USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with receiving GPS signals  (Read 36388 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Problems with receiving GPS signals
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2010, 10:35:38 am »

Hi Geoffrey,
Because we found the orginal GPS firmware would get crazy and unreliable under weak signal after power off and power on sometimes.
Sirf has release new firmware to fix this problem and the test result is so far as good. :D
New firmware is much better and as same as GH-625. Even though the sensitivity is not as bettrer as GH-625.
So I think new GPS firmware can improve GPS singal aquisition and lost signal besides sensitivity since antenna.
But it is pity, we still get stuck on firmware implementation which adds GPS firmware updatiing feature. :'(
Are there any news about the progress with the new GPS firmware ?  What are your plans to continue with this ?

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Still get stuck here. It seems too challenge, it becomes unstable while updating and easy to get fail.
We are still cooking with vendor.  :-[

Regards,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2010, 10:36:53 am »

We also consider to enlarge the display and supports foot pod on GH-505 as long term plan.

Bigger display, a new HW, interesting. Isn't footpod just a software/firmware fix e.g. support ANT footpot, probably just some line's of code as you allready support other AND devices. Or is there a license cost also from suppler?

Hi Zingo,

It is license form supplier, but we treat the display and GPS sensitivity as priority.
Sorry we pay lots of time here.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2010, 03:49:43 pm »

Hi Zingo,

It is license form supplier, but we treat the display and GPS sensitivity as priority.
Sorry we pay lots of time here.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,
does bigger display need bigger casing also? Is it also a chance to build in a better (bigger?) antenna? Or can all the GH-505 watches be modified by Globalsat without changing the body housing?

I saw the Timex Ironman Global Trainer GPS in Munic live. It is really big, I think bigger than GH-615. I not like this big solution but the watch also mustnīt be as small as GH-505 at the moment. It is a compromise between "everyday wear solution" and functionality.
The design of Garmin FR405 is nice for all day use, but the functionallity is not as good as I want it.
Conclusion: Functionality before small design. But I hope the watch mustnīt be as big as the Timex for a good functionality.
For daily use I will use an other (normal) watch.

Regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2010, 05:34:23 am »

Are there any news about the progress with the new GPS firmware ?  What are your plans to continue with this ?

Regards, Hubert
I was wondering same question.

I complete one race while ago where we run partly through paths in forest, not so heavy forest, but stil in forest. GH-505 lost signal once and it take very long time to get it back even we ran under clear sky and not in forest anymore.

Same track with GH-615 went without any problem last year. So I think there would be something to improve with receiving GPS signal.

Rookie

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2010, 05:50:26 am »

I agreed with Longjog.

Bigger display would be nice, but only if casing will be same size as now.

Also I would be intrested if we (beta testers) could upgrade displays to bigger ones if it is possible to change by ourselves.

Rookie

« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2010, 09:27:24 am »

Also I would be intrested if we (beta testers) could upgrade displays to bigger ones if it is possible to change by ourselves.

Rookie
Hello Rookie,
I donīt believe itīs a good idea to change Display by yourself. The waterproof cant be guaranteed, itīs a risk to do so.

Have a nice weekend!

Longjog

Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2010, 11:03:46 am »

Dear customers,

Today there is a big discover which found by U.S. professional tester also software developer. :D
Singal get lost frequently when HRM was enable, when he closed, it run normally.
It seems system over driven or getting interrupt abnormally. Hope everyone can help to double confirm. It will be a great hint to resolve the problem.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2010, 03:10:24 am »

Hi Geoffrey,
Singal get lost frequently when HRM was enable, when he closed, it run normally.
Hope everyone can help to double confirm. It will be a great hint to resolve the problem.
I can give a first feedback:
When I reported my last problems with GPS signals (see pictures here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1204.msg5279#msg5279  ),
I did not wear the HRM belt !
Anyway - I did not switch off HRM. So HRM was enabled, but no signals to receive.
And no signals to disturb.

Maybe this helps for further findings...

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2010, 07:21:45 am »

Rookie
Hello Rookie,
I donīt believe itīs a good idea to change Display by yourself. The waterproof cant be guaranteed, itīs a risk to do so.

Have a nice weekend!

Longjog

@ Longjog, Rookie,

We will keep the same casing, but we did a lot of modification of internal mechanical includes PCB design. For us, it is total new.

Regards,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2010, 07:23:55 am »

Hi Geoffrey,
Hope everyone can help to double confirm. It will be a great hint to resolve the problem.
I can give a first feedback:
When I reported my last problems with GPS signals (see pictures here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1204.msg5279#msg5279  ),
I did not wear the HRM belt !
Anyway - I did not switch off HRM. So HRM was enabled, but no signals to receive.
And no signals to disturb.

Maybe this helps for further findings...

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Maybe to active HRM function to make more busy on MCU. I am wondering is it getting improved if turn of HRM. :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

Double-Doublecheck: Problems with receiving GPS signals
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2010, 09:02:36 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

I did a 3-hours-run this morning with GH625, GH505 old GPS-FW, GH505 new GPS-FW.
Result:
Distance of GH625 was 32,48 km,
GH505 with old GPS-FW was 33,08 km (0,6km longer),
GH505 with new GPS-FW lost GPS-signal at 21 km,  did get it back a few times until it showed 24,41 km. Then it didnīt refix anymore.

Resume: The distance of GH625 is nearest to the real distance.

GH505 with old GPS-FW has bad accuracy. But this is different during the run. Most times distance of GH505 is longer than distance of GH625, but sometimes it is getting nearer to to distance shown at GH-625 again. If GH625 measures with the littlest error, this means, GH505 measures to long mostly but sometimes shorter distance than it is in real. This can be also watched at straight tracks!

GH505 with new GPS-FW failed but it is possible it has an other defect and not depends on HR disable / enable.
HR was set to "No" in accessories-menue at both GH505.

I did have runs with GH-505 with HR enabled without loosing GPS-fix.
Iīll continue testing this. But I think HR is not the cause of the problems, but this is only a feeling.

Regards

Longjog

Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Double-Doublecheck: Problems with receiving GPS signals
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2010, 08:32:35 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I did a 3-hours-run this morning with GH625, GH505 old GPS-FW, GH505 new GPS-FW.
Result:
Distance of GH625 was 32,48 km,
GH505 with old GPS-FW was 33,08 km (0,6km longer),
GH505 with new GPS-FW lost GPS-signal at 21 km,  did get it back a few times until it showed 24,41 km. Then it didnīt refix anymore.

Resume: The distance of GH625 is nearest to the real distance.

GH505 with old GPS-FW has bad accuracy. But this is different during the run. Most times distance of GH505 is longer than distance of GH625, but sometimes it is getting nearer to to distance shown at GH-625 again. If GH625 measures with the littlest error, this means, GH505 measures to long mostly but sometimes shorter distance than it is in real. This can be also watched at straight tracks!

GH505 with new GPS-FW failed but it is possible it has an other defect and not depends on HR disable / enable.
HR was set to "No" in accessories-menue at both GH505.

I did have runs with GH-505 with HR enabled without loosing GPS-fix.
Iīll continue testing this. But I think HR is not the cause of the problems, but this is only a feeling.

Regards

Longjog

Hi Longjog,

It is appreciated for quick response.
If that, GH-505s will be our last choice.
- Re-design LCD
- Re-layout PCB
- Re-design antenna

Meanwhile, we will keep investigation and services to customers.

Regards,

Geoffrey

abdominizer

« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2010, 03:12:44 am »

Hello again!
Sorry I have been absent for so long but my leg keeps letting me down and I have not been running at all for the last 4 months.

Regarding the HRM signals possibly disturbing GPS, I can say that it has not been an issue on my GH-505. I used the HR-belt and logged my HR on all my runs from the first day that I got the watch and I never had any problems with loosing GPS-fix!

Sincerely,
Jonas
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
GH-505 #00006, Firmware: F-0TH-0C-1005061 (Version 2.0)
Sporttracks Version 2.1.3465
GS-Sport Gym Version 2.1, GS-Sport Gym Pro V.1.2

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2010, 11:33:33 am »

Hello again!
Sorry I have been absent for so long but my leg keeps letting me down and I have not been running at all for the last 4 months.

Regarding the HRM signals possibly disturbing GPS, I can say that it has not been an issue on my GH-505. I used the HR-belt and logged my HR on all my runs from the first day that I got the watch and I never had any problems with loosing GPS-fix!

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas

Nice to see you again! :D
We have released new firmware today, will you go for experience?

Regards,

Geoffrey

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2010, 08:52:49 am »

Hello Geoffrey

I did a 26k run today with HR-Monitor off. (GH 505 wit the old GPS-FW). GPS signal was not lost  :), but there was one part in the track were GPS acuracy was very bad  :(.
Here is a picture to compare GH625 and GH505:
GH625

GH505

Best regards

Longjog

Germany
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 19 queries.