USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power bank PCU-2A2 for instant charing of protable devices  (Read 3032 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Power bank PCU-2A2 for instant charing of protable devices
« on: January 10, 2010, 07:05:31 am »

Dear customers,  :D

PCU-2A2 is instant charger on the go for portable device like mobile phone, smartphone, MP3, PMP, PND, GPS, DV, game device, etc. As well as easily found AA alkaline battery for input replacement.
You can use it to extend the battery life of your training device as well. Please feel free to provide your ideas in here, we will highly appreciate for your kind support.  :)

About more information, please look here.http://www.gs-sport.com/products.php?en_product_id=4
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:12:53 am by TWG_TECH4 »

albert

• I believe in this product
Re: Power bank PCU-2A2 for instant charing of protable devices
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 07:42:43 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

Thanks for providing me with this nice tool. :D

I did receive to day the power bank; it looks very professional in the packing.
The instructions are good, of course this is not a difficult device.
I immediately tried it and it feels good, it also works good.
I like the blue led flashing if you put in the batteries and close the lid.
The lid is a special design, I like this very much, and in this case it is not possible to do the batteries in wrongly without force.
I did load the GH625 with the batteries delivered with the package; of course did it work fine.
I tried NiMH and also they work, only the GH625 came to complete recharging but the power bank continued flashing. This is of course not a problem the watch has a screen, but with other devices maybe you not sure if it finished loading. This did happen with the NiMH. Did not try yet with the normal batteries.
The casing is from hard plastic, so I don't know how well it can take mechanical force E.g.  Falling on the ground. Because I like to take it with me on the bike and reload the battery during the training if it takes more then 6 hours. At this moment I donít like to test how strong it is.  ;)

It is nice small, so it is ideal to take with you on a journey with not much storage place.
It is very useful for me that is for sure, it will be a partner with all my cycle holidayís thanks again. :)     

Best regards,

Albert 

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:37:28 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

Thanks for providing me with this nice tool. :D

I did receive to day the power bank; it looks very professional in the packing.
The instructions are good, of course this is not a difficult device.
I immediately tried it and it feels good, it also works good.
I like the blue led flashing if you put in the batteries and close the lid.
The lid is a special design, I like this very much, and in this case it is not possible to do the batteries in wrongly without force.
I did load the GH625 with the batteries delivered with the package; of course did it work fine.
I tried NiMH and also they work, only the GH625 came to complete recharging but the power bank continued flashing. This is of course not a problem the watch has a screen, but with other devices maybe you not sure if it finished loading. This did happen with the NiMH. Did not try yet with the normal batteries.
The casing is from hard plastic, so I don't know how well it can take mechanical force E.g.  Falling on the ground. Because I like to take it with me on the bike and reload the battery during the training if it takes more then 6 hours. At this moment I donít like to test how strong it is.  ;)

It is nice small, so it is ideal to take with you on a journey with not much storage place.
It is very useful for me that is for sure, it will be a partner with all my cycle holidayís thanks again. :)     

Best regards,

Albert 

Hello Albert,

It glad that you like it.
It is strong and rigid design and already pass in drop test.  ;D You can enjoy your tour.
Keep flashing perhpas cause from NiMH battery is at low voltage to casue this situation.
If you are satisfy our product, please introduce your friends to purchase it.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Phil

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 01:22:32 pm »

Hi,

I received the power bank last Friday and I took some time to trying it.

First of all I liked the design in shiny white plastic, it seems really solid and well finished. (Looks like a laptop power adapter from Apple).

It worked great with both my Keymaze and GH-561, as well as with an helmet camera and rechargeable MP3 player. However it didn't work with my cell phone, but I'm not surprised, because even to charge it in the PC it needs to install a driver.

It's "inteligent", you don't have to press any buttons or switches, it starts charging automatically, and a blue light blinks meanwhile the charging process, and shuts down some seconds after the cable is disconnected.

Like albert said, it didn't shut down when the charging of the GPS was completed, but I think that's because the GPS keeps drawing some current even when the charging is complete and the power bank only shuts down when there's no drawn current.

In fact, I did some measurements and I noticed that the output current drops by half with the Keymaze when the charging is complete, but it remains the same with GH-561.

I also noticed some problems with NiMH batteries being shorter and sometimes they don't connect, but that's easily solved by lifting a little bit the metal contacts with a screwdriver. (This only happens with cheapo batteries from ebay that are a bit shorter. I have other higher grade NiMH's that are regular size, so the problem are the batteries, not the charger).

Overall, I think it's a great complement not only to the Globalsat GPS's but also to any outdoorsy electronic device that supports charging via USB.
I'll be keeping it on my backpack and I'm sure I will use it during my mountain bike trips.

Regards,
Phil

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:21:28 am »

Hi,

I received the power bank last Friday and I took some time to trying it.

First of all I liked the design in shiny white plastic, it seems really solid and well finished. (Looks like a laptop power adapter from Apple).

It worked great with both my Keymaze and GH-561, as well as with an helmet camera and rechargeable MP3 player. However it didn't work with my cell phone, but I'm not surprised, because even to charge it in the PC it needs to install a driver.

It's "inteligent", you don't have to press any buttons or switches, it starts charging automatically, and a blue light blinks meanwhile the charging process, and shuts down some seconds after the cable is disconnected.

Like albert said, it didn't shut down when the charging of the GPS was completed, but I think that's because the GPS keeps drawing some current even when the charging is complete and the power bank only shuts down when there's no drawn current.

In fact, I did some measurements and I noticed that the output current drops by half with the Keymaze when the charging is complete, but it remains the same with GH-561.

I also noticed some problems with NiMH batteries being shorter and sometimes they don't connect, but that's easily solved by lifting a little bit the metal contacts with a screwdriver. (This only happens with cheapo batteries from ebay that are a bit shorter. I have other higher grade NiMH's that are regular size, so the problem are the batteries, not the charger).

Overall, I think it's a great complement not only to the Globalsat GPS's but also to any outdoorsy electronic device that supports charging via USB.
I'll be keeping it on my backpack and I'm sure I will use it during my mountain bike trips.

Regards,
Phil

Hi Phil,

It is glad that you like it!
Yes, the LED is blinking because device still draw current from power bank when KeyMaze in operation.
GH-561 will start using battery power when in fully charge, that is why the LED won't blink.

Please don't heasitate to let me know if you have any suggestion, or ask your firend purchase it.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:59 am »

Hello every one,

I tried the power-bank and it is robust, thus the work good.
What I would like to see is more than 2 battery's, so you can put in rechargeable battery. to get the same power. Another one is the possibility to charge them in the chase.

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 19 queries.