USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Bicycle computer and trainingdevice  (Read 21474 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Bicycle computer and trainingdevice
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 04:52:01 pm »

hallo Geoffrey,

The main job almost be done with wish list, the testing result is as good as so far. :D
We will participate HK electronics Fair in 2010 Oct 13-16 and the product will be there. :D
Expect it says hello sooner.

Very good news. :D
I hope we can test it soon, is a speed/cadance sensor included?

Hi Albert,

Yes, it includes.
Also included barometer and e-compass. :D
We will want some testers as well. :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 04:53:58 pm »

@ Zingo, Jervanheg,

Let us expect! ;)

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

• I believe in this product
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

Needless to say, I really like to test the bike computer. Great that it has barometer as well  ;D.
The weather is still good, but November will be cold here :(, but for not to long rides it is OK.  :D

Regards,

Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 10:59:46 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

Needless to say, I really like to test the bike computer. Great that it has barometer as well  ;D.
The weather is still good, but November will be cold here :(, but for not to long rides it is OK.  :D

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Of course, you have high chance to be our lucky tester. :D
But I am not sure it will be available by Nov because we havn't finish the tooling even almost features be done. Anyway, today we finished auto Zoom In/ Out feature, it will be exciting.   :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 02:43:37 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

today we finished auto Zoom In/ Out feature, it will be exciting.   :D
I like to see it in real, is it quick enough and is it scalable for different sports? With the bicycle I like it to have max 50 m but with the trackpoint to go to next in the screen as a direction. ;) So if the next trackpoint is 600 m North East it should give the global direction. Ore the trackback should work so that it thus the smart trackpoint always just after the turn off, so you know where to go.

Regards,

Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415

jervanheg

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 12:22:24 am »

I'm not sure whether this has ever been discussed, if not, here it is :-)

To me, it's one issue that should be resolved in smart trackback, or even when following planned routes, In the current way this works, when you have passed a specific trackpoint or waypoint, you have to press a button to make the arrow point to the next trackpoint (so telling the device: "ignore the trackpoint that I missed, just go to the next one)
In mountainbiking, there can be many reasons why you cannot follow the exact route and "hit" your exact trackpoint. Even bag GPS-signal can account for that. But when cycling, you simple cannot start pushing buttons to force to point to the next trackpoint. It needs a better solution for that to work automatically.

Have you ever thought about implementing a feature that shows an compass-like dial (just as the one GS already has), but underneath the arrow, the screen also shows a vertical line that represents the direct path between the two waypoints you're currently connecting. That line should move left or right of the center, indicating when (and how far) your are deviating from the planned track (not inventing anything new here, Garmin has such screen). Therefor, even when you are (or have to) deviate from the track, you would still have an indication on where the track is in combination with the compass-dial information on the next trackpoint.
The combination of all of these above features could proof to be a 100% workable navigation feature without having to switch to any map-mode.

I'd love to field-test the device also!

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 03:00:25 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

today we finished auto Zoom In/ Out feature, it will be exciting.   :D
I like to see it in real, is it quick enough and is it scalable for different sports? With the bicycle I like it to have max 50 m but with the trackpoint to go to next in the screen as a direction. ;) So if the next trackpoint is 600 m North East it should give the global direction. Ore the trackback should work so that it thus the smart trackpoint always just after the turn off, so you know where to go.

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Thanks for idea sharing.
Our alogrithm depends speed (m/sec*T) to adjust scale, so it will be no problem on different activity.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 05:22:03 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

Our alogrithm depends speed (m/sec*T) to adjust scale, so it will be no problem on different activity.

I have now quit a bit of experience with the GH625 trackback, 3 or 4 times a week I cycle with trackback.
Sometimes it is a problem that the next trackpoint is much further in a road junction (400m) then you would expect.
Then the problem is if for example 3 roads to the left within 400 meters, (because of bents in the road you can't see them). the arrow points to the left and the distance is saying 500m. Now you don't know witch to take, later by driving in the wrong one it happened to be the middle.   Also my own route made by the GH625 is not alway following the track so then you get really lost. If you make the trackback so that the to follow route is always in view there should be not so much problems.
But a little modification on trackback that it is never more than 60 m after a junction giving a new point would clear all problems I think. ;)

snow_freak

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 05:06:28 am »

Great news! I'm waiting for this functionality for many years now.
Needless to say that I'm eager to test it.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 09:58:29 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

I have now quit a bit of experience with the GH625 trackback, 3 or 4 times a week I cycle with trackback.
Sometimes it is a problem that the next trackpoint is much further in a road junction (400m) then you would expect.
Then the problem is if for example 3 roads to the left within 400 meters, (because of bents in the road you can't see them). the arrow points to the left and the distance is saying 500m. Now you don't know witch to take, later by driving in the wrong one it happened to be the middle.   Also my own route made by the GH625 is not alway following the track so then you get really lost. If you make the trackback so that the to follow route is always in view there should be not so much problems.
But a little modification on trackback that it is never more than 60 m after a junction giving a new point would clear all problems I think. ;)

Hi Albert,

It sounds a good idea, but there is a challenge to recongize the junction point by alogrithm. :D Manually recording is a way but not convenitent. :(

Regards,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 10:12:17 am »

Great news! I'm waiting for this functionality for many years now.
Needless to say that I'm eager to test it.

Hi Snow_Freak,

What kind of function are you engar to? :D
To provid the good services is our goal. :D
I will try to apply more samples for testing.

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 05:21:21 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

t sounds a good idea, but there is a challenge to recognize the junction point by algorithm.

I can understand the problem, but a junction is in most cases a big change in direction.
So if the algorithm looks also if the change in direction (>30 degree) longer is than 40m it could make a smart trackpoint.
The few who are not discoverable this way is not so much :), the only thing what cloud be increasing is the total amount on smart trackpoints.

Regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 07:49:22 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

t sounds a good idea, but there is a challenge to recognize the junction point by algorithm.

I can understand the problem, but a junction is in most cases a big change in direction.
So if the algorithm looks also if the change in direction (>30 degree) longer is than 40m it could make a smart trackpoint.
The few who are not discoverable this way is not so much :), the only thing what cloud be increasing is the total amount on smart trackpoints.

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

I think it improves quite limited, becase the recording interval is 1 sec. The resolution is high enough, however it is still difficult to recongize if there are severals way ahead with high speed. :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 04:04:55 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

I think it improves quite limited, becase the recording interval is 1 sec. The resolution is high enough, however it is still difficult to recongize if there are severals way ahead with high speed. :D

Regards,

Geoffrey

Hello Geoffrey,

I was talking about the smartpoints, in 100km ride there are about 120 points to travel to, if those could be more ore less 40 m. after a bend of >30degree it would make a different I think.
Could you talk to your technical staff to see if this could be possible? 8)

Regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 12:58:33 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Regards,

Geoffrey

Hello Geoffrey,

I was talking about the smartpoints, in 100km ride there are about 120 points to travel to, if those could be more ore less 40 m. after a bend of >30degree it would make a different I think.
Could you talk to your technical staff to see if this could be possible? 8)

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

No problem on techanical.
We have done similar scenario before:
- Auto compress when distance over 5 meter.
- To record the point when angle is over 15 degree.

We call that as smart record in order to save more memory. BTW, how long for distance as threshold is appropriated to jump the next point when track back is actived for cycling?

Regards,

Geoffrey :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 19 queries.