USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: reactions on firmware XII  (Read 36952 times)

calvin

• Regular Members
  • Ultra trail running, Orienteering
Re: reactions on firmware XII
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 06:21:15 pm »

in my case the new firmware causes a new (old) problem. Since I have updated the device I get problems with the heart rate, which are described in another thread. When I start to exercise, the watch shows beats up to 200 per minute. The rate decreases after a while, but there are considerable fluctuations further on. I never knew this problem before the update.

But I wonder why I never have had these problems before updating. And: I always moisten the belt before running. Noise interference from environment can be ruled out. I use the same track as before - in the middle of nowhere. No high voltage or radio transmitters around.

Same problem here. With firmware X no problem with HR. After update to firmware XII the HR jumps to 200bpm after a few minutes of moderately hard exercise.
Yes the belt is wet, well adjusted to chest, etc... I've been using HR belts/monitors for the last 12 years.

Will revert to firmware X to see if the problem "goes away"...
GH-625M with firmware F-GGH-2A-1001073
GS-Sport Training Gym v2.1
SportTracks v2.1.3478
QuickRoute v2.3

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 09:57:01 am »

in my case the new firmware causes a new (old) problem. Since I have updated the device I get problems with the heart rate, which are described in another thread. When I start to exercise, the watch shows beats up to 200 per minute. The rate decreases after a while, but there are considerable fluctuations further on. I never knew this problem before the update.

But I wonder why I never have had these problems before updating. And: I always moisten the belt before running. Noise interference from environment can be ruled out. I use the same track as before - in the middle of nowhere. No high voltage or radio transmitters around.

Same problem here. With firmware X no problem with HR. After update to firmware XII the HR jumps to 200bpm after a few minutes of moderately hard exercise.
Yes the belt is wet, well adjusted to chest, etc... I've been using HR belts/monitors for the last 12 years.

Will revert to firmware X to see if the problem "goes away"...

Hi Calvin,

Would you try to downgrade the firmware to try again?
On my side is no problem. Please let me know what you find.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey ???

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 10:01:01 am »

Hi Geoffrey

Pleas help
P$@%@

Hi P$@%@,

It doesn't change any thing in HR between the two firmware.
Please ensure a good contact and wet before wear it and check the battery is ok or not.
Beside, you also can get a training without belt to check is there any noise interference from environment.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

Hi Geoffrey,

you're the expert. But I wonder why I never have had these problems before updating. And: I always moisten the belt before running. Noise interference from environment can be ruled out. I use the same track as before - in the middle of nowhere. No high voltage or radio transmitters around.

Another question: I can't find the indoor mode in the watch settings - and as well the posting, where you've described it? Please give me a hint.

Best regards
Pete

Hi P$@%@,

It is really strange and confuse me.
Would you try the firmware X again?
Abour Indoor training, you may go to Configuration\User Setting\Data Recording\In-door to select In-door Training and then start timer.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey ;)

calvin

• Regular Members
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 12:43:14 pm »

Would you try to downgrade the firmware to try again?
On my side is no problem. Please let me know what you find.

I've downgraded to firmware X again.
Today the training will be an easy session, the HR will be around 130-140bpm. Tomorrow will have a hard session peeking 170-180bpm.
Will see how it turns out.

I'll post the results tomorrow night.

SportTracks v2.1.3478
QuickRoute v2.3

calvin

• Regular Members
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2010, 12:46:12 pm »

Abour Indoor training, you may go to Configuration\User Setting\Data Recording\In-door to select In-door Training and then start timer.

Geoffrey

I don't really understand what is Indoor mode different from "normal" mode.
Can you or anyone in the forum explain me please?

SportTracks v2.1.3478
QuickRoute v2.3

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 12:02:54 pm »

I don't really understand what is Indoor mode different from "normal" mode.
Can you or anyone in the forum explain me please?
Hi calvin,

the "normal" mode of GH-625 is based on GPS signals, that means everytime the SIRFIII chip provides
the x/y/z coordinates (maybe also the time - I'm not sure about this), the watch stores this set of
data after including the current heart rate. If there is no GPS signal - there was a problem !

After discussion this here in the forum, when several users found this problem during indoor training
on e.g. a tread mill, GlobalSat added the "indoor" mode, which doesn't need GPS signal any more.

(That's what I understood. I'm not a indoor runner, so I didn't test it !)

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

calvin

• Regular Members
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 06:23:45 pm »

the "normal" mode of GH-625 is based on GPS signals, that means everytime the SIRFIII chip provides
the x/y/z coordinates (maybe also the time - I'm not sure about this), the watch stores this set of
data after including the current heart rate. If there is no GPS signal - there was a problem !

After discussion this here in the forum, when several users found this problem during indoor training
on e.g. a tread mill, GlobalSat added the "indoor" mode, which doesn't need GPS signal any more.

Hi Hubert,
thanks for the explanation.

About the "indoor" mode: wouldn't it be easier to simply make the "normal" mode store data regardless of gps signal fix? This way the user doesn't have to worry about having to select the appropriate mode, just start the exercise!

In the current implementation what appends when you are running outside and you have to go through a tunnel? The device doesn't record any data ?
SportTracks v2.1.3478
QuickRoute v2.3

calvin

• Regular Members
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 06:41:31 pm »

Today the training will be an easy session, the HR will be around 130-140bpm. Tomorrow will have a hard session peeking 170-180bpm. I'll post the results tomorrow night.

Well, here are the results with firmware X:
yesterday easy running (130-140bpm), after 15 minutes the HR shoots to 190-200bpm!!! A couple of minutes later it comes back to normal until the end (1 hour).
At the end of the day I changed the battery of the HR band to a new battery CR2032

today intervals speed training (160-180bpm), after a couple of stints in 160-170bpm the HR shoots to 190-200bpm. Three stints later the HR comes down to a more normal 160-180bpm...

Now I upgraded again to firmware X II. More tests in the weekend.
SportTracks v2.1.3478
QuickRoute v2.3

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 04:46:46 am »

Hi Calvin,

In the current implementation what happens when you are running outside and you have to go through a tunnel? The device doesn't record any data ?
Of course: you are right ! I totally agree with you.
And I mentioned this problems some time ago. If you are interested, you may re-read the discussion
which starts somewhere here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=900.msg2393#msg2393

For my point of view the "Indoor" mode is a good solution for pure indoor training.
It doesn't solve problems caused by tunnels or something else during outdoor training.
And I'm afraid, if we don't insist on a solution, it will be forgotten...

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2010, 05:15:35 am »

Hi Hubert,
thanks for the explanation.

About the "indoor" mode: wouldn't it be easier to simply make the "normal" mode store data regardless of gps signal fix? This way the user doesn't have to worry about having to select the appropriate mode, just start the exercise!

In the current implementation what appends when you are running outside and you have to go through a tunnel? The device doesn't record any data ?

Hi Calvin,

If you go through tunnel, there will no data be record in normal mode.

If combine indoor training and normal mode together, there is a problem will occour:
if go through tunnel, no GPS, the coordination, speed will be blank, only HR; system will get confunsion if all training data are not coherent. That is why we separare into 2 cases.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 05:18:54 am »

Today the training will be an easy session, the HR will be around 130-140bpm. Tomorrow will have a hard session peeking 170-180bpm. I'll post the results tomorrow night.

Well, here are the results with firmware X:
yesterday easy running (130-140bpm), after 15 minutes the HR shoots to 190-200bpm!!! A couple of minutes later it comes back to normal until the end (1 hour).
At the end of the day I changed the battery of the HR band to a new battery CR2032

today intervals speed training (160-180bpm), after a couple of stints in 160-170bpm the HR shoots to 190-200bpm. Three stints later the HR comes down to a more normal 160-180bpm...

Now I upgraded again to firmware X II. More tests in the weekend.

Hi Calvin,

It seems firmware X also has this situation.
It will be better and more clear if you paste the picutre on topic.
Then we can try to find the root cause together.
Look forward to looking your next test result.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :D

alb

• Regular Members
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 06:46:38 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I have 2 problems.

1.)

For long hike's i have the power bank and the solar panel from solarmio.

Please see: http://www.solarmio.com/en/cata_solarduo.aspx?param_01=1

When i have the power bank connected to the GH-625M and it is loading the watch,
HRM monitoring was not okay.
When i disconnect the power bank from the watch, HRM monitoring is okay.
Same problem is when the watch is connected to my laptop.

What went wrong ?

2.)

Can you tell me, how you calculate calories.
I have a cross trainer and the calculated calories are near the half of the calculated calories of the GH-625m

Why this big difference?

Sorry for my bad english !

Regards, albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 09:36:21 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I have 2 problems.

1.)

For long hike's i have the power bank and the solar panel from solarmio.

Please see: http://www.solarmio.com/en/cata_solarduo.aspx?param_01=1

When i have the power bank connected to the GH-625M and it is loading the watch,
HRM monitoring was not okay.
When i disconnect the power bank from the watch, HRM monitoring is okay.
Same problem is when the watch is connected to my laptop.

What went wrong ?

2.)

Can you tell me, how you calculate calories.
I have a cross trainer and the calculated calories are near the half of the calculated calories of the GH-625m

Why this big difference?

Sorry for my bad english !

Regards, albert

Hello Albert,

Thanks for using our product.
For question1:
Because of when in charging will generate low frequency noise from power circuit and result into interfer HRM. That is why the HRM will unstable.

For question2:
I am wondering what model does your friend use?
We calculate calories with many parameters, likes:
- Age, weight
- HRM
- Asceeding speed, BMR

As I know, the HRM trianing watch without GPS uses HRM only to estimate calories.

Hope it is clear for you.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

nexuspolaris

• Regular Members
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 07:21:18 am »

Hello everyone, I installed the new firmware on my GH-625 and the first odd thing I noticed is that HRM exhibit on display of random values that start at 120bpm and ranging up to 200bpm and stop this without even having worn the HR belt ... and that no actual measurement of heart beats.

The same thing happens to someone else? I would agree to downgrade to version X if the HRM does not work?

Who can explain the function and pace1k peace? Thank you.

Nexuspolaris

nexuspolaris

• Regular Members
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 07:35:19 am »

Updated: yesterday I tried the new firmware running for 10km and the data reported on the HRM was perfect, no wrong value out of range.

I believe that the problems were due to the proximity of the GH-625m to my laptop with WiFi connection active.

In the coming days I will do more tests.

Giuseppe

Hello everyone, I installed the new firmware on my GH-625 and the first odd thing I noticed is that HRM exhibit on display of random values that start at 120bpm and ranging up to 200bpm and stop this without even having worn the HR belt ... and that no actual measurement of heart beats.

The same thing happens to someone else? I would agree to downgrade to version X if the HRM does not work?

Who can explain the function and pace1k peace? Thank you.

Nexuspolaris
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 19 queries.