USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware update failed  (Read 6992 times)

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Firmware update failed
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 05:22:50 pm »

Yes, the extension cable is important because it helps to extend the receiver away from the host device so that a GPS fix can be obtained.

First, we need to make sure that your device works properly. Please uninstall the PL-2303 USB-to-Serial driver. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program. Select the said driver and delete it. Once it's removed, turn off your computer and wait for a few minutes. Start up your computer and install this driver: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/650/win_7_usb_driver.zip

Now, utilize the said cable and plug-in the ND-100. Bring your HP Compag CQ outside under an open sky and test the device with the GPSInfo program. Select the correct com port (go to Ports under Device Manager), choose the appropriate baud rate, and click on 'Start GPS'. Run the program for a few minutes to see if you're getting a 3D fix in 'Status'. Take note if the blue light on the ND-100 is blinking.

Let me know how it goes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:06:01 pm by USG_TECH10 »

kadirmo

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 03:56:03 am »

Hello USG-TECH

i thing i explained something wrong, i pluged usb device before and want to Update FW with your AutoFWUpdate_ND100_V1.1.exe but i thing something goes wrong  and program crach when updating firmware, and after that i can connect device but notting happen, i try GPSInfo to scan ports with all baut rates and always says "NO DEVICE",

is it possible to reflash device with your FWUpdate program...

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 11:49:34 am »

When you plugged in the ND-100 to your computer (using the provided extension cable), does the blue light blink or is it just steady on?

Plug in the device to your computer and check the port used in the Device Manager. Run the GPSInfo program as an administrator (refer to the previous post). Select the com port and baud rate and click on Start GPS. You should see some scrolling data on the window below. If that doesn't work, close the program and unplug the device. Open up the utility once more, follow the appropriate steps, and choose a different baud rate.

Let me know how it goes.

kadirmo

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 03:38:54 pm »

blue light just steady on..

i try your suggestion but nothings happen.
also i didnt update firmware with AutoFWUpdate_ND100_V1.1(2).exe (Modified Date: 22.06.2009 08:45)
is there any other firmware update exe?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 02:01:05 pm »

ND-100 with the M-Star chipset is phased out. For that reason, there will be no updated firmware tool available anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience incurred.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 20 queries.