USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-505 features  (Read 19019 times)

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
GH-505 compatibilities
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 07:11:43 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I have some questions about "GH-505 compatibilities" :

* GS Sport Gym:
   I'm afraid, that GH-505 will not be compatible with the current GS Sport Gym version, used for GH-625.
   Is this correct ? If yes, there are two more questions:
   - Is it possible to run two different versions of GS Gym on one computer ? Isn't there any conflict in database
     and or services ?
   - Is there any possibility or suggested procedure to use the two models (GH-625 and GH-505) with one
      software, like export/import or something else ?

* Sport Tracks:
   Does the GH-625 plugin also support the GH-505 ?  I'm afraid not.
   Is there already a new one available ?

* Charging:
   Can the charging equipment (Power connector, USB cable) belonging to the GH-625 also be used for GH-505 ?
   What about the Power Bank PCU-2A2 ? Can it be used with GH-505 ?

Thank you and best regards,

Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: GH-505 features
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 09:01:16 am »

Hi Hubert,

* GS Sport Gym:
   I'm afraid, that GH-505 will not be compatible with the current GS Sport Gym version, used for GH-625.
   - Is it possible to run two different versions of GS Gym on one computer ? Isn't there any conflict in database
     and or services ?
   - Is there any possibility or suggested procedure to use the two models (GH-625 and GH-505) with one
We manage to use Training Gym Pro intead of TG. So next plan is to integrate GH-625 into Taining Gym Pro.
Training Gym Pro is smallest and easy to management and smallest. Right now the two software supports ACT file.

* Sport Tracks:
   Does the GH-625 plugin also support the GH-505 ?  I'm afraid not.
   Is there already a new one available ?
No, it doesn't support. But SportTracks promised to integrate soon.

* Charging:
   Can the charging equipment (Power connector, USB cable) belonging to the GH-625 also be used for GH-505 ?
   What about the Power Bank PCU-2A2 ? Can it be used with GH-505 ?
GH-505 uses its particular USB clip and for sure Power Bank supports GH-505.

We also plan to make PBU-2A2 which bi-directional chrage/ discharge device.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey ;)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 09:03:43 am »

However - I just want to ask you to be careful, if you think of removing those filters and plausibility checks.
Please remember, that there were important reasons to develop those mechanisms and I'm afraid, when you
remove them, we will initiate all the old problems again !

Geoffrey,
Hubert is right, please be careful before removing filters and plausibility checks, they were put into the code for a good reason! The best way to solve the problem would be to raise the 200 bpm limit to 210 or 220 and leave the rest of the code unchanged if this is possible!?

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas, Hubert,

GH-505 should not have the restriction of 200bpm. I will ask engineer to remove from GH-625. I think our engineer want to protect the peak happens so to setup the restriction.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 09:07:36 am »

The best way to solve the problem would be to raise the 200 bpm limit to 210 or 220 and leave the rest of the code unchanged if this is possible!?
I think, this is a good idea !  Maybe, we can add one more: I suggest to set the limit used for filtering of unreasonable
heart rate values to a fixed (or percentage) value of the HFmax value entered by the user.
For example: HFmax entered by user is 175. So allow e.g. 20 more, which will result in a limit of 195.
For those "high raters" this would look like: HFmax entered as 215. Allow 20 more. Leads to 235.
(maybe a percentage is the better way. But fixed value was easier to explain...)

Of course, this idea implements, that we will be able to enter a HFmax value  ;D
(But this has been asked for for several times up to now...)

Regards, Hubert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 09:11:00 am »

The best way to solve the problem would be to raise the 200 bpm limit to 210 or 220 and leave the rest of the code unchanged if this is possible!?
I think, this is a good idea !  Maybe, we can add one more: I suggest to set the limit used for filtering of unreasonable
heart rate values to a fixed (or percentage) value of the HFmax value entered by the user.
For example: HFmax entered by user is 175. So allow e.g. 20 more, which will result in a limit of 195.
For those "high raters" this would look like: HFmax entered as 215. Allow 20 more. Leads to 235.
(maybe a percentage is the better way. But fixed value was easier to explain...)

Of course, this idea implements, that we will be able to enter a HFmax value  ;D
(But this has been asked for for several times up to now...)

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

We did the implementation of step filter before, but many unexcepted error happen.... :-\ Likes when belt was getting loose, and HR raise from 100--> 140bpm; then the contact is getting better. The information always be keep as 100bpm!

HFmax value will be implemented after sample be sent out, don't worry. ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 09:13:32 am »

Ver.1.14 later will limit the Max HR as 200bom in order to against peak noise.

Sincerely,Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey !

Ver. 1.14 ?   ???  What are you talking about ?

When we now re-start the discussion about heart rate monitoring, I understand those users very well,
who have a max. heart rate of more than 200 and I still agree to my own posting, which I wrote nearly
one year ago:
I don't want to have a manipulated, smooth looking HR curve. This is not the goal !
I want to see my heart rate values ! And when the pulse rises suddenly, I want to see that !
I don't want it to be filtered (or smoothened).
And of course this also applies to values of more than 200.

However - I just want to ask you to be careful, if you think of removing those filters and plausibility checks.
Please remember, that there were important reasons to develop those mechanisms and I'm afraid, when you
remove them, we will initiate all the old problems again !

Maybe for the GH-505 it will be possible to do HRM without filtering because of a changed technique.
I do not know up to now...

But for the GH-625 I'm really not sure, if it's a good idea to change anything with HRM.

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Ver1.14 is firmware X. We added the restriction as 200 bpm as highest filter in order to remove out the peak noise.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

jerrycan

• Regular Members
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 01:09:55 pm »

The Sporttracks admin seems to be waiting to receive a product sample and integrate with the new watches, so I hope you have a package sent to him also ASAP.  ;)
http://zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=7694

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 10:42:36 am »

The Sporttracks admin seems to be waiting to receive a product sample and integrate with the new watches, so I hope you have a package sent to him also ASAP.  ;)
http://zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=7694

Hi Jerrycan,

We have arrange one and will be sent out once the receiving information be confirmed.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 03:03:18 pm »

Hi Hubert,

* GS Sport Gym:
     and or services ?
We manage to use Training Gym Pro intead of TG. So next plan is to integrate GH-625 into Taining Gym Pro.
Training Gym Pro is smallest and easy to management and smallest. Right now the two software supports ACT file.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey ;)
Hi Geoffrey,

thank you for answering, but there is still one open question:
   - Is it possible to run two different versions of GS Gym on one computer ?
     Isn't there any conflict in database and or services ?

As long as GH-625 and GH-505 cannot be connected to the same software,
I will have to install GS Gym and GS Gym Pro together ! Isn't that a problem ?

Regards, Hubert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 10:13:10 am »

Hi Hubert,

* GS Sport Gym:
     and or services ?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey ;)
Hi Geoffrey,

thank you for answering, but there is still one open question:
   - Is it possible to run two different versions of GS Gym on one computer ?
     Isn't there any conflict in database and or services ?

As long as GH-625 and GH-505 cannot be connected to the same software,
I will have to install GS Gym and GS Gym Pro together ! Isn't that a problem ?

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Don't worry! It will never have problem!
Even I installed Training Gym, Gym Pro, Travel Manager, never have problem.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :D

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 11:26:51 am »

Hi Hubert,

Don't worry! It will never have problem!
Even I installed Training Gym, Gym Pro, Travel Manager, never have problem.

Sincerely,Geoffrey :D
Ok Geoffrey - that's fine ! Thank you for your information !

Regards, Hubert

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 04:20:22 pm »

Hello,

I'm not sure, if 220 USD is a very competitive price  ::)
Calculated with current USD/Euro exchange rate it would be about 165 Euro.
And this is 10 Euro more than an average FR 305 price in Germany ( I didn't look for the cheapest...)
I have some doubts, if this price is competitive enough  :'(

Regards, Hubert

Personally I would not compare both models: chipset reasonwise. For instance, FR 305 take some time to connect to satellite where gh-625 will be faster. A feature you can't dismiss. There is other feature as well. I would never change my GH-625 against a garmin 305. A more reasonable comparaison can be done between the GH-505 and the garmin 310xt altought. This garmin triathlon watch is listed about 380$ CAN. From that point, one can list strength and weakness of each watch : what are you getting for your money. And I do think Globalsat will come strong with its GH-505.

This is a copied discussion from another thread, and I think, we should share this with other users here and it would be nice, when some more users give some feedback about this...

Personally I would not compare both models: chipset reasonwise. For instance, FR 305 take some time to connect to satellite where gh-625 will be faster.
Please correct my, but I always thought, that all these models (FR 305 /310XT and GH-625,
GH-505) using the same SiRT StarIII chipset ? Am I wrong ? There should be no differnce !

A more reasonable comparaison can be done between the GH-505 and the garmin 310xt altought.
Yes - I agree. Functionality is more identical. But this is only true, when you look at the
multi sport functions (like water proof and bike cadence) and tri-athlets functions.
Then you are right. But as I said before:
I mainly talk about runners in Germany. It may be different for bikers, tri-athlets
and/or in other countries.

However - I agree, that we should compare the GH-505 more with the Garmin 310XT and this
also in Germany is much more expensive. If if we consider this, then GH-505 has a really good
price.
But I still think, a pure runner will not need water proof (50m) and no bike cadence.
He wants to have a virtual trainer and a interval training feature. And when you compare this
functions, Garmin 305 offers more for a similare price than GH 505.

Regards, Hubert

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2010, 12:51:22 pm »

How is the size 305/405/310 compared to gh-505. Alot of people think the old ones are bulky especially the womens. I don't know how the 505 look compared to the other ones. I read your review Hubert but it hard to say how the size "feels". I want pictures :)

For me battery life is important and here 310XT seem to win, but it is also important how easy is to charge and use it at the same time. Here my gh615 wins. the USB clip sound "flakey" but maybe it works. As for storage gh615/gh625 has alot of memory I think much more then 305 bit it seem to have a smart mode that seem to work quite good.

For most runners virtual partner and intervals should be important I don't know how they compare (I will read your thread about it soon Hubert).

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2010, 02:08:02 pm »

Please correct my, but I always thought, that all these models (FR 305 /310XT and GH-625,
GH-505) using the same SiRT StarIII chipset ? Am I wrong ? There should be no differnce !

My guess it that 310/gh505 use a low power version of the SiRT StarIII where 310 kept the batttery size compared to 305 but the gh505 went for a smaller footprint. Back in the day's when I got my gh615 there was some discussion that the gh615 was a little better on startups compared to Garmin, don't know if it's true as I have never compared it.

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 06:20:59 am »

How is the size 305/405/310 compared to gh-505. Alot of people think the old ones are bulky especially the womens.
Before I bought my GH-625 I also thought, that watches like 305 or 625 are looking bulky and I therefore I first wanted to buy a 405.

But now I'm happy that I did not. In the meantime I know, that a 405 is just good looking. Not more.
It is too expensive. It has less functions than 625 or 505. I don't want to have the touch ring panel (how is that called ??) handling.
And it is too small !
In the meantime I know, when you want to see a couple of information, it needs a big display.
Maybe it also needs (inside) space for a long life battery and a good GPS receiving antenna.
And if for this reasons a watch will be bulky... then it's okay for me.

I never had the idea to wear a sport watch, when I go out for visiting the opera or something like that.

Regards, Hubert
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 21 queries.