USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with receiving GPS signals  (Read 38022 times)

abdominizer

Re: Problems with receiving GPS signals
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2010, 03:14:50 pm »

Hello all,
Sorry for beeing absent for so long, I will return soon my leg is better now and i have started jogging again!

A friend of mine used my GH-505 for a 5000m race on the track a couple of weeks ago to check GPS accuracy:

It looks pretty good, the total distance measured was 5070m which is a decent margin of error. The only thing a bit strange is that there was hardly no error at all up to 3000m as you can se by the km markers that was recorded by autolap set to 1000m. The real 1000m splits should be exactly at the start and end points.

I think this proves that GPS inaccuracy is not in the software, my watch is good and the other testwatches might have problem with the hardware.

Sincerely,
Jonas
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
GH-505 #00006, Firmware: F-0TH-0C-1005061 (Version 2.0)
Sporttracks Version 2.1.3465
GS-Sport Gym Version 2.1, GS-Sport Gym Pro V.1.2

canadien

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2010, 10:48:07 pm »

The only thing a bit strange is that there was hardly no error at all up to 3000m as you can se by the km markers that was recorded by autolap set to 1000m.
This is quite interesting. Can't wait to hear what the Globalsat tech think of that...

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2010, 09:04:51 am »

Hello all,
Sorry for beeing absent for so long, I will return soon my leg is better now and i have started jogging again!

A friend of mine used my GH-505 for a 5000m race on the track a couple of weeks ago to check GPS accuracy:

It looks pretty good, the total distance measured was 5070m which is a decent margin of error. The only thing a bit strange is that there was hardly no error at all up to 3000m as you can se by the km markers that was recorded by autolap set to 1000m. The real 1000m splits should be exactly at the start and end points.

I think this proves that GPS inaccuracy is not in the software, my watch is good and the other testwatches might have problem with the hardware.

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

It is glad to hear from you again!
The result looks pretty good, but I am not exactly understand the split of the training mean? Is the training course 400m? or 1000m?
Right now GH-505 is production and production guy told it is getting better and reliable after first production.

Regards,

Geoffrey

abdominizer

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2010, 01:37:04 pm »

Hi Jonas,

The result looks pretty good, but I am not exactly understand the split of the training mean? Is the training course 400m? or 1000m?
Right now GH-505 is production and production guy told it is getting better and reliable after first production.

Regards,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey,
The track is 400m but the autolap in the GH-505 was set to 1000m, as you can se in the picture laps 1, 2 and 3 are very accurate (close to the red and green markers that mark the place of real splits 1, 2, 3 km) but split 4 and 5 are off, how come the error occurs so late after beeing accurate for 3 km?

Sincerely,
Jonas
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
GH-505 #00006, Firmware: F-0TH-0C-1005061 (Version 2.0)
Sporttracks Version 2.1.3465
GS-Sport Gym Version 2.1, GS-Sport Gym Pro V.1.2

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2010, 04:05:03 pm »

I have few tests done now and I have to say that I'm very satisfied about GPS accurance.

I did bike tour last saturday on road that I biking frequently and it gives me almost exactly same distance what I get with my GH-615 earlier. Here is last three tour on that road.
86.12km with GH-615
86.08km with GH-615
86.14km with GH-505

I did also short run with GH-505 and track followed roads exactly where I ran.

And this is extreamly fast get GPS fix, only few seconds and I'm ready to go if I start it near by same point where I last time used it.

This looks very good so far.  ;D

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2010, 10:46:44 am »

Hi Jonas,

Regards,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey,
The track is 400m but the autolap in the GH-505 was set to 1000m, as you can se in the picture laps 1, 2 and 3 are very accurate (close to the red and green markers that mark the place of real splits 1, 2, 3 km) but split 4 and 5 are off, how come the error occurs so late after beeing accurate for 3 km?

Sincerely,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

I have no idea, maybe I need your log file for further analysis.

Regards,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2010, 10:49:37 am »

I have few tests done now and I have to say that I'm very satisfied about GPS accurance.

I did bike tour last saturday on road that I biking frequently and it gives me almost exactly same distance what I get with my GH-615 earlier. Here is last three tour on that road.
86.12km with GH-615
86.08km with GH-615
86.14km with GH-505

And this is extreamly fast get GPS fix, only few seconds and I'm ready to go if I start it near by same point where I last time used it.

Hi Rookie,

It sounds great! :D
Also, you have two GH-615. You are a good Globalsat customer. :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2010, 02:46:07 pm »

86.12km with GH-615
86.08km with GH-615
86.14km with GH-505

Hi Rookie,

Regards,

Geoffrey

Not so good customer, I have only one GH-615. Results are from different dates, only road was exactly same ;)

Rookie

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2010, 10:41:18 am »

86.12km with GH-615
86.08km with GH-615
86.14km with GH-505

Hi Rookie,

Regards,

Geoffrey

Not so good customer, I have only one GH-615. Results are from different dates, only road was exactly same ;)

Rookie

Understood, hope one day you became Globalsat fans. ;D

Regardsm

Geoffrey

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2010, 02:43:23 pm »

Regardsm

Geoffrey

Yeah, and GlobalSat become me and my team fans! ;D
You are already in good way  ;)

Rookie

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2010, 10:28:53 am »

Regardsm

Geoffrey

Yeah, and GlobalSat become me and my team fans! ;D
You are already in good way  ;)

Rookie

My pleasure! :D
Let's enjoy together! :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2010, 09:55:29 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

yesterday I installed the new firmware (F-GGH-2C-1007161.GHX) and I wanted to test all these
interesting new features. The features really sound hot...

Unfortunately the result was very disappointing for me  :'(
There was no GPS signal for 45 minutes !  (Forty-Five !!)

Maybe it was just because I didn't use the GH-505 for a few weeks, maybe it was because
I made a complete reset by updating the firmware, - I'm not sure about the reason...

I waited before starting my training about 15 min. During this period of time a gave the 505
the chance to reset GPS by itself two times (3 min. searching - Reset - another 3 min.)
I also tried to switch off/on and start again. No GPS fix ! There were a lot of satellite seen
but not strong enough.
After 15 min. waiting, I started my training anyway and it need about 30 more minutes to
get the GPS fix (of course with a timer reset  :-\ ).
Even after that, I recieved some more "No GPS" messages during my run.

So - I didn't make much sense to test the new features. I cannot give much feedback.
However - I had a short look at Pacer (MySelf) and "Birdeye view" which both look very good.

Anyway - I think for me I doesn't make much sense to continue testing, because I think
that the watch has a general problem with GPS signals. It's a pity...  :'(

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

ultrapetita

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2010, 12:46:34 pm »

So - I didn't make much sense to test the new features. I cannot give much feedback.
However - I had a short look at Pacer (MySelf) and "Birdeye view" which both look very good.

Anyway - I think for me I doesn't make much sense to continue testing, because I think
that the watch has a general problem with GPS signals. It's a pity...  :'(

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

You have exactly the same situation as I have... I have not used my 505 for some weeks until last week with the updated FW. For some reason, my 505 is working quite well for the first 1hour, and after that, the GPS fix will be disappearing or will be lost completely.

My own conclusion is that the satellites are lost one by one during the run and due to bad sensitivity my sample can not fix any new satellites during the run.

Unfortunately I have very seldom any runs shorter than 1hour...

The features of new FW sound very good, but the situation is very frustrating as the testng really does not make any sense as the features do not work without GPS fix...

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2010, 10:43:35 am »

Hi Hubert, Ultrapetita,

I think the emphersis was old after laid for few weeks. System will take more time to update the emphersis to get fix. As I know, the satellite signal is easy to get lost when vibrate the arm for running.

Please try to lay the watch on the ground after RESET GPS to monitor again.
It should be improved.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2010, 03:55:11 pm »

Hello all,

I think it was completely something els, If we talking about Sunday! ::)
I had (with the GH625) wile I was cycling time after time that the GPS came with weak signal, never had this and Yesterday everything was normal again. I did look that time into GPS info en did see a lot of jumping from satellites to others. I mostly ride on Sundays the same route and never experienced this problem, probably a one off.

Regards Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.38 seconds with 19 queries.