USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: reactions on firmware XII  (Read 36948 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: reactions on firmware XII
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 10:36:53 am »

Updated: yesterday I tried the new firmware running for 10km and the data reported on the HRM was perfect, no wrong value out of range.

I believe that the problems were due to the proximity of the GH-625m to my laptop with WiFi connection active.

In the coming days I will do more tests.

Giuseppe

Hello everyone, I installed the new firmware on my GH-625 and the first odd thing I noticed is that HRM exhibit on display of random values that start at 120bpm and ranging up to 200bpm and stop this without even having worn the HR belt ... and that no actual measurement of heart beats.

The same thing happens to someone else? I would agree to downgrade to version X if the HRM does not work?

Who can explain the function and pace1k peace? Thank you.

Nexuspolaris

Hello Giuseppe,

It seems the WiFi interfer the HRM signal, we have the similar experience that we got random value under railway and high tension area. Please be noted, we use 5KHz RF technology and be weak against low frequency noise interference.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

stephjeg

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2010, 02:03:53 pm »

can you please send the firmware XII to me too, please
stephan_egger@yahoo.de

maximino1

• Regular Members
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2010, 04:31:44 pm »

I apologize in advance because I will use the translator ....  :)
From what I can tell the software works well, but was wondering if you can integrate in the next release the display is divided into 4 sections "vertical" rather than the "horizontal" to make it more visible to those who like me, has a view very poor without glasses. Thanks to all, Max  ;D
GH-625M con : F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
GS-Sport Training Gym v2.1
TCX Converter 2.0.13
Italy

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2010, 09:00:59 pm »

From what I can tell the software works well, but was wondering if you can integrate in the next release the display is divided into 4 sections "vertical" rather than the "horizontal" to make it more visible to those who like me, has a view very poor without glasses. Thanks to all, Max  ;D

Hi Max,

It doesn't matter, even though my English is poor, I still love servicing customers.  :D
We will try make the custom page is configurable by software, but I am not understand what does "vertical" of page mean?

Hopefully you keep loving our products and services.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :)

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2010, 02:27:30 am »

Hi Max,

It doesn't matter, even though my English is poor, I still love servicing customers.  :D
We will try make the custom page is configurable by software, but I am not understand what does "vertical" of page mean?

Sincerely,

Hi Geoffrey and Max,

I think, I understood what Max said: At this moment, when you configure one of the first user pages,
you first select the number of lines you want to have: from one to four.
Max now wants, that the display is not divided into four lines, but into four columns (vertical rows).

I'm sorry, Max - but I do not agree with this. I don't want to have this !  Okay - if it will be an option,
no problem. But I prefer the lines and I want to keep it !
And bytheway: I do not see any reason, why columns should be more readable than lines ?  :-\
I'm afraid, the opposite is true ! Imagine, you have to display the time like 1:13:29 on a quarter of the
display ! The characters have to be really small to fit into this small area. No - I do not agree with you.

But, if we are talking about user pages configuration, there is one other thing, I would suggest:
For me it would be nice to see more values on one page, for example there would be space enough
to display two heart rate values (like AVG and MAX) on one single line. One on the left side, one on
the right. And I think, this could be done, without changing the character sizes. So it would still be
visible.

Okay... but this is more a subject not to bee discussed here and more related to "functions of future models"...

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 02:44:34 am »

...I was wondering if you can integrate in the next release the display is divided into 4 sections "vertical" rather than the "horizontal" to make it more visible to those who like me, has a view very poor without glasses. Thanks to all, Max  ;D
Hi Max, what about these two suggestions:
1. You said, your view is very poor without glasses. Okay... what do think about wearing glasses ?  8)
    I can tell you: I do this since about 10 years - and it works !  Amazing...  ;D
2. What, if you configure your pages not to have four lines, but three (or two, or one).
    I also have three "main" pages with have only three values, so the bigger one in the middle will
    always be recognized easily. The 4th page is seldom used and has four values.

Of course, if you configure only three or two values on one page, who have to switch more often.
For me this is not a problem.
If you configure only two values on a single page, there might be not enough pages to show all the
interesting values. Okay - I agree and threrefor I would ask Geoffrey to implement more user pages
(e.g. 6) into a next model.

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 02:52:02 am »

Hi Max,

Sincerely,

Hi Geoffrey and Max,

I think, I understood what Max said: At this moment, when you configure one of the first user pages,
you first select the number of lines you want to have: from one to four.
Max now wants, that the display is not divided into four lines, but into four columns (vertical rows).

I'm sorry, Max - but I do not agree with this. I don't want to have this !  Okay - if it will be an option,
no problem. But I prefer the lines and I want to keep it !
And bytheway: I do not see any reason, why columns should be more readable than lines ?  :-\
I'm afraid, the opposite is true ! Imagine, you have to display the time like 1:13:29 on a quarter of the
display ! The characters have to be really small to fit into this small area. No - I do not agree with you.

But, if we are talking about user pages configuration, there is one other thing, I would suggest:
For me it would be nice to see more values on one page, for example there would be space enough
to display two heart rate values (like AVG and MAX) on one single line. One on the left side, one on
the right. And I think, this could be done, without changing the character sizes. So it would still be
visible.

Okay... but this is more a subject not to bee discussed here and more related to "functions of future models"...

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Thank you for explanation.
If like your explanation, it seems quite difficult for looking.
For furhter model, we chage the layout for muti windows as four small quarter windows in order to more clear.
And also configurable by software because more of training setting and parameters.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey ;D

maximino1

• Regular Members
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2010, 04:00:51 am »

Hello Geoffrey and Hubert of your answer, to me seemed a good solution only referred to page 4 line ...  :)
Thank you for your attention, Max  ;)
GH-625M con : F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
GS-Sport Training Gym v2.1
TCX Converter 2.0.13
Italy

palisander

• Regular Members
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010, 11:31:22 am »

Hi Geoffrey
in my case the new firmware causes a new (old) problem. Since I have updated the device I get problems with the heart rate, which are described in another thread. When I start to exercise, the watch shows beats up to 200 per minute. The rate decreases after a while, but there are considerable fluctuations further on. I never knew this problem before the update.

Pleas help
P$@%@

Hello.
I have the same problem.
The first minutes of training the heartrate data is 195-200.
If I stopped the heartrate is normal again, but in the first 6 minutes, when I run again I get 200 BPM.
The rest of time, the bpm are normal

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2010, 01:06:12 am »

Hi Geoffrey
in my case the new firmware causes a new (old) problem. Since I have updated the device I get problems with the heart rate, which are described in another thread. When I start to exercise, the watch shows beats up to 200 per minute. The rate decreases after a while, but there are considerable fluctuations further on. I never knew this problem before the update.

Pleas help
P$@%@

Hello.
I have the same problem.
The first minutes of training the heartrate data is 195-200.
If I stopped the heartrate is normal again, but in the first 6 minutes, when I run again I get 200 BPM.
The rest of time, the bpm are normal

Dear customer,

It this case, please wet your belt to ensure the good contact with body.
And also be confirmed about the battery.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

abdominizer

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 06:42:41 am »

What version of the chestband is used when you have problem with surging HR-values? When I first bought the GH-625 it came with this chestband (same as shown in the pictuure for GH-615):

http://www.globalsat.com.tw/products-page.php?menu=2&gs_en_product_id=5&gs_en_product_cnt_id=21

This chestband was very unreliable and often showed values over 200 bpm during rest or easy jog. I got the chestband replaced and now it works perfectly even after updates to firmware X and XII!

Sincerely,
Jonas
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
GH-505 #00006, Firmware: F-0TH-0C-1005061 (Version 2.0)
Sporttracks Version 2.1.3465
GS-Sport Gym Version 2.1, GS-Sport Gym Pro V.1.2

abdominizer

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 06:54:21 am »

The new chestband is a new model and doesn't look like the old one, but I couldn't find any pictures of it online.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 03:06:01 am »

The new chestband is a new model and doesn't look like the old one, but I couldn't find any pictures of it online.

Hi Jonas

We already change to sell the new belt at all, just didn't change the photo.
Sorry for confusion.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

abdominizer

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2010, 05:44:50 am »

I have now tested firmware XII in my GH-625 for a week. I have logged 6 runs outdoors and 3 indoor runs using the new indoor mode. Here are my reflections:

Pace: Jumps a little up and down (usually within 10 seconds/km) even att steady pace. These fluctuations are probably due to the GPS inaccuracy which is something we have to live with. The algorithm for calculating pace is good enough now and needs no more work.

Pace 1K: As mentioned before this is useless, steadily shows 60-90 seconds/km higher than actual pace. Pace 1K will be removed for the next firmware upgrade.

Indoor mode: Works perfectly! very good to be able to log and analyze HR when running on a treadmill or on an indoor track! I do miss a notification either on starting the wach or on the satellite fix page that the watch is running in indoor mode. Alternatively you can change firmware so that the watch is always started in "outdoor mode", it is easier to change from outdoor to indoor than changing from inddor to outdoor. I forgot to turn GPS on for a outdoor run, and since the GPS fix page looks the same I didn't notice until after i started timer and took of running. Disturbing since I had to stop running to reset the watch.

heartrate: I've had no problems with unstable HR-readings, the curve is smooth without spikes and reacts fast to increased or decreased HR!

Cumulative distance error: As discussed earlier the error is better than in original firmware but there is still a cumulation of error thet needs to be fixed!

Finally I'd like to express my gratitude to the Globalsat team that are listening to us users and developing new firmwares to solve problems, it is a great customer service!

Sincerely,
Jonas

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2010, 04:30:15 am »

I have now tested firmware XII in my GH-625 for a week. I have logged 6 runs outdoors and 3 indoor runs using the new indoor mode. Here are my reflections:

Pace: Jumps a little up and down (usually within 10 seconds/km) even att steady pace. These fluctuations are probably due to the GPS inaccuracy which is something we have to live with. The algorithm for calculating pace is good enough now and needs no more work.

Pace 1K: As mentioned before this is useless, steadily shows 60-90 seconds/km higher than actual pace. Pace 1K will be removed for the next firmware upgrade.

Indoor mode: Works perfectly! very good to be able to log and analyze HR when running on a treadmill or on an indoor track! I do miss a notification either on starting the wach or on the satellite fix page that the watch is running in indoor mode. Alternatively you can change firmware so that the watch is always started in "outdoor mode", it is easier to change from outdoor to indoor than changing from inddor to outdoor. I forgot to turn GPS on for a outdoor run, and since the GPS fix page looks the same I didn't notice until after i started timer and took of running. Disturbing since I had to stop running to reset the watch.

heartrate: I've had no problems with unstable HR-readings, the curve is smooth without spikes and reacts fast to increased or decreased HR!

Cumulative distance error: As discussed earlier the error is better than in original firmware but there is still a cumulation of error thet needs to be fixed!

Finally I'd like to express my gratitude to the Globalsat team that are listening to us users and developing new firmwares to solve problems, it is a great customer service!

Sincerely,
Jonas

Dear Jonas,

We are very happy to get your encourage! :D It makes us much powerful!

About in-door to outdoor changing, you can see the satellite symbol is flasing or missing to know your setting.
The GPS is default setting ON no matter indoor or outdoor setting, so it always capture signal from sky unless you trun off it. Hope it is helpful.

Good to hear your heart rate works fine! :D

Cumulative distance error is keeping improving, maybe you can send more detail information for reference.

If you satisfy our services and product, please don't heasitate to introduce your firend to purchase.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 19 queries.