USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Improvements ideas  (Read 9334 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Improvements ideas
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 05:00:24 pm »

I have idea

Is it possible to add view where we can see
- distance (which calculate from start position to: 1. current position, where we are; 2. find position which we have found used "Find" buton.  We can change manually, what  show 1 or 2), 
- speed  (current speed) or time leave to destination point (if it set). Let select manually too.
- compass (that I can see way/angle )
- "Start" button (That select start position)
- "Find" button (Set destination position from start or current position) 

Example:
  For geocaching:  I have map with current my position where I am,  and way (angle 30) and distance (2500 m) to finding point (without coordinates).

Method 1. I press "Start" that mark my current position and go to destination position, (look at compass and distance which I have done form start) Also would be well to see my way line (from start to current position) in gray color (device have 4 gray shades, line must be light)

Method 2. 
 2.1 I press "Start" that mark my current position.
 2.2 I press "Find" That to find destination position (without coordinates), I enter angle () and distance (m) from start/current position. Also I can select which position use Start (which is selected/marked  "Start" button) or current position. If "Start" position doesn't set - let use current position only,  and set current position as "Start".

Is it real idea?
Pleas any thinks about my idea.
Thanks.

Hi EuroVAB,

I got your mail with detail explanation.
I have pass to our engineering team and will have feedback shortly.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 03:03:32 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

In e-mail we told about speed view, it is other idea.
I can do mock-up for this idea too.

Shortly: this idea is that develop calculator that calculate destination position when I have start coordinates and distance and angle to destination (or x, y distance).
Now I have other idea how do it easy when I described it before...

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 02:33:10 am »

I have made mock up, how it must work:

jervanheg

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 10:48:29 am »

I've just tried navigation... in the car. Plotted a route with lots of nice 90-degree corners, ans "show next trackpoint" to 100 meters. So theoretically, it should not have any problem.
Despite that, not useable I'm afraid... will have to tinker a lot more with settings I guess.

There's 2 issues that struck me:
- Would it not be possible to make the pointer arrow more... "pointy"? Now, it's almost a perfect triangle, so difficult to judge from a distance to which direction it's pointing.
- even though in a car you move considerable distance at higher speed, the arrow stil very much point to all kinds of directions... this is strange, as competing products (ie. garmin) don't have this issue at all, even with much slower movements (walking) which should be prone to more error. I guess this has to do with algorhitms? Maybe GS takes only 2 subsequent measurements in account (therefor showing lots of erratic pointing), whereby they actually should factor in maybe the last 4-5 measurements to show the heading pointer/arrow?

I realise the device in't made for car navigation, so I'll hold any judgement until I can do some hiking/walking/running.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 11:06:59 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

Shortly: this idea is that develop calculator that calculate destination position when I have start coordinates and distance and angle to destination (or x, y distance).

Hi EuroVAB,

We are proceed to implementation of custom page and data recording as we discussed.
It will has 2 two page to show the all information and data record as long as 2000 points.
Due to the memory has no space, it is difficult to put anymore language. We have to take off others if needed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Geoffrey :D

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 11:08:42 pm »

I have made mock up, how it must work:

Hi EuroVAB

Due to the memory is quited limited, we hold this idea until the custom page and recording be finished.

Please keep me an updated if you have any ideas.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 11:15:11 pm »

I've just tried navigation... in the car. Plotted a route with lots of nice 90-degree corners, ans "show next trackpoint" to 100 meters. So theoretically, it should not have any problem.
Despite that, not useable I'm afraid... will have to tinker a lot more with settings I guess.

There's 2 issues that struck me:
- Would it not be possible to make the pointer arrow more... "pointy"? Now, it's almost a perfect triangle, so difficult to judge from a distance to which direction it's pointing.
- even though in a car you move considerable distance at higher speed, the arrow stil very much point to all kinds of directions... this is strange, as competing products (ie. garmin) don't have this issue at all, even with much slower movements (walking) which should be prone to more error. I guess this has to do with algorhitms? Maybe GS takes only 2 subsequent measurements in account (therefor showing lots of erratic pointing), whereby they actually should factor in maybe the last 4-5 measurements to show the heading pointer/arrow?

I realise the device in't made for car navigation, so I'll hold any judgement until I can do some hiking/walking/running.

Dear customer,

Thank for using our product.
We have passed your suggestions to our development team. Meanwhile, GH-561 has bulit in severals resolution of routing for selection. You may press "ESC"+"Scroll" buttons to enter SETTING page and then select ROUTING SETTING to set route resolution. Here is the some suggestion for your reference:
25m --- walking --- very low speed
50m --- running --- lower speed
100m -- biking or medium speed
200m --- car or high speed

Hope it is helpful.

Geoffrey

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 10:19:05 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

Hi EuroVAB,

We are proceed to implementation of custom page and data recording as we discussed.
It will has 2 two page to show the all information and data record as long as 2000 points.
Due to the memory has no space, it is difficult to put anymore language. We have to take off others if needed.

Hi Geoffrey.

Cool, I look forward to the result  ;)

Andriy

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 10:35:09 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

Hi EuroVAB,

Hi Geoffrey.

Andriy

Hi Andriy,

Unfortunately, our engineer told me that the memory was fully occupied after custom page done. We only can show the record information without any record track point. :'( Do you have any advice?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 11:23:08 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

Hi EuroVAB,

Hi Geoffrey.

Andriy

Hi Andriy,

Unfortunately, our engineer told me that the memory was fully occupied after custom page done. We only can show the record information without any record track point. :'( Do you have any advice?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey

:( , But custom page without recording will good improvement too.

How many space need for multilanguages?
If it is a lot of  space, possible try to do many firmware files which have two languages (English + Custom = English - German; English - Ukrainian; English - Japan; etc...). And one FW with all languages but without some features, that use this FW for sell devices, if users will need additional features, users will download new FW with needed languagre and additional features from site... Also you can offer additional FW on CD too.

Also I thought that remove one view which haven't sence with 100 waypoints. Viwe which is absent in 1.03 Beta FW, but is present in other FW.
I talk about first view in add new waypaint process.  First view show big images (Bus, boat, plane, car, beach, mountains, city, tent, building and  foot ), I think this view had sense when device had 10 waypoints. Now for 100 waypoints it isn't sense.

What do you think about it?

Andriy

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 12:05:06 pm »

Hello Andriy en Geoffrey,

Also I thought that remove one view which haven't sence with 100 waypoints. Viwe which is absent in 1.03 Beta FW, but is present in other FW.
I talk about first view in add new waypaint process.  First view show big images (Bus, boat, plane, car, beach, mountains, city, tent, building and  foot ), I think this view had sense when device had 10 waypoints. Now for 100 waypoints it isn't sense.

What do you think about it?

Andriy

This is a good solution, if it saves memory. I personally don't use those images, I use numbers instead.

The language is not so good I think. To much effort for different software and the customer needs to update for that, if his ideal language is not in. I know from experience that updating the GH 561 can be difficult. 

regards Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

AftrFrzr

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 04:23:59 am »

1) Speed, it's one of main things which GPS receiver must indicate. (And its also fun! to see 300kts in airplane for example!)
2) Record my travel trace and export on PC. (http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1535.0)

Thats what i want in first priority.

Making different versions for every language is a good idea. Personally, English is enough for me.
And how much free memory we have? And whatis admins and engineers plan?

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 04:46:28 am »

Dear customers,

We still in process.
It totally reserve 74KB space which removing the picture of waypoints and keep orginal language setting. Due to it only can save up to 1000 trackpoints, so we toward to just save total training information without points.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 04:45:19 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I have a few ideas.

1. From time to time I have troubles with hardware 3Axis compass (when is many metal or magnet near). I must use two GPS devices:  GH-561 and car GPS with software compass...

1.1 Because, I think.  Is it possible to add new view which will identical first (with compass) view but will show direction by GPS coordinates (without hardware 3Axis compass) as it done in GH-625B device?

1.2 Or to add only additioanl settings in options menu (Menu->Compass Setting->3Aix Compass : On/Off  (or Compass Mode: 3Aix / GPS))

I am software developer, because I think that 1.2 variant can solve very easy (possible, you can to use some source code for GPS compass algorithm from GH-625 project... )
But  I think variant 1.1 is better, because users can fast change view and compar directions. I think that add this view no need to write new code, you need improve code form first view only (to add parameter which compass use, and write new function that calculate direction for GPS compass (possible, for calculate direction for GPS compass function you can use code form GH-625 project too)) 

What do you think about this?

2. Also, if it is possible to add software compass view and Speed view, we have got 4 views. Because I have new idea to add in Options menu new options:
Settings Menu->Views:
              Map View: On/Off
              Software compass: : On/Off
              Speed: On/Off
Current first view not need to add in menu, because it is main view!
Users can turn off not need views that fast select need views.

Regards,
Andriy

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 11:00:42 pm »

Hi Andriy,

Thanks for your suggestions.
Sorry for my late response since our engineer is occupied by other projects.
Here is comments regarding your suggestions.
1. From time to time I have troubles with hardware 3Axis compass (when is many metal or magnet near). I must use two GPS devices:  GH-561 and car GPS with software compass...
It is certainly no problem, we have experience on GH-625.
1.1 Because, I think.  Is it possible to add new view which will identical first (with compass) view but will show direction by GPS coordinates (without hardware 3Axis compass) as it done in GH-625B device?
Do you mean to show arrow for both compass in quarter window? It is no problem.
1.2 Or to add only additioanl settings in options menu (Menu->Compass Setting->3Aix Compass : On/Off  (or Compass Mode: 3Aix / GPS))
Just software effort, it is no problem.
2. Also, if it is possible to add software compass view and Speed view, we have got 4 views. Because I have new idea to add in Options menu new options:
Settings Menu->Views:
              Map View: On/Off
              Software compass: : On/Off
              Speed: On/Off
It is feasibile, I will move forward to check with engineer about scenario.
However, there is no space to record trackpoints, only training information... :(

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 21 queries.