USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: reactions on firmware XII  (Read 42929 times)

zingo

• zingo.org
Re: reactions on firmware XII
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 03:01:35 pm »

Albert:
Nice gear you have! Wonder if a threadmil version will be made someday :)
It would be nice if you could combine HR from the watch and the "virtual" GPS from the SW.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 03:53:47 am »

Hello Longjog,
We have resolved cumulative error on firmware beta 3.1, perhaps we added PACE and in-door training features to cause MCU resource is not enough and result in cumulative error.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :)

I don't think the Autolap Cumulative error issue was ever solved!

Have you tested the calculation method cancelling the cumulative error presented by somebody here? I think you can not claim slow CPU for not being tested/implemented that (as it just adjusts the next lap distance based on the cumulated error)?!?

After solving this and limited number of laps -issue, the FW would be quite optimal for me!! Wasn't your target to have best-in-class product, which GH-615/625 would be with these issues corrected...

Hello Ultrapetita,

Thanks in advice.
I checked revised history and found it has improved cumulative Lap error in firmwareX; but perhaps not perfect. We have discussion a lot in this forum and thanks everybody's help.
Here is the information for your reference:
F-GGH-2A-0910072 (Version X)   
1.  Add HR% in custom page
2.  Add HR% Alert
3.  Add a arrorw at 1/3 display in Track back mode
4.  Fix cumulative lap distance error
5.  In mile system, the height unit keep using ""ft"", not change to ""mile""
6.  Add pace 1K in custom page

We adjust the coming lap distance base on the last distance error; it books better but perfect.

We will keep studing on this issue to make product perfect.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 04:37:33 am »

Sincerely,
Geoffrey
Hi Geoffrey,

the cumulative lap error wasnīt solved in Firmware X. There was a small error in the algorythm. It was discussed here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1036.msg2271#msg2271
but it seems you not have changed the algorythm yet.

Regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 10:29:40 am »

Sincerely,
Geoffrey
Hi Geoffrey,

the cumulative lap error wasnīt solved in Firmware X. There was a small error in the algorythm. It was discussed here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1036.msg2271#msg2271
but it seems you not have changed the algorythm yet.

Regards

Longjog

Hello Longjog,

Thanks in advice, I understand we still need to improve the alogrithm.
Please kindly wait.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 11:23:54 am »

pace and pace1k are blank in the start of the training, I think they should all show same as average pace (PACE_AVR?) untill they are started to be updated (3min for pace and little more then 1km for pace1k). And I think you should not bother to fix pace1k since I should be remove now that pace works much better.

ultrapetita

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 02:40:56 am »

pace and pace1k are blank in the start of the training, I think they should all show same as average pace (PACE_AVR?) untill they are started to be updated (3min for pace and little more then 1km for pace1k). And I think you should not bother to fix pace1k since I should be remove now that pace works much better.

I agree completely! AVG PACE should be shown in the beginning even if they are not that stable, but one can see at least the rough PACE estimate.

satac

• Regular Members
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 10:26:23 am »

Hi everybody, good job Geoffrey. I agree with zingo and ultrapetita (the last 2 post) no PACE in the first 3 minutes is a lot. Not for a normal training, but for a race I want to know my PACE at the start, thast is important.

Regards.

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 05:19:09 pm »

I want to know my PACE at the start, thast is important.
Hello satac,
it is much more important not to overpace in the first three minutes. This is detected by heartrate, not by pace.
Mostly in the first kilometers you have to find your feeling-well-pace. This isnīt easy, because there are a lot of other runners you have to overtake or which overtake you. Your pace is increasing an decreasing in a wide window.
I mean in a race it is not important how your pace is in the first three minutes.
As we all know after the long pace and pace1k discussion, it is not possible to calculate a useable pace-value by GPS when the distance is to small and speed is running speed. Dear Globalsat-people please donīt change the actual pace algorhythm anymore and delete pace1k, this isnīt necessary anymore.

For all who want to know their pace at the beginning, why not use AVG-Pace?

Geoffrey, please implement manual input for max. HF for example instead of date of birth (to have real %HF-values, otherway I have to mod my birthday) and correct Auto-lap-function to clear cumulative error.

Sincerely

Longjog

http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

jojojojojojo

• Regular Members
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 04:51:20 am »

Hi,

since the pace1k is probably not needed anymore, maybe one could replace it by "fastpace". Meaning a pace-calculation, based only on the average of, lets say, the last five measured velocities. For a 1-second recording setting one would get a very fast pace. Which would probably jump quite a bit, but it could give an idea of the instantaneous pace.. Just a thought.

Oh, where again can I find the "indoor training" mode??

Regards,

Johannes

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 01:46:21 am »

I want to know my PACE at the start, thast is important.
Hello satac,
it is much more important not to overpace in the first three minutes. This is detected by heartrate, not by pace.
Mostly in the first kilometers you have to find your feeling-well-pace. This isnīt easy, because there are a lot of other runners you have to overtake or which overtake you. Your pace is increasing an decreasing in a wide window.
I mean in a race it is not important how your pace is in the first three minutes.
As we all know after the long pace and pace1k discussion, it is not possible to calculate a useable pace-value by GPS when the distance is to small and speed is running speed. Dear Globalsat-people please donīt change the actual pace algorhythm anymore and delete pace1k, this isnīt necessary anymore.

Geoffrey, please implement manual input for max. HF for example instead of date of birth (to have real %HF-values, otherway I have to mod my birthday) and correct Auto-lap-function to clear cumulative error.

Sincerely

Longjog

Dear Long, Ultrapetita, Satac, Zingo

Thank you all for excellent advice!
We will remove Pace1K and consider to implement manual HR Max input.
About cumulative error improvement, will check as well.
At this moment, we are almost occupied in development of new project. Please kindly wait.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  ;D

BMWilli

• Regular Members
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 02:17:47 am »

Hi Geoffrey
in my case the new firmware causes a new (old) problem. Since I have updated the device I get problems with the heart rate, which are described in another thread. When I start to exercise, the watch shows beats up to 200 per minute. The rate decreases after a while, but there are considerable fluctuations further on. I never knew this problem before the update.

Pleas help
P$@%@

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 02:34:04 am »

Hi Geoffrey
in my case the new firmware causes a new (old) problem. Since I have updated the device I get problems with the heart rate, which are described in another thread. When I start to exercise, the watch shows beats up to 200 per minute. The rate decreases after a while, but there are considerable fluctuations further on. I never knew this problem before the update.

Pleas help
P$@%@

Hi P$@%@,

It doesn't change any thing in HR between the two firmware.
Please ensure a good contact and wet before wear it and check the battery is ok or not.
Beside, you also can get a training without belt to check is there any noise interference from environment.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

ultrapetita

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 04:32:11 am »

Hello satac,

Sincerely

Longjog

I must disargree little bit with Longjog's opinion: As the HR starts to ramp-up during the first couple of minutes, you can not get any useful information in a race from HR during the first 3 minutes (especially in Marathon or Half-marathon race). In addition to that, you probably have "race add-on" component in your HR.

As Longjog mentioned, the feeling is important at the beginning and in longer distance races. The feeling may be even too good at the beginning with lots of competitors starting too fast... If you start with too fast pace, you can consume too big part of your energy during the beginning of the race.

Thus, the AVG PACE which is all the time converging towards the stable 3mins PACE instead of seeing --.-- would be a useful estimate at least after ~200 meters of running and getting all the time more reliable.

Why not use AVG PACE instead? - It would be nice to have this changed automatically at 3min from starting as you don't want to add any extra adjustment need for your device, do you. 

BMWilli

• Regular Members
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 09:06:37 am »

Hi Geoffrey

Pleas help
P$@%@

Hi P$@%@,

It doesn't change any thing in HR between the two firmware.
Please ensure a good contact and wet before wear it and check the battery is ok or not.
Beside, you also can get a training without belt to check is there any noise interference from environment.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

Hi Geoffrey,

you're the expert. But I wonder why I never have had these problems before updating. And: I always moisten the belt before running. Noise interference from environment can be ruled out. I use the same track as before - in the middle of nowhere. No high voltage or radio transmitters around.

Another question: I can't find the indoor mode in the watch settings - and as well the posting, where you've described it? Please give me a hint.

Best regards
Pete

calvin

• Regular Members
  • Ultra trail running, Orienteering
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 09:33:42 am »

About this request I recall this post:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1036.msg2611#msg2611

Also I think my sugestion about turning gps signal on/off/ask is more clean than the actual "indoor mode"

GH-625M with firmware F-GGH-2A-1001073
GS-Sport Training Gym v2.1
SportTracks v2.1.3478
QuickRoute v2.3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.625 seconds with 27 queries.