have a test.

Enjoy your training.

Geoffrey  :D

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2009, 01:17:20 pm »

Hi all and of course Geoffrey and his team,

I like to summarise the wishes that exist in the FW, from the lap problems I am not sure if they still exist, I am not using this. I hope I did not forget anything.
  • Adding Slope in %
  • Correction of cumulative error in auto lap function, by modifying the algorithm .
  • Optimization of HRM alarming.
  • Optimization of speed calculation.
  • To have two individual HF-areas
  • Manual setting for 100 %hart rate
  • Possibility to select time base or GPS based recording, time for using HR for indoors, and having a useful recording showing in TG
  • To see the Lap-Pace and the AVGLap-HR together
  • In Smart track back let the watch show up the massage in a box [RECORD [YES] / NO] and [YES] as default
  • First point to approach is flashing in the track
  • By pressing more times the [ESC] or [OK] you see the selected point flash in the track line
  • [ESC + OK] together lets you start on the point where you are, and takes the nearness point from your location

Best regards, Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

Rasec

• Regular Members
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2009, 02:09:45 pm »

Hi all

Albert, that is a really good summary, but I would add one more feature (in red, at the end)

•Adding Slope in %
•Correction of cumulative error in auto lap function, by modifying the algorithm.
•Optimization of HRM alarming.
•Optimization of speed calculation.
•To have two individual HF-areas
•Manual setting for 100 %hart rate
•Possibility to select time base or GPS based recording, time for using HR for indoors, and having a useful recording showing in TG
•To see the Lap-Pace and the AVGLap-HR together
•In Smart track back let the watch show up the massage in a box [RECORD [YES] / NO] and [YES] as default
•First point to approach is flashing in the track
•By pressing more times the [ESC] or [OK] you see the selected point flash in the track line
•[ESC + OK] together lets you start on the point where you are, and takes the nearness point from your location
•Digital compass (The keymaze has it, so it wouldn´t be too complicated to implement)

'When you are travelling your path and you stop (or your speed is too low), the Keymaze will continue to guide you using the compass mode. The compass will tell you the direction to follow using the last known GPS location.
 Depending on the type of guidance being used, a G will be displayed under the direction arrow if the GPS gives you the direction, or a C if the compass is used. The device automatically switches between GPS guidance and compass guidance'

Regards

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 02:34:10 pm »

Hi all,

thank you, Albert, for gathering all this items:

I like to summarise the wishes that exist in the FW, from the lap problems I am not sure if they still exist, I am not using this. I hope I did not forget anything.
  • Adding Slope in %
  • Correction of cumulative error in auto lap function, by modifying the algorithm .
  • Possibility to select time base or GPS based recording, time for using HR for indoors, and having a useful recording showing in TG
  • In Smart track back let the watch show up the massage in a box [RECORD [YES] / NO] and [YES] as default
  • By pressing more times the [ESC] or [OK] you see the selected point flash in the track line
  • [ESC + OK] together lets you start on the point where you are, and takes the nearness point from your location

Best regards, Albert

I wanted to do the same thing, however - I didn't find the time.
Your list is nearly the same as mine, only some little differnces.
But let me remember some older items:

• Possibility to save/edit/load user settings via GS Sport SW
  • Improve display update rate for map mode

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

remcoh

• Regular Members
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2009, 08:41:07 am »

Hi Geoffrey,
First of all, thanks for the firmware.
I did a testrun yesterday and i want to share 3 conclusions with you:

1. some people complain about the heart rate registration, but in my case it was very accurate, so i dont think this is a software problem. very good!
2. autolap problem: i think it improved a lot, i only did 5k yesterday, but the last lap started right on time
3. pace1k, for me and i think for a lot of other runners this is a very usefull feature if it would work ok, unfortunately it doesn't :(
in fact it is completely useless. I ran all my laps with laptimes below 5 minutes/km but my pace1k was above 5min/km all the time!
i think it is about 20 seconds off and that is a lot!

is this already recognized to be a bug or is it under investigation?

regards,

Remco

jgmangas

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2009, 12:36:45 pm »

Hello.
I´m from Spain.I´ve got 615M, yesterday I discovered this forum, It´s great, wonderful...congratulatios to all.
I'm interested in the current "X" firmware too.
Would you please send it to my mail: jgmangas@yahoo.es
Sorry for my English.
Thanks

alfanut

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:47 am »

I am very angry, I have a GH-625 broken by a bad firmware upgrade and I have no solution, Taiwan, Germany, England pass the ball and I no solution, sorry, but for my bad after sales service.
I JUST WANT TO PAY REPAIR!!

Sorry about my English and anger, I feel helpless

Thank you and sorry

davidpan

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2009, 12:46:11 pm »

Hi,
I´m from Spain and I have this wonderful watch since September. I have this GH-625M with firmware F-GGH-2A-0905191. I would like to install the new firmware X to try these new improvements. I have found this forum a week ago and it´s great. Can you please send it to my e-mail? Sorry for my English.
davidpan@wanadoo.es
Thanks

Rasec

• Regular Members
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2009, 04:22:30 pm »

Hi ALFANUT

Since you have only postded twice in this forum, I dare to assume that you are a recent GH-625 owner, as I am too.

Perhaps some of us could help you a little bit if you explain what happened just before your watch broke down.

Anyway, in the Globalsat web there are some useful FAQ. One of them says that, pressing certain buttons combination, you can always go to the firmware update screen and then try to install the firmware again.

http://www.globalsat.com.tw/eng/product_detail41_00000058.htm

I hope it works.

Regards

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2009, 10:54:46 am »

Hello Geoffrey,javascript:void(0);

I tried the new FW X, the smart track back function is astonishing good, excellent work. I will put a comment in to the smart track back thread.
I found however some strange GPS readings with the new software, can be coincident but I think it is not.javascript:void(0);
I followed a track made with the watch in June, loaded that in and followed it with track back. After I was back loaded this into TG and was surprised to see the amount of times the GPS altitude was giving false altitude readings of -2 to even -30 meters. The real lowermost is +2 meter over the track distance. In the time I followed the track back it was 30 min. under zero. The track I made in June is not giving that kind of false readings, only 1 min below zero in the beginning so maybe not enough satellites.

Best regards,

Albert

Dear Albert,

Sorry I was almost occupied in past weeks and have few times to access forum.
Do you mean you did smart track back with your training data but the altitude showed the wrong in the record?
Can you please paste the curve for the two data for comparison?
I am wondering the problem the whether comes from signal strength?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey 

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2009, 11:10:28 am »

• Adding Slope in %

Best regards, Albert

Dear Albert,

Thanks for your kind collect the releated information.
Here is my answer:

Adding Slope in %
Still checking the alogrithm due to GPS accuracy.
Correction of cumulative error in auto lap function, by modifying the algorithm .
Firmware X already improved a lot. Considering to use Hubert's idea.
Optimization of HRM alarming.
Checking now.
Optimization of speed calculation.
Can you please explain more detail about this term?
To have two individual HF-areas
Keep holding.
Manual setting for 100 %hart rate
Checking now.
Possibility to select time base or GPS based recording, time for using HR for indoors, and having a useful recording showing in TG
What do you think about adding indoor selection in data recording to aviod changing too much in PC software and firmware.
To see the Lap-Pace and the AVGLap-HR together
Checking now, considering to have two information in Lap page.
In Smart track back let the watch show up the massage in a box [RECORD [YES] / NO] and [YES] as default
Will check.
First point to approach is flashing in the track
I remember the mark has been showed on Map and is solid.
By pressing more times the [ESC] or [OK] you see the selected point flash in the track line
I remember the mark has been showed on Map and is solid.
[ESC + OK] together lets you start on the point where you are, and takes the nearness point from your location
I have no idea, it seems very complicated and needs lots effort.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2009, 11:14:53 am »

Hi all

Albert, that is a really good summary, but I would add one more feature (in red, at the end)

•Adding Slope in %
•Correction of cumulative error in auto lap function, by modifying the algorithm.
•Optimization of HRM alarming.
•Optimization of speed calculation.
•To have two individual HF-areas
•Manual setting for 100 %hart rate
•Possibility to select time base or GPS based recording, time for using HR for indoors, and having a useful recording showing in TG
•To see the Lap-Pace and the AVGLap-HR together
•In Smart track back let the watch show up the massage in a box [RECORD [YES] / NO] and [YES] as default
•First point to approach is flashing in the track
•By pressing more times the [ESC] or [OK] you see the selected point flash in the track line
•[ESC + OK] together lets you start on the point where you are, and takes the nearness point from your location
•Digital compass (The keymaze has it, so it wouldn´t be too complicated to implement)

'When you are travelling your path and you stop (or your speed is too low), the Keymaze will continue to guide you using the compass mode. The compass will tell you the direction to follow using the last known GPS location.
 Depending on the type of guidance being used, a G will be displayed under the direction arrow if the GPS gives you the direction, or a C if the compass is used. The device automatically switches between GPS guidance and compass guidance'

Regards

Dear Rasec,

No, it impossible to add e-compass on current PCB, since the hardware will be re-design.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 11:19:17 am »

Hi all,

thank you, Albert, for gathering all this items:

• Adding Slope in %

Best regards, Albert

I wanted to do the same thing, however - I didn't find the time.
Your list is nearly the same as mine, only some little differnces.
But let me remember some older items:

• Possibility to save/edit/load user settings via GS Sport SW
  • Improve display update rate for map mode

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

It seems CPU has limited resoucse so that the display rate will be little lag; GH-50x which with new CPU works very nice!
We will hold the ideas untill the man power release since it needs lots effort and do many modification.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.443 seconds with 26 queries.