USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with receiving GPS signals  (Read 37077 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Problems with receiving GPS signals
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2010, 10:42:37 am »

Hello Geoffrey

I did a 26k run today with HR-Monitor off. (GH 505 wit the old GPS-FW). GPS signal was not lost  :), but there was one part in the track were GPS acuracy was very bad  :(.
Here is a picture to compare GH625 and GH505:
GH625

GH505

Best regards

Longjog

Hi Longjog,

Thanks for providing valuable information! It sounds HRM will affect  singal aquiring. :) We will keep check this point and improvement of receiving is also important.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2010, 03:54:21 pm »

Hi Longjog,
... It sounds HRM will affect  singal aquiring. :) We will keep check this point and improvement of receiving is also important.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,
Im not sure, if HRM is or is not affecting signal aquiring. The problem of loosing GPS-fix is not always reproduceable. Ill continue watching this and not use HRM with GH505 anymore until GPS-fix will be lost, but remember I lost the fix with my other GH505 (with GPS-FW-update) last week (with disabled HRM), but maybe this was caused by an other problem like worse antenna-contact. The accuracy of this modyfied watch is always worse then that of my other both watches.

Best regards
Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2010, 10:52:24 pm »

Hi Longjog,
... It sounds HRM will affect  singal aquiring. :) We will keep check this point and improvement of receiving is also important.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,
Im not sure, if HRM is or is not affecting signal aquiring. The problem of loosing GPS-fix is not always reproduceable. Ill continue watching this and not use HRM with GH505 anymore until GPS-fix will be lost, but remember I lost the fix with my other GH505 (with GPS-FW-update) last week (with disabled HRM), but maybe this was caused by an other problem like worse antenna-contact. The accuracy of this modyfied watch is always worse then that of my other both watches.

Best regards
Longjog

Hi Longjog,

HRM is just a suspect cause, we made for T brand watch without this problem. The antenna and coding are similar. So it perhaps real comes from poor contact or assembly issue.  :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

ultrapetita

« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2010, 03:25:54 am »

Looks like my career as GH-505 tester will end now as the customs stopped my device again and requested me to pay VAT+Customs fees (again). Unfortunately I'm not ready to do that as there is no guarantee that the device will finally work as expected and, as well, the black spot issue is quite concerning...

Just needed to come back regarding this issue with the customs... for 2-3 weeks ago I finally received a phone call from Fedex and they surprisingly shipped the replacement watch back.

The reason was that customs had opened the package after 21 days storage time and found the original envelope I used to send the watch to Globalsat with all the shipment markings. Obviously this was a good enough evodence for the customs so that they belived that the watch was in repair and no customs fees were required. (Thanks Geoffrey, very clever to send the watch with the original envelope back!!)

Anyway, now I have used the GH-505 only during the last 2-3 weeks and found out that the accuracy is quite good! Maybe just a little bit worse than GH-615, but the reason may be that GH-505 needs just a little bit longer fixing time before starting the run. If I let the GH-505 to get a good fix, it is very accurate throughout the run (much better than my first sample).

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2010, 10:58:27 am »

Looks like my career as GH-505 tester will end now as the customs stopped my device again and requested me to pay VAT+Customs fees (again). Unfortunately I'm not ready to do that as there is no guarantee that the device will finally work as expected and, as well, the black spot issue is quite concerning...

Just needed to come back regarding this issue with the customs... for 2-3 weeks ago I finally received a phone call from Fedex and they surprisingly shipped the replacement watch back.

The reason was that customs had opened the package after 21 days storage time and found the original envelope I used to send the watch to Globalsat with all the shipment markings. Obviously this was a good enough evodence for the customs so that they belived that the watch was in repair and no customs fees were required. (Thanks Geoffrey, very clever to send the watch with the original envelope back!!)

Anyway, now I have used the GH-505 only during the last 2-3 weeks and found out that the accuracy is quite good! Maybe just a little bit worse than GH-615, but the reason may be that GH-505 needs just a little bit longer fixing time before starting the run. If I let the GH-505 to get a good fix, it is very accurate throughout the run (much better than my first sample).

Hi Ultrapetita,

Thanks for your encourage and positive feedback! :D
I left your orginial box in order to keep the correct address and put new one in again, it is lucky that custom didn't give custom fee.

Please keep updated if any information.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 19 queries.