USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware XII released!!!  (Read 31669 times)

albert

• this product gives value for money
Re: Firmware XII released!!!
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2010, 07:17:41 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

I have discovered that the calories burning total are not correct, canít be.
Example: I did 4 hours training and it came out on 615 kcal. I did check after that the sportstrack and on calculated base it should be 3745 kcal. Later I found on the XII software (don't know about the older ones), it is all wrong with all the rides. :(

I did introduce our watch to the local bicycle store, the man is positive about it. I will contact him later next week. Will be continued. ;D

Best regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2010, 12:57:33 pm »

Hello Albert,

you can select the calculation-method based on heartrate ((configuration -> Heart RT Setting -> Cadio-Mode -> Heart Rate Monitor On -> Calculate Calories by Heartrate Yes) or on the type of sport (Activity-Setting -> Calories Setting -> Sport-Type). If you have selected calculation based on Heartrate you need to wear the belt, if not you have to select the right sport. Please check.

Regards
Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

albert

« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2010, 06:35:19 am »

Hi Longjog.

Hello Albert,

you can select the calculation-method based on heartrate ((configuration -> Heart RT Setting -> Cadio-Mode -> Heart Rate Monitor On -> Calculate Calories by Heartrate Yes) or on the type of sport (Activity-Setting -> Calories Setting -> Sport-Type). If you have selected calculation based on Heartrate you need to wear the belt, if not you have to select the right sport. Please check.
Thanks, I will check, but I think I did select the heart rate. It could also be that I switch off the watch during a break and then when we cycle again I switch on. All the value stays in and continues counting up, maybe not with the calories. I have to check this again :)
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

albert

« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2010, 09:45:02 am »

Hello Longjog,

I checked, everything was set OK, sport type biking and HRM on + calculating by heartrate, so the only reason could be witching off and later on again. :(

Best regards,

Albert   

albert

« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2010, 06:49:09 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

Please can you confirm the bug in the software with calories total count.

I checked, everything was set OK, sport type biking and HRM on + calculating by heartrate, so the only reason could be switching off and later on again. :(

all other functions are adding up again after I  switched on and pressed the [OK] button. the last one is needed otherwise the track back function stops recording as well.

Next question is:
Can you make an option to HRM acoustic switch off, but still have a little icon blinking showing that you go outside the limits?
The reason is that since a long time now I havened had a single fault on HRM peaks (by having switched off the alarm) :D, even cycling with almost 5000 people together not.  ;D

Best regards,

Albert

albert

« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2010, 05:10:21 am »

Hello Geoffey,

I wonder if it is possible to have a .jpg or bitmap picture underneath the trackback function.
Why?
In sporttracks you can save the plotted track image together with the map.
So if you can allow the whole seen into the watch it can be very handy to have the map underneath. I found out that in the mountains you can drive quickly the wrong way, if on a crossing there are Y junctions or even more roads more ore less in the same direction. Ones I came back in the same valley as was climbing away from, not nice to do it twice.
If the image zoom is working in conjunction with the track back it should not be a problem. I understand it can only be done if you create the track first and than load it in as a GPX ore KML file.

Best regards,

Albert         

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2010, 10:14:13 am »

Hello Geoffey,

I wonder if it is possible to have a .jpg or bitmap picture underneath the trackback function.
Why?
So if you can allow the whole seen into the watch it can be very handy to have the map underneath. I found out that in the mountains you can drive quickly the wrong way, if on a crossing there are Y junctions or even more roads more ore less in the same direction. Ones I came back in the same valley as was climbing away from, not nice to do it twice.
If the image zoom is working in conjunction with the track back it should not be a problem. I understand it can only be done if you create the track first and than load it in as a GPX ore KML file.

Best regards,

Albert       

Hi Albert,

It is difficult be done in GH-625 platform, since it needs extra memory and CPU resource as well as more effort on software.
We have done the research on other projects, it works fine. Just map capture with different size and transfer to device. 
How do you think to implement into the next generation of GH-561?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2010, 12:22:21 pm »

Hello Geoffey,

Why?

Best regards,

Albert       

Hi Albert,

It is difficult be done in GH-625 platform, since it needs extra memory and CPU resource as well as more effort on software.
We have done the research on other projects, it works fine. Just map capture with different size and transfer to device. 

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hi all,

I like the Albert's idea very much ! Very good suggestion. I would really like to have that.
But I'm astonished that this is easy to implement  :o  I thought it might be very difficult
to define the correct coordinates for a jpg-file (it's just a picture !).

Anyway - I do not have to solve it. If you (Geoffrey) did this already: That's fine !
If it's not possible for GH-625, what about the GH-505 ? It should enough power, am I right ?

This would really be an outstanding feature !

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

albert

« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2010, 04:30:01 pm »

Hello Geoffrey and Hubert,

Yes Geoffrey, It is very good to have this in the next generation as GH561.
Hubert, it is only a picture but because you create it together with the track it stays in position like a background only zooming in en out with the track.  ;). But this way it works more ore less as the Garmin. Only plus from the Garmin is that it has the mapsource on the computer and you don't need internet to make routes. Driving with a track becomes with track back easier than with the Garmin because of the arrow we have extra.

Regards,

Albert

rinxols48

« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2010, 05:04:01 pm »

Thanks for your hard work.
I like to try version XII, could you send me to:
email: rinxols48@hotmail.com

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2010, 08:16:13 pm »

Thanks for your hard work.
I like to try version XII, could you send me to:
email: rinxols48@hotmail.com

Hi,rinxols48
you may download the latest version XII from our website directly.
http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=1&en_product_cnt_id=23
Regards,Patt

albert

« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2010, 04:20:34 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

What I would like to see in the Bicycle computer is the possibility track and map image, if anywhere it should be in the device where speed is higher then walking. In the GH651 (next model), it is nice and more clear if the map image is high resolution and detailed enough but not necessary, where in the GH625XT it is or in the bicycle one. The decision time is important and you don't want to turn around, in hiking it is not so much a problem. ;)

Regards,

Albert.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2010, 08:35:47 pm »

Hello Geoffrey and Hubert,

Yes Geoffrey, It is very good to have this in the next generation as GH561.
Hubert, it is only a picture but because you create it together with the track it stays in position like a background only zooming in en out with the track.  ;). But this way it works more ore less as the Garmin. Only plus from the Garmin is that it has the mapsource on the computer and you don't need internet to make routes. Driving with a track becomes with track back easier than with the Garmin because of the arrow we have extra.

Regards,

Albert

Yes, at this moment we are working with CompeGPS for GH-561, you may see more information about them.
http://www.compegps.com/

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

jmafa

« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2010, 10:15:19 am »

To all, I do not know someone already had this problem, at least the Portuguese, but the time in Portugal is wrong.
I changed the time for the city of Lisbon, Portugal, and I see that this is wrong with an hour late, somebody else with this problem?
Thanks

PS- this only after installing XII.

albert

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2010, 02:42:52 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

Yes, at this moment we are working with CompeGPS for GH-561, you may see more information about them.
http://www.compegps.com/
I am not impressed with the choice :(, look at the picture from Bikeroutetoaster.com and Compegps. the price is also not low.

8)From bikeroutetoaster it has blue striped lines and light blue lines with numbers. The blue thick line is a route I made and drove.
This are bike routes the lines with numbers are used in Belgium and the Netherlands and is a network of bike routes and cycle pads. the striped lines are special cycle pads.
This is exact the same area, but the information difference is huge.     
You see the difference, and this is where it is all about with planning a route.
Geoffrey, I went to the local shop, they interested in the bicycle computer if it comes out. ;)
This is the last reaction from home.

Regards, Albert
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 19 queries.