USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Improvements ideas  (Read 9977 times)

zingo

• zingo.org
Improvements ideas
« on: October 14, 2009, 03:00:19 am »

Here are some firmware improvements ideas:

1. Add a distance from "here" to all entries when you select "waypoints" with button "3" e.g.
Code: [Select]
        GOTO
A-Z   001      50m
      003     150m
      009     15Km
And also to the "select route" screen. It will be easier to select the correct waypoint as they will probably have very cryptic names like "002".

2. Record routes with some sort of time taking, even when you follow a route, you might not follow it exactly. This whish is from a trail runners perspective. I don't know how this apply to trek:ers.

3. View the route a la gh626, I like the visual view were the route was "dottet" out on a blank screen with an indication on where I am. It gives me an indication on what's ahead of me, e.g. I can zoom in/out and see that I should follow a almost stright line for a couple of Km, then when I walk/run I don't have to look at the device on every crossing, I just know that forward is the way to go.

Here are some mechanical improvements ideas

1. Necklace strap loophole on the button. As Roger C points out it ends up upside down when you pick it up.

2. Other colors?

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Improvements ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 03:47:43 am »

Dear Zingo,

It is grateful about your detail review and suggestions.
1. Add a distance from "here" to all entries when you select "waypoints" with button "3" e.g.
It seems a good idea, I will check this.

2. Record routes with some sort of time taking, even when you follow a route, you might not follow it exactly. This whish is from a trail runners perspective. I don't know how this apply to trek:ers.
Does it like training record? And do it as "Smart Track Back"?

3. View the route a la gh626, I like the visual view were the route was "dottet" out on a blank screen with an indication on where I am. It gives me an indication on what's ahead of me, e.g. I can zoom in/out and see that I should follow a almost stright line for a couple of Km, then when I walk/run I don't have to look at the device on every crossing, I just know that forward is the way to go.

Does it means to add "Map page" with a arrow likes GH-625?

1. Necklace strap loophole on the button. As Roger C points out it ends up upside down when you pick it up.
I will check this, thanks. But will be later.

2. Other colors?
Yes, it has others color. ;)

Have a nice day,

Geoffrey  :)

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 06:14:36 pm »

Yes but it should probably be named "Trail/Route record" in this kind of device.

I can only say that when you have used the "Smart Track Back" it's all you want! It almost perfect.

Here is a new Firmway idea, from my wife

4. Current posistion, make it easy to display current position nice to have when you broken your leg or something and need to call for help. You can do it today by adding a waypoint so this might just be a smal addition to the factsheat/manual.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:39:57 am »

Hi Zingo,

Thanks for providing information.

Yes but it should probably be named "Trail/Route record" in this kind of device.
Well, it is considerable, we will keep it for advanced model.

I can only say that when you have used the "Smart Track Back" it's all you want! It almost perfect.
Yes, we plan to add map page, so that you will find the all connection of waypoints. And be able to go next or last point by pressing botton.

4. Current posistion, make it easy to display current position nice to have when you broken your leg or something and need to call for help. You can do it today by adding a waypoint so this might just be a smal addition to the factsheat/manual.
Now you just can know your location by saving waypoint.
Sincerely,

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 04:33:27 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I am on holiday now,  and testing the device.
I did try the GH561 and this are my remarks:
Positive:
•   The compass is not bad at all, will even be better with the map. 
•   The compass reacts good if you turn and gives the way ok.

Thinks who can be better:
•   The grey selecting bar is to dark, so it is difficult to see what  the text is, even with the backlight on.
•   The remarks over the strap being on the wrong side, are right, you don’t want to see the screen upside down
•   The time necessarily to go to end/start is useless on the moment, it jumps during the walk (more or less same speed) from 2.13 hours to even 6.28 hours  etc. this within seconds.
•   It would be fine if the GH561 has automatic stored the start, so you can stop the route anywhere and go back to start. I know that you can set your waypoints, but I didn’t do it and did not wanted to follow the route (23 km) until the end. I had also the H625 with me so I could find the way back easy with it.
  • There is another issue, the distance from PGX file was 23 km, the GH561 was giving 11,7 km. Is it not possible to have the correct distance in the GPS?
  • The TM thus not give altitude if you load in GPX or KML, aldo they have that in other programs, so you don't know how heavy the route will be wants it is in TM (same in TG)

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 07:36:47 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

I am on holiday now,  and testing the device.
I did try the GH561 and this are my remarks:
Positive:
•   The compass is not bad at all, will even be better with the map. 
•   The compass reacts good if you turn and gives the way ok.

Thinks who can be better:
•   The grey selecting bar is to dark, so it is difficult to see what  the text is, even with the backlight on.
•   The remarks over the strap being on the wrong side, are right, you don’t want to see the screen upside down
•   The time necessarily to go to end/start is useless on the moment, it jumps during the walk (more or less same speed) from 2.13 hours to even 6.28 hours  etc. this within seconds.
•   It would be fine if the GH561 has automatic stored the start, so you can stop the route anywhere and go back to start. I know that you can set your waypoints, but I didn’t do it and did not wanted to follow the route (23 km) until the end. I had also the H625 with me so I could find the way back easy with it.
  • There is another issue, the distance from PGX file was 23 km, the GH561 was giving 11,7 km. Is it not possible to have the correct distance in the GPS?
  • The TM thus not give altitude if you load in GPX or KML, aldo they have that in other programs, so you don't know how heavy the route will be wants it is in TM (same in TG)

Regards,

Albert

Hi,

We have new firmware v1.03 which improved:
- Add Map page and exact point information in route
- Add cooderination in Unit Setting
- Add WAAS/ EGNOS selection

Further, Travel Manager v1.2 has been resovled the hugh distance problem when draw a route and direct to send to device;

Please let me know if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 02:44:48 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,
 :)
Yes I would like to have the latest software, so I can give an most up-to-date comment about it.
On my hollyday address I only got GPRS speed, so not very fast I am back tomorrow.
please send to my email address. albertlajansen@live.nl

Have a nice weekend. 8)

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 10:00:42 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,
 :)
Yes I would like to have the latest software, so I can give an most up-to-date comment about it.
On my hollyday address I only got GPRS speed, so not very fast I am back tomorrow.
please send to my email address. albertlajansen@live.nl

Have a nice weekend. 8)

Regards,

Albert

Hello Albert,

Due to the SW is too large to send out by email. You can downolad from our Sport website:http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=2&en_product_cnt_id=19

By the way, have you experienced the new firmware which with Map page? Any comments?

Have a excited hollyday!

Geoffrey :D

Roger C

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 10:01:47 am »

Hi !

I tested the new software Travelmanager 1.2 , and when i open an exported .kml file from sporttracks it ends up in the Arabic sea again...;)
But if i export the same activity in .gpx format, it ends up correctly.

Its that longitud/latitude that has changed position inside TM.

Thats it for now

albert

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 02:21:12 pm »

[/quote]

Hello Albert,

Due to the SW is too large to send out by email. You can downolad from our Sport website:http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=2&en_product_cnt_id=19

By the way, have you experienced the new firmware which with Map page? Any comments?

Have a excited hollyday!

Geoffrey :D
[/quote]

Hello Geoffrey,

I am back home now, was nice and good walks.

I like to have the new firmware please, so I can try it.
Please send to albertlajansen@live.nl.

I tested the TM 1.2 just now, used KML file  and instead of being in Germany where I did the hiking, I landed in the pirate see near Somali.
So the lat long is not solved completely jet.

I hope the new DFU drive will allow me to update, I don't like to do that at work, like I did the last time!

Best regards,

Albert
By the way you figured out the story quickly, I will put another question on there. 

albert

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 01:42:18 pm »

Helllo Geoffrey,

I tried the GH561, and it works fine for normal hiking, walking.

I did try an Geocache and found out that it is not possible to do with the GH561, I did it with the GH625 (excellent software for this). Because, while you walking and find the first cache then you get new coordinates to be fill in in the device.
It was my first try and I did enjoy it very much. I could not more agree, this tool could be ideal for it.   
It would be nice to have, because this device is having a perfect shape for it and is meant for people who are by foot.
It needs not much if you go to waypoint it needs only to have an editor like the GH625.
I have an Idea,
  • if you select goto then the screen gives the (to dark) bar where you select with OK.
  • then make beside Goto?, Delete?  an extra field Edit?
  • A pull-down menu like in the GH625 to edit the coordinates like set in Units settings
Brings me to another point the TM
The TM is not capable to let you fill in the coordinates by hand manually in different system coordinates. This is necessary for geocaching, this counts for TG as well.   

For the rest I hope the next FW will be easy to update with a good driver.

Have a nice Christmas and a happy new year, to you and your family. :)

Best regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 11:35:36 am »

Helllo Geoffrey,

I did try an Geocache and found out that it is not possible to do with the GH561, I did it with the GH625 (excellent software for this). Because, while you walking and find the first cache then you get new coordinates to be fill in in the device.
It was my first try and I did enjoy it very much. I could not more agree, this tool could be ideal for it.   
It would be nice to have, because this device is having a perfect shape for it and is meant for people who are by foot.
It needs not much if you go to waypoint it needs only to have an editor like the GH625.
I have an Idea,
  • if you select goto then the screen gives the (to dark) bar where you select with OK.
  • then make beside Goto?, Delete?  an extra field Edit?
  • A pull-down menu like in the GH625 to edit the coordinates like set in Units settings
Brings me to another point the TM
The TM is not capable to let you fill in the coordinates by hand manually in different system coordinates. This is necessary for geocaching, this counts for TG as well.   

For the rest I hope the next FW will be easy to update with a good driver.

Have a nice Christmas and a happy new year, to you and your family. :)

Best regards,

Albert

Hello Albert,

You should have a wonderful holiday!
Right now I don't have device on my hand, I will check about waypoint edit function on Monday.

Firmware V1.02 supports 2 kind format of coordination: DD:MM:SS and DD:MM.
What formart do you like? UTM?

Now SW is only capable with Google Format. What format is necessary for geocache?

BTW, I found you win power bank sample. Take a look and send address to Claire.

Have a good holiady and happy new year.

Geoffrey :)

albert

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 04:46:06 pm »

Helllo Geoffrey,

I did try an Geocache and found out that it is not possible to do with the GH561

Right now I don't have device on my hand, I will check about waypoint edit function on Monday.

Now SW is only capable with Google Format. What format is necessary for geocache?

Hello Geoffrey,

I am new in this matter, but I think they use all 3 but you have in GH561 already 3, UTM, DD.MM.SS and DD.MM  in the compass mode only no editor. In TM and TG there is no manual input at all.

Thanks for the power bank, I will have contact with Claire.

best regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 08:53:02 am »

Helllo Geoffrey,

I did try an Geocache and found out that it is not possible to do with the GH561

Hello Geoffrey,

I am new in this matter, but I think they use all 3 but you have in GH561 already 3, UTM, DD.MM.SS and DD.MM  in the compass mode only no editor. In TM and TG there is no manual input at all.

Thanks for the power bank, I will have contact with Claire.

best regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

I have checked with engineer, to add UTM edition into firmware of GH-561 is no problem, but into Software is a little bit complicated; need more time to do.

Sincerely,

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 03:45:03 am »

I have idea

Is it possible to add view where we can see
- distance (which calculate from start position to: 1. current position, where we are; 2. find position which we have found used "Find" buton.  We can change manually, what  show 1 or 2), 
- speed  (current speed) or time leave to destination point (if it set). Let select manually too.
- compass (that I can see way/angle )
- "Start" button (That select start position)
- "Find" button (Set destination position from start or current position) 

Example:
  For geocaching:  I have map with current my position where I am,  and way (angle 30°) and distance (2500 m) to finding point (without coordinates).

Method 1. I press "Start" that mark my current position and go to destination position, (look at compass and distance which I have done form start) Also would be well to see my way line (from start to current position) in gray color (device have 4 gray shades, line must be light)

Method 2. 
 2.1 I press "Start" that mark my current position.
 2.2 I press "Find" That to find destination position (without coordinates), I enter angle (°) and distance (m) from start/current position. Also I can select which position use Start (which is selected/marked  "Start" button) or current position. If "Start" position doesn't set - let use current position only,  and set current position as "Start".

Is it real idea?
Pleas any thinks about my idea.
Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 20 queries.