USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improvements ideas  (Read 9974 times)

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
Re: Improvements ideas
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 04:00:03 am »

Hi Geoffrey
1. From time to time I have troubles with hardware 3Axis compass (when is many metal or magnet near). I must use two GPS devices:    GH-561 and car GPS with software compass...
It is certainly no problem, we have experience on GH-625.

Cool

1.1 Because, I think.  Is it possible to add new view which will identical first (with compass) view but will show direction by GPS coordinates (without hardware 3Axis compass) as it done in GH-625B device?
Do you mean to show arrow for both compass in quarter window? It is no problem.

I mean that duplicate first view as new view, but use software compass instead 3Axis, and to add any mark that user can understand that it is not 3Axis...
But your idea is interesting too, that show two compass in one view. I thought about it too, but I thought as software developer that solve this idea fast and without costs of large memory.... That use same code from first view with some modifications...

1.2 Or to add only additioanl settings in options menu (Menu->Compass Setting->3Aix Compass : On/Off  (or Compass Mode: 3Aix / GPS))
Just software effort, it is no problem.

Second variant, how implement this idea... I wrote a few variants, that you can choose better and which is fast for implement...

2. Also, if it is possible to add software compass view and Speed view, we have got 4 views. Because I have new idea to add in Options menu new options:
Settings Menu->Views:
              Map View: On/Off
              Software compass: : On/Off
              Speed: On/Off
It is feasibile, I will move forward to check with engineer about scenario.

Cool

However, there is no space to record trackpoints, only training information... :([/b][/color]

I think, speed view without record trackpoints, will greate feature too. Many users want to know current and max speed only.

Regards,
Andriy

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 10:03:39 am »

Hi Geoffrey
1. From time to time I have troubles with hardware 3Axis compass (when is many metal or magnet near). I must use two GPS devices:    GH-561 and car GPS with software compass...
It is certainly no problem, we have experience on GH-625.

Cool

1.1 Because, I think.  Is it possible to add new view which will identical first (with compass) view but will show direction by GPS coordinates (without hardware 3Axis compass) as it done in GH-625B device?
Do you mean to show arrow for both compass in quarter window? It is no problem.

I mean that duplicate first view as new view, but use software compass instead 3Axis, and to add any mark that user can understand that it is not 3Axis...
But your idea is interesting too, that show two compass in one view. I thought about it too, but I thought as software developer that solve this idea fast and without costs of large memory.... That use same code from first view with some modifications...

1.2 Or to add only additioanl settings in options menu (Menu->Compass Setting->3Aix Compass : On/Off  (or Compass Mode: 3Aix / GPS))
Just software effort, it is no problem.

Second variant, how implement this idea... I wrote a few variants, that you can choose better and which is fast for implement...

2. Also, if it is possible to add software compass view and Speed view, we have got 4 views. Because I have new idea to add in Options menu new options:
Settings Menu->Views:
              Map View: On/Off
              Software compass: : On/Off
              Speed: On/Off
It is feasibile, I will move forward to check with engineer about scenario.

Cool

However, there is no space to record trackpoints, only training information... :([/b][/color]

I think, speed view without record trackpoints, will greate feature too. Many users want to know current and max speed only.

Regards,
Andriy

Hello Andriy,

Thanks for updated.
I will inform our engineer to process and get you back soon.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Chefrd2000

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 12:36:42 am »

After many months of use...  I believe one change could make this a much better device. Give the user the option to shut off the digital compass, and use gps based navigation.  This would fix many of the devices current problems. Low quality screen would look better because you could hold it naturally, overly sensitive digital compass could be shut off, the unreliable calibration would no longer be needed. The gps on the 561 is really good...shutting off the digital compass would be a huge improvement.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 07:59:19 am »

Dear customers,

Thank you all for using GH-561 and we feel sorry to give you updated so late since we almost occupied in ODM projects.
Now we are working on new firmware and mostly finished. The improvement items are:
1. Improve reliability of digital compass as GPS compass as based.
2. Add two custom screen which shows:
    Page1: SPEED, MAX SPEED, AVG SPEED, TIMER
    Page2: DISTANCE, ALTITUDE, DIRECTION and REST DIST/ TIME

We will release soon and please keep loving our products. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Nakatomi

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 02:53:47 am »

Hi developer!

I happily use my GH561 with new firmware. Good thing the timer function, and seeing the walked track in it.
Is there any possibility (in any future firmware) to save this track as route in GH561, or download it from device in the future version of Travel Manager to PC?

regards
Norbert.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 18 queries.