USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: More features of GH-625 is coming soon!  (Read 36519 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: More features of GH-625 is coming soon!
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2011, 05:20:14 am »

I have tested the SirfIV performance of GH-625XT, it is amazing!
It gets fix soon and no effect even in close the building.
We will plan to recruit tester to involove testing. :D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey please tell us more!!

How fast GPS connection on a cold and warm start? What about the ephemeris data prediction: does the hot start period is really that extended? (I think they spoke about few days to one week if I recall correctly)

Can you feel the difference with the new energy management? 

And have you tried it downtown Taipei? :P

Yes, firstly, I cold start two devices: GH-625 and GH-625XT under weak signal environment (around 10-20dB signal strength).
XT got fix below 40sec but 625 no signal with few blank bar.
SirFIV has been built in prediction of emphersis, if the device got 3Dfix before, and then go to obstruction area to power on to acquire signal, it just needs to capture one satellite and then expand the others automatically to get 3D fix through prediction. :D
Of course, power management is superior! ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2011, 11:46:46 am »

Sssssssound promising!  ;D

I suppose the GH-505s will use the sirfstarIV as well?

Have a nice weekend,

Simon

canadien

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2011, 12:05:11 pm »

I have a battery based USB chargeer (kjell & company 99 sek 4st AA batterier, it was kind of to cheap as it "opens" up and drop batteries when moving around to much) I can connect the USB cable and put the watch on my arm with the USB cable still connected. Last time I put the charger in my pocket but now I have bought a "phone/mp3 player on the arm thing" that I will try. I have only neede to charge it like this 3 times on trail races (gax50miles/fullmoonrace and TEC) on my time based races I just put it in a charger and run a few laps/hours and pick it up again when batter is full I will probablt do that on TEC this year instead of fiddeling with the batterypack.

Will you dare to show us a pic of your new patented arm? So we can see who's on the verge of becoming a real cybor android. Here ultrapetita's arm:

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2011, 12:41:09 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

Yes, firstly, I cold start two devices: GH-625 and GH-625XT under weak signal environment (around 10-20dB signal strength).
SirFIV has been built in prediction of emphersis, if the device got 3Dfix before, and then go to obstruction area to power on to acquire signal, it just needs to capture one satellite and then expand the others automatically to get 3D fix through prediction.
Of course, power management is superior!

It sounds great :P, when thus it come out????? Or better ;D when can we possibly test it?

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2011, 08:41:43 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

SirFIV has been built in prediction of emphersis, if the device got 3Dfix before, and then go to obstruction area to power on to acquire signal, it just needs to capture one satellite and then expand the others automatically to get 3D fix through prediction.
Of course, power management is superior!

It sounds great :P, when thus it come out????? Or better ;D when can we possibly test it?

Regards,

Albert

We are developping firmware and softwarte now, you all have chance to be the lucky guy. ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2011, 11:38:41 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

I got the new software in and forgot WAAS/EGNOS, it was not ON, It makes in my region much difference in altitude. ON gives better readings, so put this option in all devices please.

Regards,

Albert   
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

canadien

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2011, 01:53:19 pm »

By the way, Zingo, Ander and al: have you ever consider using a kinetic charger?

I first read about it in 2008/2009 when it was just an idea in the mind of some. But this thread made me wonder what became of it. So I just found out that there are few products that pop up in the market during the last months. But the only one that I can find it's webpage is this one:

http://www.npowerpeg.com/

Take a look at this page http://www.greendiary.com/entry/15-cellphone-chargers-that-harness-kinetic-energy-for-a-clean-recharge/ and search for m2e power, viber burst, Etive, nPower and Humo

They say that m2e will be retail between 25$ to 40$ but website under construction ;-(

But be aware that nPower is retail 160$!! :o

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:31:43 pm by canadien »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »

I use the stay on setting for backligt and keep in on for the whole training seem to work without draining the battery if I run 3-4h or less. Have not tested it for longer periods.

I can confirm: surprisingly turning on the backlight during your training don't affect much the battery  :)

Aye!
Thanks for the tip.
Zingo, how do you charge the watch while running? Taking the watch off the wrist?
Small suggestion: For me who is running and skiing with clumsy gloves during the dark hours of the day it would be neat if the light came on when i press the lapbutton. One button less to hunt. :-)

Best regards

Anders

Yes. That's what I had in mind Geoffrey. I mean the watch has a setting for how long the light should stay on when the lightbutton is pressed and that setting could also be applied on the lapbutton so when lapbutton is pressed a lap is made and light is on for...the time set earlier. Zingo's and Canadien's advice seems quite simple though. Just not sure how much battery it costs when it's really cold outside. Maybe Z or C have an answer to that?

Best regards
Anders

Hi Anders,

How about to add a selection as light will be on when "button pressed"?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2011, 06:13:02 am »

Here is my cyborg arm:

More info here:
http://www.funbeat.se/blogs/show.aspx?BlogPostingID=80990

Regarding "light on and cold weather" I had not problem at all for a 2-3h runs. For longer runs I have not tested with lights always on.

canadien

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2011, 10:51:49 pm »

Here is my cyborg arm:
Not bad, not bad... as long as you don't have stitches and underskin wires...
Actually it looks less homemade than ultrapetita's one. But why are you posing with the 615? Is the wire less cumbersome than on the 625 or it's just because it's the only GH watch you owned?

And what do you think of the kinetic charger idea (see my last post)? I do like the idea of being self-suffiant while being able to provide all the necessary power from your running?

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2011, 02:59:50 am »

Actually it looks less homemade than ultrapetita's one. But why are you posing with the 615? Is the wire less cumbersome than on the 625 or it's just because it's the only GH watch you owned?
Yes it's the only one I own.

And what do you think of the kinetic charger idea (see my last post)? I do like the idea of being self-sufficient while being able to provide all the necessary power from your running?
I kind of like it, my first idea was going for a solar-panel thing, but as the size of charger and the replaceable batteries are lightweight I more into why bother It will be long until I be out so long that the weight of the batteries will be a problem.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2011, 07:44:15 am »

By the way, Zingo, Ander and al: have you ever consider using a kinetic charger?

I first read about it in 2008/2009 when it was just an idea in the mind of some. But this thread made me wonder what became of it. So I just found out that there are few products that pop up in the market during the last months. But the only one that I can find it's webpage is this one:

http://www.npowerpeg.com/

Take a look at this page http://www.greendiary.com/entry/15-cellphone-chargers-that-harness-kinetic-energy-for-a-clean-recharge/ and search for m2e power, viber burst, Etive, nPower and Humo

They say that m2e will be retail between 25$ to 40$ but website under construction ;-(

What about nPower? It is retail 160$!!

Nice. Viberburst instead of a footpod. I also like rotocharger. Would fit fine in the glovecompartment in my car. Have a rotocharged flashlight there. A rotocharged flashlight with output for charging cellphones and other things would be neat. And how about a handstrengthener with a charger? :-)

canadien

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2011, 01:29:16 pm »

Yes wearing viber burst like a footpod is probably the lightest solution right there (nPower is 11oz), but there is no official release and it has been announced as nearly as two years ago...

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2011, 04:15:50 am »

There's also this non-kinetic solution: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1116.0

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2011, 05:48:57 pm »

Hello. i'm turning into a displaynerd.

I went on in another thread about making the display higher rather than wider but have now completely changed my mind and think the display on 615/625 is great.If something is to be done then that would in my opinion be make it a little higher but keep the wideness. But that's of topic for today. The idea for today is to make the 4-split page more easy to see. I have problems reading it when running. Therefore i suggest the following implemention. it might be hard to cram in HH:MM:SS for that a 3-split screen maybe is better but part from that I think the suggestion down here would offer easier reading.

I do not suggest pink background. The paper just happened to be pink. I also know that right now there can't be an arrow in one field for compass or route but maybe in the future? i've never used the routething but i guess the point is to run after a predecided track so the arrow on the same page could be usable. Or? And finally maybe I could have made the figures a little bit bigger but you get the picture anyway.

Is there a way to volunteer for testing new products by the way?

Best regards!
Anders

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 19 queries.