USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: More features of GH-625 is coming soon!  (Read 40542 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: More features of GH-625 is coming soon!
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 09:25:07 pm »

Hello LongJog

Our engineer team has done a lot of investigation on battery life, however it has no different between HR on or off.

About AVG HR, we tested it is good with beta firmware so far, could you send me log file?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

snow_freak

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 05:06:11 am »

.. We will check the circular operation is the whether better for user or not.

I think the only way to satisfy all users needs is to make it configurable.

snow_freak

Newest FW Version
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 05:08:39 am »

Is this always the newest Version, or this there another location with a newer one?
http://www.globalsat.com.tw/eng/product_detail2_00000117.htm

Regards

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 05:24:35 am »

Dear Snow_Freak

Since firmware is beta version, so we havn't been putting the latest on websit.

Sincerely,

Roger C

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 11:01:28 am »

Yesterday , when i was training , running 19 km , before i start the watch behaved strange again.

Was just about to start when i saw that the watch showed a pulse of 85 when it realy was around 55-60 , so i restart the clock and the same happend, couldnt get it down to my real pulse.

Then i waterd (?) the belt again , but that didnt help, so i started the clock, irritated, and start running, with a starting pulse that was wrong, and in about 10 - 15 sec it was up in 190 and around there for a minute, and then it went down to normal and stayed there for the rest of the 90 minutes.

like it had a bad day this day, or something, so look before you start your training that it shows the correct pulse, easy to do by counting it for 15 sec or so.
Or have a warmup period in the beginning, so it can get rid of all the anger it has inside, my dear buddy GH-625 ;)

Roger "heartnoise" C

gwwalsh

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 06:44:53 am »

I am alos interested in the interval training software and have been asking for this for more than a year.  Is it possible to get a beta version of the software to test on my 615M?

Gordon

Dear Ezio

Thanks for the useful suggestion.
It is a good idea and I think it is "Muti-Interval Training", right?
We are going to design this feature into our next training watch which is more slim and stylish, and can run as a real watch later than 2 weeks, but we don't have plan to implement into GH-615 since the memory size limition.

For beta firmware, could you send me a email? I will forward to you soon.

Sincerely,

skeptisch

• Regular Members
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2009, 05:27:41 pm »

Hi,

I noticed that the lap function (when set to 1000m/per lap) cumulates an error. It is not a big deal, only about 20-30 me per lap, but when making a 60 km bike ride, you end up with a lap function beeping more than one km wrong from the actual distance... will this issue be fixed with the new firmware?

Thanks

Skeptisch

ultrapetita

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 01:04:31 am »

Hi,

I noticed that the lap function (when set to 1000m/per lap) cumulates an error. It is not a big deal, only about 20-30 me per lap, but when making a 60 km bike ride, you end up with a lap function beeping more than one km wrong from the actual distance... will this issue be fixed with the new firmware?

Thanks

Skeptisch

This is a funny error: I wanted to have a split every 0.500km, but very soon I noticed this cumulative error... then, I tried to use 0.499km (in fact, I believe the device will use 0.49km) and the cumulative error disappeared!
->now the actual lap is ~0.495km (no cumulative error) and Sports Tracker shows the laps very close to 0.5kms like I wanted.

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2009, 03:49:04 am »

Hi skeptisch,

the problem you talk about depends on the system. GPS isnīt exactly enough to measure 1000 metres exactly. So the lap always is couted, when more than 999 meters are measured. Then the lap-distance counter will begin from 0 meters again from the point the lap bevore ends. So the "error" cummulates with the increasing distance.
There was a proposal to count the lap distance form the start of the timer to minimize the "error" of cumultative lap-distances some month ago, but this was not implemented up to now.

Calculating with this formular:
actual lapdistance(n) = distance -(n-1)x lapdistance
with
actual lapdistance (n) = lapdistance of the actual lap
n = number of lap
lapdistance = preset lapdistance for example 1000 m
distance = distance over all
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2009, 09:48:44 am »

Dear LongJog

The formula looks great, we will hold it and check it, thanks.

Sincerely,

snow_freak

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2009, 01:39:00 pm »

Dear Snow_Freak

Sincerely,

Hi Geoffrey,
where can I get the beta version?

Thanks

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2009, 12:57:08 am »

Hi,

I have a question about ASCSPEED. I guess this is for ascending speed. How is this supposed to work? I watched this value yesterday when I was out biking. I only got to values. Mostly 0 but sometimes I got 3600 m/hr. The training track was quite flat but with some hills where I expected this value to work.

Bt the way, Is it possible to start a new lap by position? If I'm running multiple laps on a track I want the clock to start over when I cross the startline? Of course this could be done by specifying the distance but that might be unknown during the first lap. 

Regards
Johan

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2009, 11:15:51 am »

Dear Snow_Freak

Sincerely,

Hi Geoffrey,
where can I get the beta version?

Thanks

Hi, Snow_Freak

You can send me email, I will forward you soon,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2009, 08:46:34 am »

Hi,

I have a question about ASCSPEED. I guess this is for ascending speed. How is this supposed to work? I watched this value yesterday when I was out biking. I only got to values. Mostly 0 but sometimes I got 3600 m/hr. The training track was quite flat but with some hills where I expected this value to work.

Bt the way, Is it possible to start a new lap by position? If I'm running multiple laps on a track I want the clock to start over when I cross the startline? Of course this could be done by specifying the distance but that might be unknown during the first lap. 

Regards
Johan

Deart Johan

Thanks for your kind support.
For ASCSPEED is for asceeding speedd. Now we calculated it by (h1-h2)/sec*3600 sec= m/hr, because the elevation is reported by GPS every second. So the min scale value is 3600.

I would like to know what does lap by position use for? I think this function is possible, but concernring on GPS accuracy (+/-15m), the trigger point would be someting unreliable. Do you have any idea on this?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey 

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2009, 08:19:34 am »

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm also a new and happy user of the GH-625 GPS Watch.
I'm using the watch less than one week - so I don't have much experience up to now.

In the meantime I have read almost all articles in this thread and I'm really astonished
about the excellent support !  I didn't expect this...

For my personal point of view I would like to summarize the features, which should be
optimized in the next firmware:

1. Cummulatice Error in lap function:
    I also had this problem in all of my tests up to now. As explained earlier, this can be solved
    by a modified calculation suggested by Longjog. Based on the current used formular the
    problems increases with higher speed. Today I used the watch in my car, and at the end
    of a 45 km trip the clock did show only 42 laps !

2. Memory full handling:
    I think the best method for solving the full memory problem is to provide an additional
    Setup / Configuration option, which allows to select either to overwrite old data or to
    stop saving new data.

3. Heart Rate Monitor:
    I didn't test this function very much - however I have the feeling the GH 625 shows a
    heart rate, which is somehow higher than expected.  I also saw the heart rate slowly
    stepping up, when I started the watch with the belt having not an optimum contact.
    For these kind of problems, I would suggest to signal the heart beat received by the
    watch by a blinking heart symbol.

4.  Auto Lap by Position:
    I also think a function like lap by postition could by very useful:  I often use a track around a
    small lake for my running training. And because it's small, I run it several times.
    If I could set the Start position as a auto lap position, the lap would be counted automatically
    when I pass the start point again. For my personal use in this case the inaccuracy of +/- 15m
    are not interesting. Of course the lap should count only once, even when I move slowly
    through the +/- 15m area around the start point.

5. Virtual Trainer:
   This would be a really great feature !  As said earlier by others, I can imagine to enter a
   setpoint in terms of time for 1km, or for a whole distance like 42km and then watch a
   virtual partner running 100 or 200m in front of me (or even better: behind me).
   I could also imagine to load some old training data (track and times) into the watch
   and to use this data to compare to my next training.
   I think, the basic tools for such a function are already available in the watch.
   It is just a questions of combining them in a rigth way...

6. German language:
   As you might have guessed from my strange wording, my native language is German.
   And I found that the translation for German menus is sometime not very good !
   This applies as well to the watch itself but also to the GS Gym Software.
   In the meantime I switched back to the English version in order to understand the
   functions better !
   Maybe it is possible to post an excel sheet or something similar containing the
   English / German terms and some of the forum users have a look at the translation
   and try to optimize it. I would also like to help in this job !

Best regards and sorry for writing such a long posting.
I will try to shorten it next time !

Hubert

GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 19 queries.