USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New firmware release~ V1.16  (Read 8028 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
New firmware release~ V1.16
« on: July 28, 2010, 06:23:07 am »

Dear customers,

Right now we have released firmware which modify:
- Capable to have HR value limiton from 200 to 230 bpm.
- Keep mile unit as feet in "Cumulate distance".

Please have a look on http://www.mediafire.com/file/7oud395cbdaba5b/F-GGH-2A-1007282.GHX :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

DonDuron

• Regular Members
Re: New firmware release~ V1.16
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 02:08:32 pm »

Dear customers,

Please have a look on http://www.mediafire.com/file/7oud395cbdaba5b/F-GGH-2A-1007282.GHX :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffry,

thank you and the GS-engineer. The new Firmware looks very promising: A first and very short test showed very responsive and accurate HR-readings. No distortions, no false signals. Smoothing looks much better and far more realisic than FR305-recordings. Just as XII but even better concerning maxHR.
No more Garmin finally.... :)

Regards,

Dennis

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 10:43:31 am »

Dear customers,

Regards,

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffry,

thank you and the GS-engineer. The new Firmware looks very promising: A first and very short test showed very responsive and accurate HR-readings. No distortions, no false signals. Smoothing looks much better and far more realisic than FR305-recordings. Just as XII but even better concerning maxHR.
No more Garmin finally.... :)

Regards,

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis.
We will do formal release if no more concerns. Please keep loving our product and introduce to your friends.

Regards,

Geoffrey :D

skeptisch

• Regular Members
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 06:28:33 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

i have not tested V1.16 yet, but did you changed the things promised some months ago for the next firmware:
"- Slope;
- Pace 1K remove;
- 2 configurable selection of LAP setting;
- Cumulative distance improvement;"?

Is there a change in the smoothing of speed and ascending speed as well as cumulation of ascending distance?
Up to now, i had always 20-50% to high results for  cumulated ascending distances when running. So the results are quite worthless up to now - at least for me.
Since others pointed out that the readings are better for steep and long ascends, at least two modes ("nearly flat" and "mountainious") with different algorythm would be a cheap solution i think.

Did you fix the issue that after about 650 km/h the speed starts with 0 km/h again? (This only happens in the airplane of course, but the watch is a nice gimick when travelling and correct readings should be no problem, since recorded data in memory is correct already...)

For the memory full issue, i would suggest to combine the suggestions of rookie and zingo: when there are more then one training data in the memory: delete the oldest training data (perhaps with an alert in advance, lets say when there is only 1% of memory left). If there is only one training recorded (the present one) give the same alert and stop recording when memory is full except of the last bytes to collect the last position and time when the timer is finally stopped by the user.

I would also appreciate the suggestion of Albert when following a track: "...it would be helpful if the next trackpoint shows the altitude as well and the actual altitude"
This would be a great feature!

Furthermore - but it seems I am nearly the only one in this forum in need for that - I still hope to see a chance for UTM data point entry some time, since this is essential for serious outdoor use with most of the available paper maps...

regards Skeptisch

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 11:54:17 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

i have not tested V1.16 yet, but did you changed the things promised some months ago for the next firmware:
"- Slope;
- Pace 1K remove;
- Cumulative distance improvement;"?

Is there a change in the smoothing of speed and ascending speed as well as cumulation of ascending distance?
Up to now, i had always 20-50% to high results for  cumulated ascending distances when running. So the results are quite worthless up to now - at least for me.
Since others pointed out that the readings are better for steep and long ascends, at least two modes ("nearly flat" and "mountainious") with different algorythm would be a cheap solution i think.

Did you fix the issue that after about 650 km/h the speed starts with 0 km/h again? (This only happens in the airplane of course, but the watch is a nice gimick when travelling and correct readings should be no problem, since recorded data in memory is correct already...)

For the memory full issue, i would suggest to combine the suggestions of rookie and zingo: when there are more then one training data in the memory: delete the oldest training data (perhaps with an alert in advance, lets say when there is only 1% of memory left). If there is only one training recorded (the present one) give the same alert and stop recording when memory is full except of the last bytes to collect the last position and time when the timer is finally stopped by the user.

I would also appreciate the suggestion of Albert when following a track: "...it would be helpful if the next trackpoint shows the altitude as well and the actual altitude"

Furthermore - but it seems I am nearly the only one in this forum in need for that - I still hope to see a chance for UTM data point entry some time, since this is essential for serious outdoor use with most of the available paper maps...

regards Skeptisch

Hi Skeptisch,

Fully agree with your suggestions, about the 650 km, OK for me  ;D but I don't need it.

Regards,

Albert 
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 10:24:45 am »

Hi Skeptisch,

Sorry for my late responses. Here is my comments regarding to your comments:

- Slope;
- Pace 1K remove;
- Cumulative distance improvement;
Since our resources are almost occupied on new project development, I will ask them to arrange the schedule;

It seems a good idea to have calculation into two modes; due to the GPS accuracy limiton, we take the medium value to smoothing the bumpy road, so that the result will not be same as real case.

I will check with engineer, because it will impact the data structure.

Do you means the last point will be recored until timer be stop? I will check that.

It could be implement, but the distance to next point is only according to 2D coordination.

We know it is wonderful feature, but the idea still be hold for GH-625 according to memory size and CPU resource. For GH-505, it is done.

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 12:39:06 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I have a question that also can be done on the 505. :D
Is it possible to have in configuration auto zoom off/on ;)
It would be nice to have auto zoom if a trackpoint is near.
E.g. the arrow gives a turn in about 2 km, with auto zoom the map go's to 2 km, the arrow gives a turn within 500 m, the map go's to 500 m
up to say 100 m is fine for cycling, I can imagine for runners it should be around 10 meters to see enough detail. With the bike the watch is to slow and the feature would work than against you.   ;) 

Regards, Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 10:19:07 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

I have a question that also can be done on the 505. :D
Is it possible to have in configuration auto zoom off/on ;)
It would be nice to have auto zoom if a trackpoint is near.
E.g. the arrow gives a turn in about 2 km, with auto zoom the map go's to 2 km, the arrow gives a turn within 500 m, the map go's to 500 m
up to say 100 m is fine for cycling, I can imagine for runners it should be around 10 meters to see enough detail. With the bike the watch is to slow and the feature would work than against you.   ;) 

Regards, Albert

Hi Albert,

GH-505 doesn't has auto zoom in/out function. It sounds interesting, I think it is useful for bike application. How about to switch scale base on speed?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 01:23:31 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

GH-505 doesn't has auto zoom in/out function. It sounds interesting, I think it is useful for bike application. How about to switch scale base on speed?
I know the 505 thus not have it, but it would be nice.
Speed related is not good because up to about 50 meters before a crossing I still will have around 30 km/h speed. After 50 m it is to late to show the map in detail. :(

regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 04:09:34 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

Speed related is not good because up to about 50 meters before a crossing I still will have around 30 km/h speed. After 50 m it is to late to show the map in detail. :(

regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

That's right.
How about to show the next xx points which the farest one is to you base one the scale?
Ex. farest distance is 100m, so scale changes to 150m?

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 07:53:19 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

That's right.
How about to show the next xx points which the farest one is to you base one the scale?

Regards,

Geoffrey

Hoi Geoffrey,

I don't understand completely, what do you mean by fares point. But the other way around is better, so the nearness xx point is 200m the map switch to 500 m scale, xx point 80 m map 100 m this way you see also what is after the xx point and enough detail. I tried manually this morning and it works fine.

Regards Albert   

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 10:47:11 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

That's right.

Regards,

Geoffrey

Hoi Geoffrey,

I don't understand completely, what do you mean by fares point. But the other way around is better, so the nearness xx point is 200m the map switch to 500 m scale, xx point 80 m map 100 m this way you see also what is after the xx point and enough detail. I tried manually this morning and it works fine.

Regards Albert   

Hello Albert,

My mean is that group the adjacent coming points, maybe 10 or 20.
To show they all in Map, we have to find out the farest distance to some one point to decide scale. Any comments?

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 11:11:28 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

My mean is that group the adjacent coming points, maybe 10 or 20.
To show they all in Map, we have to find out the farest distance to some one point to decide scale. Any comments?
I know now what you mean.

My though is different, if the software knows the number of the next point approach it could easy determine what scale it needs by looking at his coordinates and compared with the map scale. If I than manually press OK or ESC the software only has to look for the trackpoint number and decide on this. Please let me know if I am wrong in this way of thinking, and why. Possibly I am overlooking something here. ???

jervanheg

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 11:30:26 pm »

Good morning!
Would this firmware be compatible with GH615? The XII firmware works just fine.

Jeroen

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 06:22:16 am »

Good morning!
Would this firmware be compatible with GH615? The XII firmware works just fine.

Jeroen

Yes, it fully compatible to XII. Don't worry.

Regards,

Geoffrey
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 26 queries.