USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removed Supercap in BU-353 and all is good  (Read 1120 times)

tdbone1

• Regular Members
Removed Supercap in BU-353 and all is good
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:36:42 pm »

I removed supercap and now have an updated firmware from tech support.
(thanks tech support) as they are very fast and actually are good.

my question is:
after i have a 3d fix and the gps has been active for an hour or two and i have lots of positions taken and all are 100% in the "Navigation View" i then select "Poll Almanac" and "Poll Ephemeris" in the Sirfdemo main menu.

now if i disconnect my BU-353 from the usb port or if i select "Factory Reset" can i then start sirfdemo and select "Action Set Almanac" and "Action Set Ephemerics" and i then should be able to have instant gps fix?

im not sure about these features.

remember i dont have battery back up to ram to save my settings as i took out the supercap so now what i would like to be able to do is load or acquire a gps fix as fast as possible so please let me know the best way to do this.

thanks

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Removed Supercap in BU-353 and all is good
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:26:47 pm »

Unfortunately, we are not that familiar with the other features of the SiRFDemo program. You can possibly take a look at its User Manual, for more info, here: (http://www.falcom.de/uploads/media/Manual_SiRFDemo3.87.pdf). Also, keep in mind not to click on anything else in this software, as you can render your device unusable.

Another thing, perhaps, the device was defective from the beginning since you're having some issues with it. Now, that the supercap is removed, it's going to take awhile to acquire a GPS fix because it's going through the Cold Start process everytime as stated here: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1187.msg13224#msg13224). So, it seems the device is not fully functional anymore, and other than that, we are unable to provide further support. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 19 queries.