USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logger creating many short files  (Read 3005 times)

larrysbk

Logger creating many short files
« on: October 19, 2009, 01:05:07 am »

I've been using my BT-335 in data log mode. When I download the file and display it on Google Earth or Routebuddy, the file comes out as many short segments instead of one long track. If you take a close look at the track, you'll see that it looses sat lock for a short period of time, creating a small gap in the track file. For instance, today I recorded a trip of 4 hours duration. This yielded 23 track segments. So, is there something not set properly  or is there something wrong with my logger? The unit was attached to the roof of the vehicle and had clear view of the sky at all times.

bradvp

Re: Logger creating many short files
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 05:13:34 pm »

Larry? Have you found a solution to this problem? My DG-100 generates 95 points for each segment but I need one file. Brad.

larrysbk

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 02:13:27 pm »

No. I dropped this enquiry for a few months. Till now. I just retested the BT with everything reset to factory default. What the logger is doing is making a file for 10min and 40sec, stopping for a few seconds and making another file for 10min 40sec. So, Globalsat guys? What's up with my BT?

USG_TECH3

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:15:37 pm »

Unfortunately, the data logger is designed to create many files.  I will consult with out engineers to see what changes can possibly be made.

pardus

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 08:36:39 am »

Unfortunately, the data logger is designed to create many files.  I will consult with out engineers to see what changes can possibly be made.

Any progress on this?

My BT-335 only records 64 records before starting a new file. I have however found a way to join up the tracks if anyone's interested but it's a bit tedious.

Method: Save your log as a .gsd file, then download the free version of GPSutility (www.gpsu.co.uk), load the .gsd file into GPSu and there's a column labeled 'S', scroll down through the 'S's until you see a 'C', then right click on that 'C' and click 'Continuation', do the same with each 'S' (denotes 'start') that you find, the track will now be joined. It's not perfect but can help with the frustration. The limitation of free version of GPSu is that it will only process 500 trackpoints

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:03:53 pm »

Please download this current version of the Data Logger PC Utility: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/25/datalogger_setup.zip

To be able to see all the trackpoints in one big file, select all the points in the Tree Bar section by checking all the boxes. Go to Map and click on View Point. For more details, refer to this user manual (pg. 12): http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/44/bt-335_user_manual.pdf

Let me know how it goes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:33:32 pm by USG_TECH10 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 19 queries.