USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware-Requests  (Read 6490 times)

zingo

• zingo.org
Re: Firmware-Requests
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 02:04:04 pm »

I did a 24h run this weekend on a 400m track and have 2 new firmware ideas, if possible I like them backported to gh625 but I understand if they dont show up there. But I'm not going to doublepost in the gh625 firmware-thread. (Maybe this is allready possible on gh505)

1. "AutoAddDistGPSOff" A request for indoor/arena training, when GPS is OFF like in Indoor mode or by selecting it off. And you press the LAP button, add the defined "AUTO LAP TRIGGER DISTANCE" distance to the distance.
Rationale: In my case I didn't realy need GPS so I turned it off to get longer battery, bit it would be nice if the distance was added for every LAP button press, thne I would get a fairly good "lap average" and average pace info from the watch.

2. "AutoGPSLap" When watch is started the starting GPS points is saved, if I come close to it (like 10-20m) an autolap is triggered. If LAP button is pressed during training replace the GPS coordinated to currnet position.
Rationale: A lot of training and races are on a route where you go in a loop for a few laps then you don't need to be prepared to press the LAP button, setting the Auto LAP distance will sometimes not work as the GPS error will make it drift or you don't know the LAP-size in advance. In my race it would have save me from doing 362 LAP button presses. (A frind that used Garmin305 showed this to me) Extra Press on LAP button is needed as some races have some startdistance you run before the "loop" too get a defined distance in the race. In my case the first lap was about 195 meter before the loop too get an even Marathon figure in the loop later.

christophe

• Regular Members
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 06:42:28 am »

Hello,

I'll be using the GH-505 for kitesurfing racing and training. Since it is one of the very few GPS watch that offers waterproofing to more than just IPX7, i think it is the perfect tool for all water sports and sailing.

i would be interested in 2 firmware additions:
- posibility to display the compass heading in degrees on the custom screen (so i can define a screen with heading and speed)
- average speed over the last N seconds (N user defined, from 1 to 60s)

Thanks

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 03:09:04 am »

Hello,

I'll be using the GH-505 for kitesurfing racing and training. Since it is one of the very few GPS watch that offers waterproofing to more than just IPX7, i think it is the perfect tool for all water sports and sailing.

i would be interested in 2 firmware additions:
- posibility to display the compass heading in degrees on the custom screen (so i can define a screen with heading and speed)
- average speed over the last N seconds (N user defined, from 1 to 60s)

Thanks

Dear customer,

Thanks for suggestion and using our product.
To add heading into custom page is no problem. But it is not clear for me about " average speed over the last N seconds".

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 06:21:26 am »

But it is not clear for me about " average speed over the last N seconds".

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,
what Christophe is meaning is, to be able to select the time in seconds manually over which the average speed is calculated.
For example: At the moment Pace is calculated over the last 180 seconds. Christope is meaning 1/pace and be able to adjust the 180 seconds more or less.

Christophe in which range of seconds would you like to select the time? And how fast are you, when you are kitesurfing?
At runningspeeds the 180 seconds have been sucessful approved. For higher speeds I think there will be less seconds possible for calculating a, average with enough small error.

Sincerely

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 08:46:18 pm »

But it is not clear for me about " average speed over the last N seconds".

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,
what Christophe is meaning is, to be able to select the time in seconds manually over which the average speed is calculated.
For example: At the moment Pace is calculated over the last 180 seconds. Christope is meaning 1/pace and be able to adjust the 180 seconds more or less.

Christophe in which range of seconds would you like to select the time? And how fast are you, when you are kitesurfing?
At runningspeeds the 180 seconds have been sucessful approved. For higher speeds I think there will be less seconds possible for calculating a, average with enough small error.

Sincerely

Longjog

Hi Longjog,

Thanks for explanation. It is possible to achieve speed N setting, but the adaptive setting will become complicated and need more consideration, especially in complicated terrain.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

christophe

• Regular Members
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 04:15:45 am »

Hello

thanks for the feedback.
I guess typical kiting speed would be 20-30 kts, higher for speed runs, with the speed world record currently 55.65 kts.
Speed runs are measured over distance, not time.

The idea for setting the average speed time is to get good estimate of your speed run while riding:
Say you want to measure speed on a 500m run: you set the average speed to be calculated over 28 sec (which is about how long it takes to sail 500m at 35kts). I think a good range could be 5-120 sec (100m runs to 1 mile runs)

You still need to compute the exact average speed over 500m later on the computer (there are available software to do that), but that gives you a good indication while riding on the water.

Also, it seems that the GH505 speed is already averaged over several seconds: when riding my bike with it and stopping at a traffic light, it takes several seconds for the speed indication to go down to (almost) 0. Can that be changed with the current firmware? How many seconds does it use now?

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 06:35:39 am »

Hello

thanks for the feedback.
I guess typical kiting speed would be 20-30 kts, higher for speed runs, with the speed world record currently 55.65 kts.
Speed runs are measured over distance, not time.

The idea for setting the average speed time is to get good estimate of your speed run while riding:
Say you want to measure speed on a 500m run: you set the average speed to be calculated over 28 sec (which is about how long it takes to sail 500m at 35kts). I think a good range could be 5-120 sec (100m runs to 1 mile runs)

You still need to compute the exact average speed over 500m later on the computer (there are available software to do that), but that gives you a good indication while riding on the water.

Also, it seems that the GH505 speed is already averaged over several seconds: when riding my bike with it and stopping at a traffic light, it takes several seconds for the speed indication to go down to (almost) 0. Can that be changed with the current firmware? How many seconds does it use now?

Dear christophe,

Sorry for my late response.
We take 8 sec to calculate speed. For average speed, we come out it base on (total distance)/(total time).
Do you mean base 500m to come out instant average speed on kiting? And then rolling the next 500m to come out next or shift x m with 500m interval to come out the next?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 10:20:10 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I would like to know, what you think about the future of GH-505 ?!

As far as I understood, GH-505 has been stopped because of some problems with GPS receiver
and/or display. And I know, that you are working on new models like GH-625XT and GH-595.
Are there any plans to re-activate the GH-505 ?

The reason for asking this is to get a feeling, if the small group of GH-505 users can expect
any updated firmware versions ?  Or will you stop development for GH-505 completely ?
Or will it be possible to use new firmware of GH-595 also for old GH-505 models ?

What are your plans for GH-505 ?

Thank you and best regards,
Hubert
P.S.: Oh, btw.: I wish you and your team all the best for the new (chinese) year !
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 11:37:13 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I would like to know, what you think about the future of GH-505 ?!

As far as I understood, GH-505 has been stopped because of some problems with GPS receiver
and/or display. And I know, that you are working on new models like GH-625XT and GH-595.
Are there any plans to re-activate the GH-505 ?

The reason for asking this is to get a feeling, if the small group of GH-505 users can expect
any updated firmware versions ?  Or will you stop development for GH-505 completely ?
Or will it be possible to use new firmware of GH-595 also for old GH-505 models ?

What are your plans for GH-505 ?

Thank you and best regards,
Hubert
P.S.: Oh, btw.: I wish you and your team all the best for the new (chinese) year !

Hi Hibert,

Thanks for the best wish!
I am still enjoying in Chinese New Year Vacation and playing computer now while my children are sleeping.
We will keep servicing on GH-505, so we released new PC Software few day ago. We return back the LCD to supplier and unfortunately, they stop production and changed to colorful. So we are in bad situation. For sure, I still have hundreds GH-505 on hand and welcome for testing. ;)

We will replant the firmare spirit of GH-505 to GH-595 and furthur watch products, also with more features.
One information to you, GB-580 either to be a cycling computer and also to be a wrist device. :D We will offer a magical fabric bend.  8)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 06:46:22 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

We will replant the firmare spirit of GH-505 to GH-595 and furthur watch products, also with more features.

Sincerely,Geoffrey
Okay, thats good to hear, because I like the GH-505 functions.  But my questions was:
If you replant the GH-505 firmware to the new GH-595 and add also more features (like interval training
for example), will this new firmware also be available for GH-505 ? 
Will the two models (505 and 595) be compatible like 615 and 625 ?

Regards, Hubert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 09:42:31 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

Sincerely,Geoffrey
Okay, thats good to hear, because I like the GH-505 functions.  But my questions was:
If you replant the GH-505 firmware to the new GH-595 and add also more features (like interval training
for example), will this new firmware also be available for GH-505 ? 
Will the two models (505 and 595) be compatible like 615 and 625 ?

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

No, they are not compatible. GH-595 only has four buttons, so the operation scenario should has something different.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 03:06:51 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

GH-505 firmware is going natural and we are development the coming products upon the spirit of GH-505 firmware.
Rigth now our supervisor decided to want more partners to get involved to provide more ideas.
I appreciate this idea ! 

And I have one suggestion or wish:
When GH-505 firmware will be the base for coming products and we will have more testers soon,
I think it would be a good idea to add also those features into GH-505 firmware, which are only
available for GH-625 in this moment. I think especially of "Interval training" and "Lap by point".
I'm sure both features should be available for future models, and if you include it to GH-505,
we have the chance to test the complete set of features.

Regards, Hubert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 03:39:12 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

GH-505 firmware is going natural and we are development the coming products upon the spirit of GH-505 firmware.
Rigth now our supervisor decided to want more partners to get involved to provide more ideas.
I appreciate this idea ! 

And I have one suggestion or wish:
When GH-505 firmware will be the base for coming products and we will have more testers soon,
I think it would be a good idea to add also those features into GH-505 firmware, which are only
available for GH-625 in this moment. I think especially of "Interval training" and "Lap by point".
I'm sure both features should be available for future models, and if you include it to GH-505,
we have the chance to test the complete set of features.

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Due to GH-505 sers base is not as many as GH-625, so we decided GH-625.
That is why we recuit more testes to get involved.
How do you think?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 06:38:02 am »

Hi Geoffrey,
Due to GH-505 users base is not as many as GH-625, so we decided GH-625.
How do you think?

Sincerely, Geoffrey
I understand why you selected 625 for new features. And I understand why you recruit more
testers for 505. Both is okay.
But I think, when the GH-505 firmware should be the base for future models, than it should
have all features available (including "Interval training" and "Lap by point").
Otherwise you will get only uncomplete feedbacks. As I said before: each of the model
has advantages and disadvantages.
If you want to have feedback for future development, the firmware should contain everything
you have. This won't be possible for 625 - but I think it could be possible for 505.
And I don't believe that it will cause too big efforts to move some already existing functions
from 625 to 505.

Regards, Hubert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 10:13:33 am »

Hi Geoffrey,
Due to GH-505 users base is not as many as GH-625, so we decided GH-625.
How do you think?

Sincerely, Geoffrey
I understand why you selected 625 for new features. And I understand why you recruit more
testers for 505. Both is okay.
But I think, when the GH-505 firmware should be the base for future models, than it should
have all features available (including "Interval training" and "Lap by point").
Otherwise you will get only uncomplete feedbacks. As I said before: each of the model
has advantages and disadvantages.
If you want to have feedback for future development, the firmware should contain everything
you have. This won't be possible for 625 - but I think it could be possible for 505.
And I don't believe that it will cause too big efforts to move some already existing functions
from 625 to 505.

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

It is not difficult once the first implementation well.
We want more users to give us suggestions to improve our products.
We will try to do our best, no problem.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 20 queries.