USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: reactions on firmware XII  (Read 40554 times)

abdominizer

Re: reactions on firmware XII
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:05 am »

Geoffrey,
I have sent you an e-mail with two logfiles from two distanceruns on the same course, one logged using original firmware and one using firmware XII. The cumulated lap error on the 14 full laps, using autolap set to 1 km, is 139m with original firmware and 81m with firmware XII. This is an improvement but the changes proposed by Hubert will decrease the error even more!

Sincerely,
Jonas
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
GH-505 #00006, Firmware: F-0TH-0C-1005061 (Version 2.0)
Sporttracks Version 2.1.3465
GS-Sport Gym Version 2.1, GS-Sport Gym Pro V.1.2

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2010, 12:13:31 am »

Geoffrey,
I have sent you an e-mail with two logfiles from two distanceruns on the same course, one logged using original firmware and one using firmware XII. The cumulated lap error on the 14 full laps, using autolap set to 1 km, is 139m with original firmware and 81m with firmware XII. This is an improvement but the changes proposed by Hubert will decrease the error even more!

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

We already Hubert formula into GH-505 for testing, it seems good.
Since now is Cinese new Year hoilday, I won't be office untill 2/22 and be not able to analyze with our team.
I will give feedback asap when I back.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

abdominizer

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2010, 03:57:02 am »

Geoffrey,

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Since now is Cinese new Year hoilday, I won't be office untill 2/22 and be not able to analyze with our team.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey,
I'm really looking forward to the new GH-505! It sounds great and will set the standard for all other GPS training devices! I have told all my running friends and competitors of the great service and develpment offered by the Globalsat team, some of them have already boyght the GH-625 and some are waiting to see the new GH-50x, to consider prices and value of added features before they decide what model to buy! If you see an increase in the sales of your products in Sweden you know where to send your thank you card... ;)

I hope your New Year Holiday will be full of joy and celebration and that you can take a well deserved break from working!

Sincerely,
Jonas

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2010, 10:16:38 am »

Geoffrey,

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey,
I'm really looking forward to the new GH-505! It sounds great and will set the standard for all other GPS training devices! I have told all my running friends and competitors of the great service and develpment offered by the Globalsat team, some of them have already boyght the GH-625 and some are waiting to see the new GH-50x, to consider prices and value of added features before they decide what model to buy! If you see an increase in the sales of your products in Sweden you know where to send your thank you card... ;)

I hope your New Year Holiday will be full of joy and celebration and that you can take a well deserved break from working!

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hello Jonas,

Thanks for your kind support and introduction.
Gxxm is our major competitor, he is strong. But our strength is best services, continuous improvment and competitive price.  ;)
I am also very looking forward to finding our training device could be standard or on leadership in the furture.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

abdominizer

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2010, 05:25:03 pm »

Geoffrey,
It seems the new firmware XII is doing a better job of calculating accurate distance no matter what data recording interval you chose, did you change the distance calculating algorithm? I posted some results from my testing in another thread:

http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1143.15

Sincerely,
Jonas

foxy

• Regular Members
  • kernel panic /dev/coffee empty
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 02:15:49 am »

Just done the update from original firmware to XII. Works fine. Is it possible that there was some work made for improving accuracy from altitude and locking speed for the satelites at startup?
For the locking of the satelites I started from 1-10 minutes. Now I'm at 1-2 minutes...

Great!

Foxy
Training Gym 2.1
Sporttracks 2.1.3465 
GH 625M, Firmware:  F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)

abdominizer

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2010, 01:31:43 pm »

Just done the update from original firmware to XII. Works fine. Is it possible that there was some work made for improving accuracy from altitude and locking speed for the satelites at startup?
For the locking of the satelites I started from 1-10 minutes. Now I'm at 1-2 minutes...

Great!

Foxy

Hi,
10 minutes to lock on to the satellites doesn't sound right... My watch has always found at least 4 satellites within two minutes, no difference with original firmware or firmware XII. Did you have a free space around you when it took 10 minutes?

Regards,
Jonas

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:00 am »

Geoffrey,
It seems the new firmware XII is doing a better job of calculating accurate distance no matter what data recording interval you chose, did you change the distance calculating algorithm? I posted some results from my testing in another thread:

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas

Firmware XII didn't change the distance calculation by interval time changing.
We just work on GH-505 to evualate if it is worked or not.

Meanwhile, we are working firmware XIII, we will adds:

- Slope;
- Pace 1K remove;
- 2 configurable selection of LAP setting;
- Cumulative distance improvement;

Please kindly wait.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :D

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2010, 11:32:43 am »

Great!

Foxy

Hi,
10 minutes to lock on to the satellites doesn't sound right... My watch has always found at least 4 satellites within two minutes, no difference with original firmware or firmware XII. Did you have a free space around you when it took 10 minutes?

Regards,
Jonas

Hi Foxy,

Perhaps the obstruction will worse the GPS singal or vibrating watch will also affect the fixing time?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

foxy

• Regular Members
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2010, 03:09:03 pm »

Hi,

Regards,
Jonas
[/quote]

Hi Jonas,
the time is according to the same track. The start is at my homelocation (in town).

foxy
Training Gym 2.1
Sporttracks 2.1.3465 

foxy

• Regular Members
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2010, 03:38:43 pm »

Great!

Foxy

Hi,

Regards,
Jonas

Hi Foxy,

Perhaps the obstruction will worse the GPS singal or vibrating watch will also affect the fixing time?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Maybe... It is possible, that the faster lock has nothing to do with the new firmware...
But since the update I get the fast lock on the satelites :-)
That improves the function for me ;-)

regards
foxy
Training Gym 2.1
Sporttracks 2.1.3465 

abdominizer

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2010, 05:03:22 pm »

Geoffrey,

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas

- Slope;
- Pace 1K remove;

Please kindly wait.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey,
I'm looking forward to the improved firmware XIII, it's always exciting to test something new! I'm especially interested in the 2 configurable selection of LAP setting and the cumulative distance improvement!

Sincerely,
Jonas

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2010, 09:09:25 pm »

Great!

Foxy

Hi,

Regards,
Jonas

Hi Foxy,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Maybe... It is possible, that the faster lock has nothing to do with the new firmware...
But since the update I get the fast lock on the satelites :-)
That improves the function for me ;-)

regards
foxy

Hi Foxy,

It superises to me. ???
Maybe it reset the regsister after updating to fix the problem. Anyway, if the problem occurs next time, try FACTORY RESET and let me know the result.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2010, 09:58:26 pm »

Geoffrey,

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas

- Slope;
- Pace 1K remove;

Please kindly wait.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey,
I'm looking forward to the improved firmware XIII, it's always exciting to test something new! I'm especially interested in the 2 configurable selection of LAP setting and the cumulative distance improvement!

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

We are happy you all care our development status! :D
Customer always drives us progressing and for sure we will inform you if any updated.

Have a nice weekend.

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2010, 04:34:49 am »

- Slope;
- Pace 1K remove;

Please kindly wait.

Sincerely, Geoffrey :D
Hi Geoffrey,

it is good to hear, that you still find some time during developing new products
to improve functionality of our "old" product.
I like that and I'm looking forward to test the next firmware XIII !

Although that I seem to be the only one who is interested in optimisation of HRM alarming
I want to ask again, if you have any plans to improve the alarming in one of the future
versions of the firmware.
Maybe you don't remember my problems, because I posted them a long time ago and since
then I switched HRM alarming off. I started the discussion here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=952.msg1456#msg1456

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 19 queries.