USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win7 and BT-308  (Read 2468 times)

u812

• Regular Members
Win7 and BT-308
« on: March 03, 2010, 04:21:34 pm »

Anyone have any success getting BT-308 configured with windows7?
Been fooling with half the day but no luck.
Also does anyone know if it will work with Microsoft Streets and Trips?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Win7 and BT-308
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 05:41:42 pm »

Below are instructions on how to get your receiver to work with Microsoft Streets and Trips:

1. Delete the Bluetooth pairing on your computer, turn off your Bluetooth GPS Receiver, and restart your computer.

2. Create a brand new pairing and keep note of the outgoing comport.

3. Disable anti virus programs and firewalls that might be active on your computer.

4. Visit this web page and download the XPORT program from it, http://curioustech.home.insightbb.com/xport.html

Once you finished installing the said program, it will give you the option to select the current comport you are using with the Bluetooth pairing. After selecting the comport on the bottom, it will provide you an option to choose another comport number.

Once you're done, just click on enable ports and your Bluetooth GPS Receiver should start blinking quickly.

5. Now, run the Microsoft Streets and Trips program and configure the comport with the same comport used in step 4.

6. Start GPS tracking.

Let me know how it goes.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:01:00 pm by USG_TECH10 »

u812

• Regular Members
Re: Win7 and BT-308
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:15:37 am »

Below are instructions on how to get your receiver to work with Microsoft Streets and Trips:

1. Delete the Bluetooth pairing on your computer, turn off your Bluetooth GPS Receiver, and restart your computer.

2. Create a brand new pairing and keep note of the outgoing comport.

3. Disable anti virus programs and firewalls that might be active on your computer.

4. Visit this web page and download the XPORT program from it, http://curioustech.home.insightbb.com/xport.html.

Once you finished installing the said program, it will give you the option to select the current comport you are using with the Bluetooth pairing. After selecting the comport on the bottom, it will provide you an option to choose another comport number.

Once you're done, just click on enable ports and your Bluetooth GPS Receiver should start blinking quickly.

5. Now, run the Microsoft Streets and Trips program and configure the comport with the same comport used in step 4.

6. Start GPS tracking.

Let me know how it goes.

Well thx for the help I spending too  much time on this one to get it to work.
I can't get through devicepairingwizard, win7 sees the device under name user-pc-0090 but will not pair it. I tried adding it manually to the network but could not get it to work either.

I will bite the bullet and buy a compatible device.
I used to have this device paired with a pocket pc and it worked fine on it.
I get frustrated with win7, winxp still better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 19 queries.