USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difference with GH505/GH625?  (Read 3362 times)

jervanheg

Difference with GH505/GH625?
« on: August 08, 2010, 02:19:25 pm »

Hello all,
I've purchased the 101, and already have the gh625. Now thinking of this one.
I would like to know whether the map mode in this device actually is like the GH625, or would it be GH505?
(The slow redraws of the GH625 make the map mode very awkward to use, if not unusable. So basically : is the CPU fast enough to allow instant map redraws?)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Difference with GH505/GH625?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 10:19:22 pm »

Hello all,
I would like to know whether the map mode in this device actually is like the GH625, or would it be GH505?
(The slow redraws of the GH625 make the map mode very awkward to use, if not unusable. So basically : is the CPU fast enough to allow instant map redraws?)

Dear customer,

It is glad that you are interest on our product.
GH-561 redraws Map likes GH-505, very quickly and fast. It supports Geocahcing and main focus on outdoor activity. Now the software will support Wiki Open Street Map, more function and features.
Welcome to join our family.

Regards,

Geoffrey

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:43:48 am »

Now the software will support Wiki Open Street Map, more function and features.

Do you mean that new firmware can show maps in Open Street Map format.
If yes, it would be very cool and this device will the best its price category.

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 01:25:45 pm »

No it's the PC software that used openstreetmap.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:39:43 am »

Now the software will support Wiki Open Street Map, more function and features.

Do you mean that new firmware can show maps in Open Street Map format.
If yes, it would be very cool and this device will the best its price category.

Hi ,

Right now PC software supports Open Street Map and planning route on it.
Then to download to device for activity.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:50:29 am by TWG_TECH4 »

jervanheg

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 04:31:15 am »

Hello all,

Dear customer,

GH-561 redraws Map likes GH-505, very quickly and fast. It supports Geocahcing and main focus on outdoor activity. Now the software will support Wiki Open Street Map, more function and features.

Regards,

Geoffrey

GH561 just landed in my mail!

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 10:51:41 am »

Hello all,

Dear customer,

Regards,

Geoffrey

GH561 just landed in my mail!

Welcome to join us! ;D Any comments please let me know.

Regards,

Geoffrey

jervanheg

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 06:27:00 am »

Hello Geoffrey,
I took a week (and my birthday :-) ) before I've been able top open te box, but as I write this, I'm playing with my new gh561.
I'd like to share my experience so far, though I realise much of this does not have to do with Hardware; but rather from an user-experience perspective.

Right now, I'm trying to learn the basic functionality of the device, and I feel there is some room for improvement on how to use it, which I'd like to share.

The first issue I stumble upon, is the assumed pre-knowledge from the owner. Luckily, I'm quite used to the terminology, the functions,... but to a new user, the manual doesn't explain the purpose of many functions well enough. As a general rule, the manual tells about the functionality of the device, but doesn't explain the possibilities, purpose or reason why the functions are there. Example: Manual page 24. This is the first introduction to using the PC software with the device. The first statement : "You should export the database before you go on to import the data....etc". As a novice user, I'd be thinking here : what database? what is a database for? This is not explained in the manual until later. The user is expected to find out for himself.

Generally, the manual should be more user-centric, starting from a user point-of-view rather than an explanantion of all the menus as they appear on the software. As an example, pages 28-32 explain how to export, import, delete, upload routes... but your average user -at that point- isn't even aware what a "route" is. The whole concept of "routes" and how to create them is then -very briefly-explained on page 33. Too briefly, if you ask me. Any tips or hints on where to place waypoints (where, how many, zooming in/out on maps, the consequence of having too much/too few waypoints, and even the purpose of waypoints) isn't covered. The most important useage of the device is explained in one single paragraph consisting of two lines of text.

A suggestion that has already been submitted here is quite crucial: in the route creation mode, the "hand" icon should be changed into a crosshair.

I'll report more as I gain experience.

jervanheg

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 03:30:35 am »

I just came back from my second round of testing, this time more oriented to what it is designed for: walking.
To ensure everything would be as accurate as possible, I calibrated.

It started off pretty bdly: again, the small pointer triangle pointed as I wre moving to all kinds of directions (the position as per the underlying trackline was correct though). The compass pointer too showed all kinds of directions... so after 200 meters, I was already thinking about putting this thing on Ebay.
But then, I started to see a trend...
The key issue was : the device must beheld PERFECTLY level (Horizontal), and then the readings/pointers were spot on. Holding the divice to any angle, even as little as 15 degres, and the pointer showed every possible direction. Once beyond an angle of 45 degress (holding it in front of your face, example), the pointer showed the opposite direction steadily, which I think it's supposed to.

I do hope my earlier suggestion about an alternative method do indicate navigation could be considered, as I think it will increase usability incrementally.
The idea is, on the compass page, to show an additional line representing the underlying track you're following. If you are moving exactly according to the planned track, the screen shows a vertical line in the exact middle of the dial. If you are moving off the track, the vertical line moves left or right of the center, and shows the distance from your current position (the deviation between where you're supposed to be, and where you are now). This way, you can immediately see: "I'm walking 50 meters to the left of the planned trackline".

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 07:36:54 am »

Hello Geoffrey,
I took a week (and my birthday :-) ) before I've been able top open te box, but as I write this, I'm playing with my new gh561.
I'd like to share my experience so far, though I realise much of this does not have to do with Hardware; but rather from an user-experience perspective.

Right now, I'm trying to learn the basic functionality of the device, and I feel there is some room for improvement on how to use it, which I'd like to share.

The first issue I stumble upon, is the assumed pre-knowledge from the owner. Luckily, I'm quite used to the terminology, the functions,... but to a new user, the manual doesn't explain the purpose of many functions well enough. As a general rule, the manual tells about the functionality of the device, but doesn't explain the possibilities, purpose or reason why the functions are there. Example: Manual page 24. This is the first introduction to using the PC software with the device. The first statement : "You should export the database before you go on to import the data....etc". As a novice user, I'd be thinking here : what database? what is a database for? This is not explained in the manual until later. The user is expected to find out for himself.

Generally, the manual should be more user-centric, starting from a user point-of-view rather than an explanantion of all the menus as they appear on the software. As an example, pages 28-32 explain how to export, import, delete, upload routes... but your average user -at that point- isn't even aware what a "route" is. The whole concept of "routes" and how to create them is then -very briefly-explained on page 33. Too briefly, if you ask me. Any tips or hints on where to place waypoints (where, how many, zooming in/out on maps, the consequence of having too much/too few waypoints, and even the purpose of waypoints) isn't covered. The most important useage of the device is explained in one single paragraph consisting of two lines of text.

A suggestion that has already been submitted here is quite crucial: in the route creation mode, the "hand" icon should be changed into a crosshair.

I'll report more as I gain experience.

Dear customer,

It is appreciated that uses our product and providing valualable suggestions.
Due to the manual was written by techanical guys, it did some misfocus. Futher, we always keep updating our features but forgot to update manual immediately.
We feel apology to cause your inconvenience.
We will try to do our best and keep your suggestion to make our product more perfect.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 07:42:35 am »

I just came back from my second round of testing, this time more oriented to what it is designed for: walking.
To ensure everything would be as accurate as possible, I calibrated.

It started off pretty bdly: again, the small pointer triangle pointed as I wre moving to all kinds of directions (the position as per the underlying trackline was correct though). The compass pointer too showed all kinds of directions... so after 200 meters, I was already thinking about putting this thing on Ebay.
But then, I started to see a trend...
The key issue was : the device must beheld PERFECTLY level (Horizontal), and then the readings/pointers were spot on. Holding the divice to any angle, even as little as 15 degres, and the pointer showed every possible direction. Once beyond an angle of 45 degress (holding it in front of your face, example), the pointer showed the opposite direction steadily, which I think it's supposed to.

I do hope my earlier suggestion about an alternative method do indicate navigation could be considered, as I think it will increase usability incrementally.
The idea is, on the compass page, to show an additional line representing the underlying track you're following. If you are moving exactly according to the planned track, the screen shows a vertical line in the exact middle of the dial. If you are moving off the track, the vertical line moves left or right of the center, and shows the distance from your current position (the deviation between where you're supposed to be, and where you are now). This way, you can immediately see: "I'm walking 50 meters to the left of the planned trackline".

Dear Jervanheg,

Due to GH-561 embedded 3 axis e-compass without g-sensor, it only be afford to 15 degree tilt as maximum. If over, the compass will come out more deviation. But the performance is much reliable than 2 axis compass.

I am not getting the point on this matter, can you please explain more detail?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Geoffrey

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 12:46:01 pm »

Hello Jeroen and Geoffrey,

I think I understand, if you go to the compass page you can travel with it because it can show the direction to go to. In case of having a trackroute it could be handy to show the deviation, on the compass page, the way Jeroen describing. So if spot on on the track, the vertical line is running over the center of the compass rose. If not exactly on the track the vertical line runs left or right from the center of compass rose. This way you have a good visual compass rose and the advantage of seeing the deviation from the to follow trackroute.

Regards,

Albert         

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 20 queries.