USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS receivers compatibility with iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad  (Read 12945 times)

USG_TECH9

• Administrator
    • USGlobalSat

Unfortunately, our GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS receivers are not compatible with iOS devices (iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad) because Apple “locks” their products to have end users only purchase Apple certified accessories. Even though the iOS devices (iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad) support the Serial Port Profile (SPP), our bluetooth receivers are not allowed to communicate with them.

If you're interested in a external GPS for your iOS device that is fully compatible, please visit www.bad-elf.com

Thanks

-Jesse
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:53:19 am by USG_TECH9 »

USG_TECH9

• Administrator
    • USGlobalSat

Found this app to unlock Bluetooth Stack on iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad
It supports the following operating system: OS3.x and iOS4
(Note the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad has to be Jailbroken)

http://www.roqy-bluetooth.net/wp/
Welcome!
You want to connect your iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad to a GPS bluetooth device, but it does not work? Apple does not provide this functionality by default, roqyBluetooth will help you!

What is roqyBluetooth?

roqyBluetooth (aka roqyBT) is a complete bluetooth stack which is taking the control of the bluetooth chip in your device over the official bluetooth. You can keep your official bluetooth off, roqyBluetooth works in parallel! roqy team provides all the software components (roqyGPS) to connect your iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad to a Bluetooth GPS receiver and benefit from any navigation software!

roqyBluetooth is available on Cydia package managers for jailbroken devices (ModMyI sources). There is now 2 versions of roqyBT:

roqyBT package for OS3.x users (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)

roqyBT4 package for iOS4 users (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad). This new version brings compatibility with Apple bluetooth interface. This means that you can use your GPS at the same time with your bluetooth audio car system for example. RoqyBT4 app does not block other bluetooth connections as the first version did.

Main page

Select your GPS

Watch raw data from your GPS

And then use any GPS application!

Have fun!

-Jesse
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:29:54 pm by USG_TECH9 »

Biffsbiz

Unfortunately, our GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS receivers are not compatible with iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad because Apple “locks” their products to have end users only purchase Apple certified accessories. Even though the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad support the Serial Port Profile (SPP), our bluetooth receivers are not allowed to communicate with them.

Thanks

-Jesse

GlobalSat may want to try working with Apple, they have recently allowed another GPS hardware provider to connect with the iOS system.  I'd sure like to use my GlobalSat GPS receiver with my iPad rather than purchase another vendor's product.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator

GlobalSat may want to try working with Apple, they have recently allowed another GPS hardware provider to connect with the iOS system.  I'd sure like to use my GlobalSat GPS receiver with my iPad rather than purchase another vendor's product.

Hello Biffsbiz,

We have tried contacting Apple about this to see if we can make our GPS Receivers work directly with their products. However, they did not comply with our request. That is why we recommend a third-party application to be able to connect our devices with theirs.

Feel free to contact us if you have any inquiries. Thanks.

canadien

There is also BT stack GPS on cydia. Just bought BT359C for my ipod touch and I am not sure which to buy.

Is there someone here that tried both app?

Brett31

Unfortunately, our GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS receivers are not compatible with  Touch/iPhone/iPad because Apple “locks” their products to have end users only purchase Apple certified accessories. Even though the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad support the Serial Port Profile (SPP), our bluetooth receivers are not allowed to communicate with them.

Thanks

-Jesse

I also see this , may be its really good.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:49:48 pm by USG_TECH9 »

canadien

Re: GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS receivers compatibility with iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 11:23:54 am »

There is also BT stack GPS on cydia. Just bought BT359C for my ipod touch and I am not sure which to buy.

Is there someone here that tried both app?
Using BT satck for while now and no problem to signal so far...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:56:16 am by canadien »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 19 queries.