USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to see ND 100 on com port  (Read 2352 times)

rustysadd

unable to see ND 100 on com port
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:00:13 am »

I have recently purchased an ND 100. I run Windows 7 and have downloaded the latest driver from your website. When I plug the device into the laptop, it assigns its self to Com port 11. I change the com port in the mini CDU software but it still does not recognise the device. I have tried to change the device to COM 1 but it still does not connect. The ND 100 is flashing its blue LED. Please help.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: unable to see ND 100 on com port
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:34:36 pm »

Close down the MiniCDU program. Can you unplug the device and plug it in with the provided cable to a different USB Port? Then, go to your Device Manager to check the com port. You can do this by pressing the Start (Windows). Right-click on Computer > Manage > Computer Management > System Tools > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > Prolific to USB Serial Comm Port (COMXX).

Open up the said program and press the Connect button. Go to Mode > Setup COM Port. Select the com port and baud rate and click the OK button. Now, press the Connect button and you will see some scrolling data on the Terminal window. Also, you'll see some data in the blank fields. Check the Terminal window to see if you're getting the proper NMEA data.

Let us know how it goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 20 queries.