USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Travel Manager V1.6 release~  (Read 4823 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Travel Manager V1.6 release~
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:57 pm »

Dear customers,

Thanks for loving our product. Hereby I would introduce the new version of Software which improves:

- Support Open Street Map; (Bike, Hike, City)
- Add Turkish
- Fix the exception issue when load KML file with only 2 points,

Look forward to hearing your comments soon,

Geoffrey :D

albert

• this product gives value for money
Re: Travel Manager V1.6 release~
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:44 pm »

Dear customers,

Thanks for loving our product. Hereby I would introduce the new version of Software which improves:

- Add Turkish

Hello Geoffrey,

This is a big improvement with OSM, there are plus and still minus points on the TM the good points first:
    8)
    • nice to have the possibility to create track routes
    • good to see on the bottom left corner the scale
    • nice that it calculates the distance for you, excellent work
    • The different map choices are very good, for every type of sport usable
    • nice to have a route tool on the computer and not somewhere on line
    • this is much better then the old one

Minus points::(
    • I am missing a little cross (x) to point at places to build a route
    • I am missing the possibility to move a little bit a route point, so it fits better on the road, delete a peace is the only option now.
    • If I want a waypoint in de track route, I can but the route is not drawing automatic to the waypoint
    • I miss the possibility to switch between moving map and create route, if I am not careful I make trackpoints where I don't want them.
    • in most route planners now it can switch-able on/off following the roads automatic (auto routing), in this case you have to do it road section for road section

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:22:24 am »

Dear customers,

- Add Turkish

Hello Geoffrey,

This is a big improvement with OSM, there are plus and still minus points on the TM the good points first:
    8)
    • nice to have the possibility to create track routes
    • good to see on the bottom left corner the scale
    • nice that it calculates the distance for you, excellent work
    • The different map choices are very good, for every type of sport usable
    • nice to have a route tool on the computer and not somewhere on line
    • this is much better then the old one

Minus points::(
    • I am missing a little cross (x) to point at places to build a route
    • I am missing the possibility to move a little bit a route point, so it fits better on the road, delete a peace is the only option now.
    • If I want a waypoint in de track route, I can but the route is not drawing automatic to the waypoint
    • I miss the possibility to switch between moving map and create route, if I am not careful I make trackpoints where I don't want them.
    • in most route planners now it can switch-able on/off following the roads automatic (auto routing), in this case you have to do it road section for road section

Regards,

Albert
Thanks, Albert.
I will check with engineer about the possibility.
Hence, I have some questions need to be clarify:
I am missing a little cross (x) to point at places to build a route
Do you to move a cross (x) on Map to plan route?
I am missing the possibility to move a little bit a route point, so it fits better on the road, delete a peace is the only option now
Do you mean to drag the point to make fit better?
If I want a waypoint in de track route, I can but the route is not drawing automatic to the waypoint
Please explain more detail.
I miss the possibility to switch between moving map and create route, if I am not careful I make trackpoints where I don't want them.
Please explain.
in most route planners now it can switch-able on/off following the roads automatic (auto routing), in this case you have to do it road section for road section
Do you mean auto routing application? You just need plan the start and end points?

Regards,

[/list]

albert

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 04:22:49 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

Yes please the centre of the cross is then the centre of the trackpoint or waypoint if you click

I am missing the possibility to move a little bit a route point, so it fits better on the road, delete a peace is the only option now

Yes, good example is sporttracks, on the map side (left upper corner) pull down menu, [change] gives a good idea, if there is a trackpoint it is also easy to delete with click and [DEL] on keybord

If I want a waypoint in de track route, I can but the route is not drawing automatic to the waypoint

A waypoint is something where you want to go to, it would be nice that it would do auto routing in the first place to the waypoint, if the possibility to change is there you can then change the route or go by smaller steps to the waypoint. But for Geo cashing this part is not relevant

I miss the possibility to switch between moving map and create route, if I am not careful I make trackpoints where I don't want them.

Please explain.

Also like in sporttracks and other programs you can toggle between moving the map and edit the route, to avoid that you make trackpoint, where the intention only was to move the map to see where you going. 

in most route planners now it can switch-able on/off following the roads automatic (auto routing), in this case you have to do it road section for road section

Do you mean auto routing application? You just need plan the start and end points?
Yes, but you can also do it by steps an example is that a ferry is a problem in auto routing, so it is handy to go by not to big steps to a next way or trackpoint and then the next and so on. this way you can create your own routes and don't have to do every road separate. important is the possibility to switch auto routing off or on, specially for the ferry's to start on the other side of the river again. I found out that most auto routings go around the ferry's sometimes even with 40 km to get a bridge ;D  For me auto routing is ideal because I make routes from about 100 km or more, with this tool it takes ages to create on

Don't forget it is already a lot better than it was, but I could be even better. ;D

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

albert

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 03:47:15 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I forgot something.
I had today a coordinate and wanted to see where it was, but this is not possible direct in the program. Can you make a field where you put in the lat long and see where about it is on the map?
If so give the 3 options as well google, utm and xx.yyyyyy ;)

Regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 08:50:15 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I forgot something.
I had today a coordinate and wanted to see where it was, but this is not possible direct in the program. Can you make a field where you put in the lat long and see where about it is on the map?
If so give the 3 options as well google, utm and xx.yyyyyy ;)

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

You may save it as a waypoint, and then find it as GOTO.
You only can find the relative direction because there is no map built in.

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 03:56:01 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I did know that, that's why I did say not direct. You have to take first the GH561 and put in the coordinates and read it back and then finally you can see where it is. One field extra in the program TM solves everything. :)

Regards,

Albert   

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 04:34:47 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I did know that, that's why I did say not direct. You have to take first the GH561 and put in the coordinates and read it back and then finally you can see where it is. One field extra in the program TM solves everything. :)

Regards,

Albert   

Hi Albert,

Do you mean giving a hint/text for the close points or target point?

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 04:06:50 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

No, I got from a newspaper following goto N52 08.009 E5 23.500
and find a picture of "Anna Frank". I wanted of course first to see where about it was, before travelling. This was hard work because I had to load it in the watch first and then download it again to see on the map where it was!
Much better would be to have a field where you put in the coordinates and see on the map directly where it is. Especially for Geo caching this would be a good option.

Regards,

Albert   

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 09:51:52 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

No, I got from a newspaper following goto N52 08.009 E5 23.500
and find a picture of "Anna Frank". I wanted of course first to see where about it was, before travelling. This was hard work because I had to load it in the watch first and then download it again to see on the map where it was!
Much better would be to have a field where you put in the coordinates and see on the map directly where it is. Especially for Geo caching this would be a good option.

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

How about to add [detail] to show the direction and distance according to your current location if you want to see waypoint information?

Regards

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 02:36:09 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

How about to add [detail] to show the direction and distance according to your current location if you want to see waypoint information?
That is not bad, but there is no field on the moment to put the coordinates in. Ones the field is there it should not be difficult to put the waypoint on the map, is it? now the only way is to click on the map to create a waypoint.

Regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 02:55:15 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

That is not bad, but there is no field on the moment to put the coordinates in. Ones the field is there it should not be difficult to put the waypoint on the map, is it? now the only way is to click on the map to create a waypoint.

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Do you mean to put corrdination manually into database? I hope I am not misunderstanding.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 10:50:26 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

Do you mean to put corrdination manually into database? I hope I am not misunderstanding.
More ore less yes you not misunderstanding, the coordinate field should be under the point where you put in the name of the town and street. In the case of a field it is nice with a pull-down menu to have the 3 different way's of writing de coordinates. This way you  don't need to seek for a converter.

Regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 11:05:15 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

More ore less yes you not misunderstanding, the coordinate field should be under the point where you put in the name of the town and street. In the case of a field it is nice with a pull-down menu to have the 3 different way's of writing de coordinates. This way you  don't need to seek for a converter.

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Understood, I will check engineer. :D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

looking

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 06:26:49 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

Yes please the centre of the cross is then the centre of the trackpoint or waypoint if you click

Yes, good example is sporttracks, on the map side (left upper corner) pull down menu, [change] gives a good idea, if there is a trackpoint it is also easy to delete with click and [DEL] on keybord

A waypoint is something where you want to go to, it would be nice that it would do auto routing in the first place to the waypoint, if the possibility to change is there you can then change the route or go by smaller steps to the waypoint. But for Geo cashing this part is not relevant

Please explain.

Also like in sporttracks and other programs you can toggle between moving the map and edit the route, to avoid that you make trackpoint, where the intention only was to move the map to see where you going. 

Yes, but you can also do it by steps an example is that a ferry is a problem in auto routing, so it is handy to go by not to big steps to a next way or trackpoint and then the next and so on. this way you can create your own routes and don't have to do every road separate. important is the possibility to switch auto routing off or on, specially for the ferry's to start on the other side of the river again. I found out that most auto routings go around the ferry's sometimes even with 40 km to get a bridge ;D  For me auto routing is ideal because I make routes from about 100 km or more, with this tool it takes ages to create on

Don't forget it is already a lot better than it was, but I could be even better. ;D

Regards,

Albert

I would also like to have the option to drag a route point to make it fit better.

Thanks,
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 21 queries.