USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware X release!!  (Read 49022 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Firmware X release!!
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2009, 11:27:04 am »

Hi Geoffrey,
First of all, thanks for the firmware.
I did a testrun yesterday and i want to share 3 conclusions with you:

1. some people complain about the heart rate registration, but in my case it was very accurate, so i dont think this is a software problem. very good!
2. autolap problem: i think it improved a lot, i only did 5k yesterday, but the last lap started right on time
3. pace1k, for me and i think for a lot of other runners this is a very usefull feature if it would work ok, unfortunately it doesn't :(
in fact it is completely useless. I ran all my laps with laptimes below 5 minutes/km but my pace1k was above 5min/km all the time!
i think it is about 20 seconds off and that is a lot!

is this already recognized to be a bug or is it under investigation?

regards,

Remco

Dear Remco,

Thanks for providing information and positive feedback on new firmware.
2. autolap problem: i think it improved a lot, i only did 5k yesterday, but the last lap started right on time.
Can you please explain more detail, sorry I am not very understand.
3. pace1k, for me and i think for a lot of other runners this is a very usefull feature if it would work ok, unfortunately it doesn't :(
in fact it is completely useless. I ran all my laps with laptimes below 5 minutes/km but my pace1k was above 5min/km all the time!
Do you mean pace1K is over 20sec than correct value? Our scenario is show the pace for the first 1km and then keep updating with 100m shift. I am not sure does it meet pace1k definition? Please advise.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 11:31:29 am »

Hello.
Im from Spain.Ive got 615M, yesterday I discovered this forum, Its great, wonderful...congratulatios to all.
I'm interested in the current "X" firmware too.
Would you please send it to my mail: jgmangas@yahoo.es
Sorry for my English.
Thanks

Dear customer,

Sorry for my late response since I was almost occupied by the past weeks.
Done it, please check your email.

Have a nice weekend.

Have a nice weekend.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2009, 11:35:24 am »

I am very angry, I have a GH-625 broken by a bad firmware upgrade and I have no solution, Taiwan, Germany, England pass the ball and I no solution, sorry, but for my bad after sales service.
I JUST WANT TO PAY REPAIR!!

Sorry about my English and anger, I feel helpless

Thank you and sorry

Dear customer,

Hope your problem was going away.
About firmware update failed and can't power on, you can try:
(1). Press up + down and power buttons at the same time, you will be able to turn on GH-625 in firmware upgrade mode.

(2). Please follow the regular firmware upgrade procedure.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2009, 11:37:50 am »

Hi,
Im from Spain and I have this wonderful watch since September. I have this GH-625M with firmware F-GGH-2A-0905191. I would like to install the new firmware X to try these new improvements. I have found this forum a week ago and its great. Can you please send it to my e-mail? Sorry for my English.
davidpan@wanadoo.es
Thanks

Dear customer,

The firmware already sent to your email box, please have a look.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :D

Hwaseong

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2009, 07:10:10 am »

Hi Geoffrey.

Would you please send it to my mailbox: yim2029@naver.com

TIA
David

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2009, 10:53:33 am »

Hi Geoffrey.

Would you please send it to my mailbox: yim2029@naver.com

TIA
David

Hi David,

Thanks for interest in firmware X.
It has been sent out to your mail box, please have a test.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2009, 11:28:02 am »

Dear Albert,

Thanks for your kind collect the releated information.
Here is my answer:

Adding Slope in %
Still checking the alogrithm due to GPS accuracy.
Correction of cumulative error in auto lap function, by modifying the algorithm .
Firmware X already improved a lot. Considering to use Hubert's idea.
Optimization of HRM alarming.
Checking now.
Optimization of speed calculation.
Can you please explain more detail about this term?
I have to look it up, since it didn't came from me
To have two individual HF-areas
Keep holding.
Manual setting for 100 %hart rate
Checking now.
Possibility to select time base or GPS based recording, time for using HR for indoors, and having a useful recording showing in TG
What do you think about adding indoor selection in data recording to avoid changing too much in PC software and firmware.
Excellent
To see the Lap-Pace and the AVGLap-HR together
Checking now, considering to have two information in Lap page.
In Smart track back let the watch show up the massage in a box [RECORD [YES] / NO] and [YES] as default
Will check.
To understand right, we like to have that, now you have to leave smart track, and go to custom page to start recording and go back to smart track. That is not very convenient.
First point to approach is flashing in the track
I remember the mark has been showed on Map and is solid.
We like to have this flashing if possible, on this way you see witch point is the next to go to, so you can than see e.g. if it is flashing in to the junction you have to turn in to. Makes live a lot easier.
By pressing more times the [ESC] or [OK] you see the selected point flash in the track line
Same as above, you see where all button pressing puts you on the track. 
[ESC + OK] together lets you start on the point where you are, and takes the nearness point from your location
I have no idea, it seems very complicated and needs lots effort.
Somebody came with the problem with inaccurate GPX route and wanted to shortcut the route, without many button pressing and not knowing where he/she was then in the route. But with flashing point you are be able to see. that was also the reason I suggested the flashing point.
[/quote]
Best regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

albert

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2009, 11:43:10 am »

In Smart track back let the watch show up the massage in a box [RECORD [YES] / NO] and [YES] as default
Will check.
Please see this comment
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1056.msg2321#msg2321
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2009, 09:01:37 am »

Hi Geoffrey and all others,

I want to share my experience with Pace1K function:

Dear Remco,

Do you mean pace1K is over 20sec than correct value? Our scenario is show the pace for the first 1km and then keep updating with 100m shift. I am not sure does it meet pace1k definition? Please advise.

Sincerely,

I made the same experience as Remco and others: The pace1k shows a value, which is too slow !
And - furthermore... It was more or less exactly like Geoffrey said: The value was about 20sec. too slow.
I'm astonished about that ! Geoffrey, do you already know what the problem is ? Or why did you ask
for this 20 sec. ??

What I did during my test, was to compare the value shown in the lap page (which I configured to 1k lap)
and the value shown by the pace1k function. And I think, when a lap is finished, both should display exactly
the same value. I didn't watch that for the first 2 kms, but later on the pace1k was always about 20sec. more.
I had the feeling, that the difference was increasing with a longer distance, like starting with 15 sec. difference,
moving to 25 sec. after a while. But I'm not sure about this.

Finally I think that the definition used for pace1k like Geoffrey explained ("Our scenario is show the pace for the first
1km and then keep updating with 100m shift. I am not sure does it meet pace1k definition? ") is okay !

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2009, 10:11:03 am »

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for clarification of the definition of Pace1K!
Finally I think that the definition used for pace1k like Geoffrey explained ("Our scenario is show the pace for the first
1km and then keep updating with 100m shift. I am not sure does it meet pace1k definition? ") is okay !

Regarding your explanation: the pack1K will increase accompany with distacne.
One though just slipped out:  If first pace for first 1K is 2min,
and then I keep constant pace to run, that means the pace100m is 12sec.
If firmware forgot to clear the pace of previous 100m, the pace1K for 2nd km will be 2min+12sec!
The coming 3nd pace 1K will be 3min+12+12sec!

Since I got flu now, anyboy can help me to check this?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  ;)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:16:21 am by TWG_TECH4 »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2009, 10:16:54 am »

Will check.
Please see this comment
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1056.msg2321#msg2321

Very clear, thanks.

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2009, 10:22:00 am »

Dear Albert,

Thanks for your kind collect the releated information.
Here is my answer:

Adding Slope in %
Still checking the alogrithm due to GPS accuracy.
Correction of cumulative error in auto lap function, by modifying the algorithm .
Firmware X already improved a lot. Considering to use Hubert's idea.
Optimization of HRM alarming.
Checking now.
Optimization of speed calculation.
Can you please explain more detail about this term?
I have to look it up, since it didn't came from me
To have two individual HF-areas
Keep holding.
Manual setting for 100 %hart rate
Checking now.
Possibility to select time base or GPS based recording, time for using HR for indoors, and having a useful recording showing in TG
What do you think about adding indoor selection in data recording to avoid changing too much in PC software and firmware.
Excellent
To see the Lap-Pace and the AVGLap-HR together
Checking now, considering to have two information in Lap page.
Will check.
To understand right, we like to have that, now you have to leave smart track, and go to custom page to start recording and go back to smart track. That is not very convenient.
We like to have this flashing if possible, on this way you see witch point is the next to go to, so you can than see e.g. if it is flashing in to the junction you have to turn in to. Makes live a lot easier.
11.9 G:So only the junction point is flashing??
By pressing more times the [ESC] or [OK] you see the selected point flash in the track line
Same as above, you see where all button pressing puts you on the track. 
[ESC + OK] together lets you start on the point where you are, and takes the nearness point from your location
I have no idea, it seems very complicated and needs lots effort.
Somebody came with the problem with inaccurate GPX route and wanted to shortcut the route, without many button pressing and not knowing where he/she was then in the route. But with flashing point you are be able to see. that was also the reason I suggested the flashing point.
11.9 G:You can use Phil tool to compress point to let the interval distance keep larger than 50m.Because our threshold distance is setting to 50m.

Best regards,

Albert
[/quote]

albert

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2009, 01:18:06 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

Firs of all; I like to wish you a quick recovery from the flu!!!!!

[/quote]

The whole point is that as you travel along the route you see the little arrow on the track, so you know where you are. If the point in the track is flashing, were the arrow in the left screen is pointing at, you know where to aim at. Yes To do it like this only at the junction point, is very good, you know then where to take attention. It is still usable in the route if you press more times [OK/ESC]. You have to see it more as a beacon. Can it be done at a junction if it go's in to Z value?

Best regards,

Albert

Roger C

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2009, 04:42:58 pm »

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for clarification of the definition of Pace1K!

Regarding your explanation: the pack1K will increase accompany with distacne.
One though just slipped out:  If first pace for first 1K is 2min,
and then I keep constant pace to run, that means the pace100m is 12sec.
If firmware forgot to clear the pace of previous 100m, the pace1K for 2nd km will be 2min+12sec!
The coming 3nd pace 1K will be 3min+12+12sec!

Since I got flu now, anyboy can help me to check this?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  ;)
Hi all gps-nerds  :o!

I tested alittle today, with my Car :) , i hold steady around 60 km/h and 40 km/h and started the watch, with avg pace , Pace1k, speed , time , on my custom page.
And i did a few test over around 5 km or so.

And the conclusion is that it is very different results from time to time, so not any given 100 m error or anything like that.
* Example, drove at 60 km/h , avg/pace 1.00 min/km  and pace1k started out good but increased to 1.15 min/km , 1.20 , 1.30,stuck there for a kilometer, then 1.27, and thats the time it takes to come 1500m...
* Another time it get stuck at 1.40 for over 3 km , when i hold 60 km/h
Even at 40 km/h it was alot wrong, not following any given pattern.

My guess is that the watch processor (is to weak) cant calculate this correctly, like its get "overheated" with to much work or something.

Will try more, at other more normal walking/running speeds, and try to hold a steady speed, but to find any given error like a calculation error or so will be hard.

Regards

Roger C

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2009, 09:15:53 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

Firs of all; I like to wish you a quick recovery from the flu!!!!!

The whole point is that as you travel along the route you see the little arrow on the track, so you know where you are. If the point in the track is flashing, were the arrow in the left screen is pointing at, you know where to aim at. Yes To do it like this only at the junction point, is very good, you know then where to take attention. It is still usable in the route if you press more times [OK/ESC]. You have to see it more as a beacon. Can it be done at a junction if it go's in to Z value?

Best regards,

Albert
[/quote]

Hello Albert,

Thanks for your wish. I am getting better today! :)
After I checked scenario, in Smart Track, it will only show the next point on Map for guiding.
It will also show the nearby wapoints (the waypoints you saved) on Map, so I think it is the reason cause confunsion.

I am not sure flashing could be achieved because CPU power is limited. But I will try to implement into GH-505.
I found the peformance and reflash is much faster than GH625.

Sincerely,

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.48 seconds with 26 queries.