USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 64 bit - Windows cannot load driver  (Read 23976 times)

jconstable007

Re: Windows 7 64 bit - Windows cannot load driver
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 02:30:06 am »

tried all that, still no go.  gonna put this on the back burner for now.  will check back to see if the drivers get updated.  seems to work with XP and has issues with 2000 32bit and Vista/7 64bit

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 05:01:25 pm »

Sorry that we cannot help you further than that and for any inconvenience you experienced. Since we update our website with the latest drivers, please visit the BU-353 page whenever you have time: http://www.usglobalsat.com/corp/s-122-bu-353-support.aspx

You can also check out this site for the latest Prolific driver: http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31

Just let us know if you have any questions. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:56:55 pm by USG_TECH10 »

Lone Wolf

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 02:09:25 pm »

When you downloaded the driver from the website, did you extract the file first before installing the driver application?

If a question mark or yellow error icon is displayed in the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COMX) under Ports (COM & LPT), this is an indication that no driver is currently installed for the GPS receiver. To solve this problem, please follow the instructions below:

Plug the device to your computer to the same port that has the error icon. Open up the Device Manager. Expand Ports and right-click the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COMX). Choose Update Driver Software and select 'Browse my computer for driver software'. Click on 'Let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer' and press Next. Select the latest version of the driver, Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version: 3.3.11.152[3/12/2010] and click Next. This would install driver software. Once it's done, it would inform you that Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

Now, plug-in the device and see if you obtain the same pop-up statement. Afterwards, test it with the GPSInfo utility. Let me know how it goes.

I am having the same problem as jconstable007.  I have loaded all drivers (windows all in one pack) from the website, and have followed all  instructions provided in this forum.  I get the following error message:
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for the device (Code 31)
Seems to me there is a need for a simpler way to do all this.  I will be returning my device if I am unable to get it going tomorrow when I call to speak to a tech.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 02:56:38 pm »

Please feel free to contact us during this hours:

Technical Support Contact
Hours: M-F 8:30am ~ 5pm PST
Toll Free:888.323.8730

A Tech Support will be available to further assist you about this issue. Thanks.

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »

Hello guys,

Iīd have the same problem with my GH-625XP training-watch. Now I managed to solve the problem but I donīt know if it is reproduceable.
1. Download & install the driver V1.30.
2. Run GPS-Software
3. Connect GPS-Product to cable
4. Connect cable to PC (-> Now the driver is installed by plug & play)
5. Switch GPS-Product to communication-mode, if possible.
6. If it doesnīt work, try every USB-Port of your computer.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Best regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

StoneAge

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 09:20:18 am »

Am having trouble with my 353 and Windows 7.  Driver istalls fine and states (com10)  i run GPSinfo and nothing.  No device detection or anything. 

Lenovo 550 laptop.

Running windows 7.

Seems these pucks have a challenge with windows 7.  Or vice versa, however some folks get it to work..  Please help..  Followed everything in the instructions and those that are stated here.   No joy.

Thanks.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 12:44:19 pm »

Hello,

Welcome to the forums! Just a couple of questions about this:

Have you tried plugging device directly to another USB port?
When you open up the GPSInfo program, do you see any com port in the COM Port field? If not, please close the program. Right-click on its icon > select Properties > go to the Compatibility tab. Check the box that states run this program as an administrator. Click Apply and OK. Then, open up the GPSInfo program and choose the proper com port.

Do you have any antivirus program running in the background? If so, please disable it and restart your computer?

Once it restarted, go to your Device Manager. Then, right-click on Computer > Manage > Computer Management > System Tools > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > Prolific to USB Serial Comm Port (COMXX). Did it have a yellow error exclamation point besides Prolific?
If so, you need to uninstall the driver. Go to Control Panel > Programs. Scroll down the list of the programs and look for PL2303 USB-to-Serial. Highlight the said program and click Uninstall. Once the driver is removed, turn off your computer and wait for a few minutes. Power up your computer and download the latest version of the driver from here: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/62/windows_pl2303_usb_driver.zip). Make sure to extract the file first before installing the driver.

Let me know how it goes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 19 queries.