USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: More features of GH-625 is coming soon!  (Read 36623 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: More features of GH-625 is coming soon!
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2011, 09:25:50 am »

Hello. i'm turning into a displaynerd.

I went on in another thread about making the display higher rather than wider but have now completely changed my mind and think the display on 615/625 is great.If something is to be done then that would in my opinion be make it a little higher but keep the wideness. But that's of topic for today. The idea for today is to make the 4-split page more easy to see. I have problems reading it when running. Therefore i suggest the following implemention. it might be hard to cram in HH:MM:SS for that a 3-split screen maybe is better but part from that I think the suggestion down here would offer easier reading.

I do not suggest pink background. The paper just happened to be pink. I also know that right now there can't be an arrow in one field for compass or route but maybe in the future? i've never used the routething but i guess the point is to run after a predecided track so the arrow on the same page could be usable. Or? And finally maybe I could have made the figures a little bit bigger but you get the picture anyway.

Is there a way to volunteer for testing new products by the way?

Best regards!
Anders

Hi Anders,

It is appreciated for your suggestions.
We are designing for the further products as quarter windows as you mentioned. To put arrow is also fine for implementation.
We are welcome anyone vounteer join test. ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2011, 01:23:53 pm »

Hello Anders,

Your idea is not bad, but what if you only want to have 3 items on screen? :-\
The arrow is what I use a lot with trackback, only the arrow could be usefull together with other info.

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2011, 04:23:35 pm »

I like also that data fields is like anders mentioned when it is split to four field. Actually in GH-505 they already is that order. But now numbers are still to small, they use only half of field height.

I understand that reason is values which need many characters to show, like time is, and it make it impossible to use bigger font for numbers. One solution could be possibility to split display to three datafield where one use half display and would be full width and rest two fields use another half of display together. Then yo could use width field for time and smaler two fields for some shorter data values like hrm of or lapcount etc. It is not easy to explaine what I mean, but hopefully picture tell more.
Like this:
|                               |
------------------------

Also it would be good to think if data field subjects could be writed vertically and that way not consume too much space which would be more usable for bigger font of actual value.

Rookie

canadien

« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2011, 09:13:24 pm »

I understand that reason is values which need many characters to show, like time is, and it make it impossible to use bigger font for numbers. One solution could be possibility to split display to three datafield where one use half display and would be full width and rest two fields use another half of display together. Then yo could use width field for time and smaler two fields for some shorter data values like hrm of or lapcount etc. It is not easy to explaine what I mean, but hopefully picture tell more.
Like this:
------------------------

Also it would be good to think if data field subjects could be writed vertically and that way not consume too much space which would be more usable for bigger font of actual value.

Rookie

I agree with you: split screen name take too much place. Could we use logo or symbol instead to save space? ex: Time of the day could be replace with a little clock symbol,  Running time, a little moving running shoe or running shoes with wings, Heartrate, a little bumping heart, etc. Those logo could be insert in the upper left of each split screen. It would help to give more room for data in a quarter split screen or third split screen as show in Rookies' graph.

But personally I like the way it is right now for running. I don't think quarter split screen is suitable for running as your watch is moving much and make hard to catch data rapidly. I often set my screen to 3 divisions as 2 divisions do not contains enough data and with 4 divisions, the data are too small.

The only thing I would like would be to have the ability to move splitting lines up and down:
- image of GH watch taken from gpspassion.com

So I could set equal space between every division when there is three divisions:    Running_____
                                                                                                                Speed_______
                                                                                                                Distance_____

Or even give more importance to first division instead of the default middle one:

Running___
Speed_______
Distance_____
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:24:27 pm by canadien »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2011, 01:33:11 am »

Dear all,

Here is another appearance of GH-625XT with the latest display.
Hope it can clarify your curious. :D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2011, 01:42:02 am »

Wow.. what a beauty in black and red!

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:34 pm »

Hello Anders,

Your idea is not bad, but what if you only want to have 3 items on screen? :-\
The arrow is what I use a lot with trackback, only the arrow could be usefull together with other info.

Regards,

Albert
Thanks!
For 3 items I agree with Rookies suggestion.
Also agree with rookie that this is worth thinking of:

Canadien: I'm with you. Even size on the three parts of the screen. Symbols! Yes!

Geoffrey: It looks great! Small q:  Is the text "custom 1" changeable?

Finally some drawings I made before I went to sleep. Feel free to laugh at the dog.  :D

edit: size corrected. Sorry about previous enourmousness. These are small sketches or suggestions of different ways to use the display that hopefully gives inspiration and receive feedback. Even if they aren't made very carefully I think that the only one that might need some explanation is the ones with graphs. The top one is with 2 graphs pace and pulse.It might be smarter to put the lower value of pace on the downside instead of up to prevent the graphs to follow each other too much.
On the bottom one i was thinking about making the graphs flow in different directions. Actually I think it would be easy to learn to overview it even if it sounds like reading two books at the same time, one from left and one from right (which we western people don't do unless we read mangaseries) So pace goes from right to left and present value is read on the axis to the right. pulse goes opposite and is read on the left axis. (As you can see I've drawn the flowarrows in wrong directions.) Bottom axis should be changable (time, distance) and scalable (1km, 2km, 5 km 10km etc. or 1 min, 2 min, 5 min,10 min...) This means that on the sketch below  present pace is on the right axis and following the graph to the very left shows pace 2 km's ago and vice versa for pulse then.

Is it clear or confusing?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:04:04 am by AndersBrontosaurus »

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:17 pm »

Dear all,

Here is another appearance of GH-625XT with the latest display.
Hope it can clarify your curious. :D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hello Geoffrey,

Looks very good and clear, I hope the trackback can be somehow be together with other data.
Like a 3 field top ore bottom 2 fields and 1 bigger for trackback, with arrow

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

canadien

« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:11 pm »

Should, Anders, your cake be in fire to mean "burning calories"?  ;D

But I'm not sure finally that logo and symbol are a good idea because it can lead to some confusion.
Or, at least, you need to display the units...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:36:56 am by canadien »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2011, 06:33:50 am »

Here is my cyborg arm:

More info here:
http://www.funbeat.se/blogs/show.aspx?BlogPostingID=80990

Regarding "light on and cold weather" I had not problem at all for a 2-3h runs. For longer runs I have not tested with lights always on.

Check this one out. Not as cyborgic but looks neat.

http://www.wesellcd.com/affiliate/redirect.php?ID=Aa8Ytzzg&page=products&product_id=6164&

Anders
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:43:38 am by AndersBrontosaurus »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2011, 07:19:11 pm »

Should, Anders, your cake be in fire to mean "burning calories"?  ;D

Ah! You mean, something like creme brulee?  ;)

But I'm not sure finally that logo and symbol are a good idea because it can lead to some confusion.
Or, at least, you need to display the units...
Yes no matter if symbols or words are used I assume you're right about the units.

canadien

« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2011, 01:19:22 pm »

Ah! You mean, something like creme brulee?  ;)
He he... I meant the same cupcake that you drawn but in flames 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 20 queries.