USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Bicycle computer and trainingdevice  (Read 21458 times)

albert

• I believe in this product
Re: Bicycle computer and trainingdevice
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 08:04:54 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

We call that as smart record in order to save more memory. BTW, how long for distance as threshold is appropriated to jump the next point when track back is actived for cycling?
I think 50 m. is OK. But coming back on smart track back.
- Auto compress when distance over 5 meter.
- To record the point when angle is over 15 degree.
do you say that the way it is now it works already with this algorithm. If yes I can not understand that some times it takes more then 200m after a new direction, to show the first point in that direction? What I try to say is that the arrow shows to me that the next point is 300m ahead while it means I have to turn into the first junction what is about 50 meters ahead. This because of the next point is so far into the next road. :(

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

albert

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2010, 08:17:44 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

I did go to an bike exhibition yesterday, there are a view new bicycle computers out whit GPS
Holux TwoNav sportiva and
Xplova G3. www.xplova.com ;)

regards,

Albert 
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2010, 12:06:39 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I did go to an bike exhibition yesterday, there are a view new bicycle computers out whit GPS
Holux TwoNav sportiva and
Xplova G3. www.xplova.com ;)

regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Are they colorful GPS? :D Do you think they are good? How about the retail price?

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 03:59:08 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

It did not look bad, both had geo cards and ANT+ They looked a bit like the garmin 700serie. the screen was not that clear. Good was that you could load in OSM and navigate with it. Cost price about 300,- ;)

Regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 10:58:29 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

It did not look bad, both had geo cards and ANT+ They looked a bit like the garmin 700serie. the screen was not that clear. Good was that you could load in OSM and navigate with it. Cost price about 300,- ;)

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Thanks for information. It is appreciated if you can post the picture and show something features.
We are finding the partner for geo map and retail price, do you have any suggestions?  :D
As our project, the capability of design would be:

- Digital carema (optinal)
- WiFi (optional)
- Gryo
- E-compass
- Touch screen with 3 inch, sun light readable
- Linux Andorid or WinCE

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 12:07:50 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,
It is appreciated if you can post the picture and show something features.
I am not at home but in Germany at the moment, so I can't send you pictures

Your questions I think a digital camera is not so important, for good quality you need a good lens any way.
Wifi could be handy if you a broad, so you can connect with other computers, so long there is a protocol that can be used so they understand each other.
Touch screen is very nice if you don't scratch it, otherwise it is better to have buttons ;). Don't forget mountain bikers like to use thinks like this as well.
An option is to have a good quality foil as cover over the screen. If that is scratched you can change it. 8) 

Regards,

Albert 

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2010, 05:07:22 am »

Hello Geoffrey,
It is appreciated if you can post the picture and show something features.
I am not at home but in Germany at the moment, so I can't send you pictures

Your questions I think a digital camera is not so important, for good quality you need a good lens any way.
Wifi could be handy if you a broad, so you can connect with other computers, so long there is a protocol that can be used so they understand each other.
Touch screen is very nice if you don't scratch it, otherwise it is better to have buttons ;). Don't forget mountain bikers like to use thinks like this as well.
An option is to have a good quality foil as cover over the screen. If that is scratched you can change it. 8) 

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your information.
Do you mean mountain biker usually like to use button than TouchScreen, due to with gloves? It is important to protect scratch of screen, we will note this.

Have a nice trip.

Geoffrey

jervanheg

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2010, 09:22:31 am »

How's the work going on the bike computer? Christmas is getting closer, the wife is asking for ideas :-)

Re. Touchscreens.
I've been using Dakota/Oregon but also Edge, Etrex, etc. My conclusions would be :
- as capacitive is out of the question/fragile/expensive, I'm assuming we're talking resistive TS here
- resistive inheritably implies less visibility... a major complaint with Dakota/Oregon  users
- and less precise controls (translated: you'd need bigger buttons to operate it using gloves)
- combine these big buttons, a required compact form factor, and the requirement for excellent visbility... and my conclusion would have to be that a touchscreen is a solution looking for a problem.

Personally, I rarely have the need to switch any screens while I'm riding, I have better things to do (...like riding). If there could possibly be any need for operating a device while riding, I'd say it would be an easy, one-button switch between data fields and map.
Any other operation would be at standstill, and there too, I fail to see much benefit of a touchscreen.

albert

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2010, 03:58:55 pm »

How's the work going on the bike computer? Christmas is getting closer, the wife is asking for ideas :-)

Re. Touchscreens.
I've been using Dakota/Oregon but also Edge, Etrex, etc. My conclusions would be :
- as capacitive is out of the question/fragile/expensive, I'm assuming we're talking resistive TS here
- resistive inheritably implies less visibility... a major complaint with Dakota/Oregon  users
- and less precise controls (translated: you'd need bigger buttons to operate it using gloves)
- combine these big buttons, a required compact form factor, and the requirement for excellent visbility... and my conclusion would have to be that a touchscreen is a solution looking for a problem.

Personally, I rarely have the need to switch any screens while I'm riding, I have better things to do (...like riding). If there could possibly be any need for operating a device while riding, I'd say it would be an easy, one-button switch between data fields and map.
Any other operation would be at standstill, and there too, I fail to see much benefit of a touchscreen.

Hello Jeroen,

I agree fully ;)

Regards, Albert

jervanheg

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2010, 02:45:54 am »

Agressive Pricing by Garmin, GS beware.... MediaMarkt selling Edge 500 (no bundle, only device) for just EUR 99....

Jeroen

breackjames

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2010, 03:55:37 am »

Altimeter and barometer of the specific characteristics of the altitude using a graphical management measures to appear and loss of altitude, and the percentage of gradients associated with ups and downs. Its temperature of ambient air barometer.

jervanheg

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2010, 05:38:19 am »

Agressive Pricing by Garmin, GS beware.... MediaMarkt selling Edge 500 (no bundle, only device) for just EUR 99....

Jeroen

False alarm... MediaMarkt (one particular branch) admitting it was a pricing error, and rectified since... still, all of their stock that I bought found new owners in the meantime, at a nice profit  ;D

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2010, 11:00:59 am »

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Amazing... It is good price! Any season promotion for them? Maybe they are refurbished device because no packaging...

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2010, 11:06:51 am »

Jeroen

False alarm... MediaMarkt (one particular branch) admitting it was a pricing error, and rectified since... still, all of their stock that I bought found new owners in the meantime, at a nice profit  ;D

So you are the lucky guy. :D What is the corrected price now?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2010, 08:52:15 pm »

Hi Albert,

What do you think on colorful (300euro) and mono color (120 euro) GPS cyclocomputer market? Which one does user really need?

For color:
GPS
ANT 2.4G (HRM, Cadence, Speed)
Barometer
Touchpanel
Topo Map
E-compass

For Mono
GPS
Barometer
ANT (HRM, Cadence, Speed)
E-compass

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 19 queries.