USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DG100 Data Logger Files  (Read 2609 times)

bradvp

DG100 Data Logger Files
« on: November 13, 2009, 05:09:05 pm »

The data logger files are broken down into separate individual files with 95 data points each but I need one (1) file for the whole tracking period. Memory is not an issue (6%) used. How can I do this please. It's urgent and may mean not purchasing more of the units. Brad.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: DG100 Data Logger Files
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:55:39 am »

The data logger files are broken down into separate individual files with 95 data points each but I need one (1) file for the whole tracking period. Memory is not an issue (6%) used. How can I do this please. It's urgent and may mean not purchasing more of the units. Brad.

Hi Brad,

Can you send the log file and tell me your procedure more detail?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

glib

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 12:14:36 am »

I seem to have a similar, maybe the same, problem.  I started up the Data Logger PC Utility, setup the device, then used TrackRecord: Load Track Points.  The lower left panel shows the track as a sort of folder which expands into several dozen track segments, each one with about 50 - 70 points.  The entire track should have over 1000 points, but it shows them only in short segments.

When I try File: Export: GPX to export the file, it's disabled unless I open one of those track segments, and then the resulting GPX file has only the 50 - 70 points in that segment.  But I need the entire track at once.  How do I do this?

I'm happy to send you the log file and/or a screen shot illustrating the problem.  I don't see a way to attach these files, so I'll try to send them in a private message.

Greg

glib

• Regular Members
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:45:56 am »

How do I get the files to you?  I don't see how to either add them as an attachment or send them in a private message.

Greg

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 01:39:03 pm »

I seem to have a similar, maybe the same, problem.  I started up the Data Logger PC Utility, setup the device, then used TrackRecord: Load Track Points.  The lower left panel shows the track as a sort of folder which expands into several dozen track segments, each one with about 50 - 70 points.  The entire track should have over 1000 points, but it shows them only in short segments.

When I try File: Export: GPX to export the file, it's disabled unless I open one of those track segments, and then the resulting GPX file has only the 50 - 70 points in that segment.  But I need the entire track at once.  How do I do this?

I'm happy to send you the log file and/or a screen shot illustrating the problem.  I don't see a way to attach these files, so I'll try to send them in a private message.

Greg

Hello Greg,

To be able to view the entire trackpoints in the program, you can go to File > Select All Files. Then, click Map > View Point. You should be able to see all of the points in the right bottom window.

In order to attach an image, please click on the Insert Image button under the Bold icon and paste the link. You can create an online account where you can freely upload your pictures (i.e. Photobucket). Just copy the image tag and post it here.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:42:26 pm by USG_TECH10 »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:42:56 pm »

How do I get the files to you?  I don't see how to either add them as an attachment or send them in a private message.

Greg

If you want to personally send us all those files, please forward it to support@usglobalsat.com. Thanks.

glib

• Regular Members
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 11:18:11 pm »

Thank you.

Yes, I confirm that when I follow your instructions to view all trackpoints at once, I can then save the entire track to a single GPX file (or KML), which was my intent.

Regards.
Greg

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 01:03:11 pm »

Good to hear that you got to compile everything.

Just feel free to let us know if you have any questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 22 queries.