USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with receiving GPS signals  (Read 33086 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Problems with receiving GPS signals
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2010, 09:23:59 pm »

Thanks, Rookie.
Maybe GH-625XT will match the Ironman-distance requirement. :D (15 hrs for battery life)
Maybe you can also consider to give GH-505 for the rookies of your club for self-training to improve their skill. ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Sounds like a plan!
When I can expect my GH-625XT sample arrive?  ;D

But if I remember correctly, water resistant is not good enough for swimming with GH-625XT.

Rookie

Hi Rookie,

Right, it is only IPX7. You should put it on swimming cap for competiton. ;D
Sample will be availalbe in Oct as expected.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2010, 09:25:34 pm »

Rookie,

you won´t need to charge during the race, if you hurry a little!!  ;D

Best regards

Longjog
"Hurry a little" !!!  :o
Only in my dreams...

Rookie

So you need a professional coach, GH-505. ;D

Regards,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2010, 11:42:47 am »

We also consider to enlarge the display and supports foot pod on GH-505 as long term plan.

Bigger display, a new HW, interesting. Isn't footpod just a software/firmware fix e.g. support ANT footpot, probably just some line's of code as you allready support other AND devices. Or is there a license cost also from suppler?

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2010, 06:34:29 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

finally we were able to exchange our emails  :D  Thank you for your answer !

In the meantime I read these very interesting news:
Don't worry, we always keep improving product and never give up. :D
We already prepare 10pcs with new GPS firmware to do field test. However, tayphoon is coming...
We also consider to enlarge the display and supports foot pod on GH-505 as long term plan.

Sincerely, Geoffrey
Can you explain more in detail, what you modified exactly in GPS firmware ?
And what do you mean with "enlarge display" ?  I think you want to enlarge some fonts, right ?
And how long do you think is a "long term" plan ?

Thank you for answering  ;D

Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2010, 03:57:13 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I wondering why the GH505 takes longer to fix than the GH625, is it the 3d loc?
I have a idea, can you not change the firmware so that it locks first on 2d and while the people are sporting try to get 3d fix. In this way it is quick and still accurate enough for the beginning.
I think a lot of people could live with this. I only don't know if it is possible! ::)

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2010, 12:18:41 am »

Hello Albert,

Geoffrey has written above that in the first step Globalsat will update the Firmware of the used SirF III chip inside the watch. I hope the problems with receiving of signals will be solved than.
My experiances are that the distances of GH-505 are always longer than measured with GH-625 when I use both at the same time. So the accuracy seems to be influenced by GPS-problem also. Can you doublecheck this please by a test?

I hope all this can be solved by the GPS-firmware update.
Your idea with a fix after 2d lock would not be a good solution, because then the accuracy will be more worse than now. The customers won´t be happy with this.

Best regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2010, 03:12:42 pm »

Hi Longjog,
My experiances are that the distances of GH-505 are always longer than measured with GH-625 when I use both at the same time. So the accuracy seems to be influenced by GPS-problem also. Can you doublecheck this please by a test?

Yes, yes - I think we already know, that GH-505 tends to measure a longer distance.
Remember one of my very first impressions:
* GPS Functions:
   - I was very astonished that my two watches didn't show the same distance during running  ::)
     The GH-505 did show 40-50m more all the time. I noticed this when first lap finished
     (first on 505. later on 625) and this remained the same during the total run.

And of course, we had a long discussion about reasons in a thread created by yourself:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1217.msg4138#msg4138

I think we should wait and see, how the GPS firmware modification will change all these problems.

Regards, Hubert

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2010, 03:32:32 pm »

Hello Longjog,

Your idea with a fix after 2d lock would not be a good solution, because then the accuracy will be more worse than now. The customers won´t be happy with this.

I don't have a GH505, so I can't check, sorry.
I believe that the GH625 is working with 2d, but I could be wrong. If so, than the dis accuracy is not from 2d but in the firmware some how. :(

Regards,

Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2010, 10:29:08 am »

Bigger display, a new HW, interesting. Isn't footpod just a software/firmware fix e.g. support ANT footpot, probably just some line's of code as you allready support other AND devices. Or is there a license cost also from suppler?

Hi Zingo,

We will communicate with supplier about foot pod application and we hold this idea as next plan.

Regards,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2010, 10:36:19 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

finally we were able to exchange our emails  :D  Thank you for your answer !

In the meantime I read these very interesting news:
Don't worry, we always keep improving product and never give up. :D
We already prepare 10pcs with new GPS firmware to do field test. However, tayphoon is coming...

Sincerely, Geoffrey
Can you explain more in detail, what you modified exactly in GPS firmware ?
And what do you mean with "enlarge display" ?  I think you want to enlarge some fonts, right ?
And how long do you think is a "long term" plan ?

Thank you for answering  ;D

Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I am also exciting to receive your email finally. :D
Not only enlarge font, but change to larger display due to feedback from market.
Because we found the orginal GPS firmware would get crazy and unreliable under weak signal after power off and power on sometimes.
Sirf has release new firmware to fix this problem and the test result is so far as good. :D

Last time we have tested the new GPS firmware and ensured it improves hot fix.
Sunday afternoon I compared 3 type watch, there are new GPS firmware, orginal GPS firmare and GH-625.
The order of distance from small to big is: orginal GPS, new GPS firmware and GH-625.
I tried went along wood, building and road and found orginal firmware of GH-505 got lost singal frequently and recover slowly.
New firmware is much better and as same as GH-625. Even though the sensitivity is not as bettrer as GH-625.
So I think new GPS firmware can improve GPS singal aquisition and lost signal besides sensitivity since antenna.

But it is pity, we still get stuck on firmware implementation which adds GPS firmware updatiing feature. :'(

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2010, 10:41:15 am »

Hello Albert,

Geoffrey has written above that in the first step Globalsat will update the Firmware of the used SirF III chip inside the watch. I hope the problems with receiving of signals will be solved than.

Best regards

Longjog

@ Hubert, Longjog, Albert,

I found the interesting thing.
Change GPS firmware improves lost signal and signal accquistion problem, even though the antenna performance is worse than GH-625.
Somtimes I walk along tall building, wood, the orginal GPS firmare was easy lost signal and take few second to recover. And new GPS firmware is so far so good.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

ultrapetita

« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2010, 04:38:27 am »

Hi Ultrapetita,

Yours seems also the older one... :D Of course, I am willing to provide repairement service for premiun member. ;D You can send it back through Fedex or Post office as well.

Have a nice day,

Geoffrey ;D

Hi Geoffrey,

I have tried to send a couple of times email to you asking for a confirmation if you have received my sample as it was sent to you for two weeks ago. Obviously you have not received the emails?

BR, Ultrapetita

Hello Ultrapetita,

Unfortunately, I still didn't get your mail so far and can't find in spam box. It is really strange.
We got the return samples yesterday and they are investigating. Sorry for my forgetfulness to response.
We will arrange one back soon.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Looks like my career as GH-505 tester will end now as the customs stopped my device again and requested me to pay VAT+Customs fees (again). Unfortunately I'm not ready to do that as there is no guarantee that the device will finally work as expected and, as well, the black spot issue is quite concerning...

jervanheg

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2010, 12:29:52 am »

Do you still have proof that you have sent the watch back abroad earlier? If you have that, there should be no issue in reclaiming that VAT/duty. It may take a bit of time though.

ultrapetita

« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2010, 04:39:22 am »

Do you still have proof that you have sent the watch back abroad earlier? If you have that, there should be no issue in reclaiming that VAT/duty. It may take a bit of time though.

Yes, there is evidence, but it is not enough...(according to Fedex) and because fedex is handling the shipping, I can't negotiate this directly with Customs without paying remarkable fee to Fedex in order to get the shipping documents...

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2010, 10:06:01 am »

Hi Geoffrey,
Because we found the orginal GPS firmware would get crazy and unreliable under weak signal after power off and power on sometimes.
Sirf has release new firmware to fix this problem and the test result is so far as good. :D
New firmware is much better and as same as GH-625. Even though the sensitivity is not as bettrer as GH-625.
So I think new GPS firmware can improve GPS singal aquisition and lost signal besides sensitivity since antenna.
But it is pity, we still get stuck on firmware implementation which adds GPS firmware updatiing feature. :'(
Are there any news about the progress with the new GPS firmware ?  What are your plans to continue with this ?

Regards, Hubert
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 18 queries.