USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking about buying new GH-561...  (Read 9213 times)

stedyone

Thinking about buying new GH-561...
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:57:06 pm »

Greetings forum!

I have become interested in buying the new GH-561 for starting of geo-caching with my family.  I have read the user manual and I can see 2 displays of showing geo-caching.  1st method is called regular compass view, 2nd method is called map view.  Do you have another view called 'radar' view?  This is a great view for geo-caching that I have seen on iphone and android.

Can you recommend this for start of geo-caching fun with family??

Thanks you very much.

albert

• this product gives value for money
Re: Thinking about buying new GH-561...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:30:19 pm »

Greetings forum!

I have become interested in buying the new GH-561 for starting of geo-caching with my family.  I have read the user manual and I can see 2 displays of showing geo-caching.  1st method is called regular compass view, 2nd method is called map view.  Do you have another view called 'radar' view?  This is a great view for geo-caching that I have seen on iphone and android.

Can you recommend this for start of geo-caching fun with family??

Thanks you very much.

Hello,

I can recommend this to you, because it is easy to use and has other facility's
I own one and the PC software is just bean updated again to a better standard, the support is great.
Now the functions of the GH561
  • It has the possibility to create track routes with the PC software, what will say you can then walk or bike the loaded track route easy.  Because this is a intelligent system (Smart trackback), it made already an trackpoint marker so if you have a bend in the road it shows the arrow on the right upper corner giving the direction you have to go and distance, and of course you have the map with different zoom options
  • The other option is to make waypoints, this is good for Geo Caching, also this can be done on the PC. But also manual input in different standards Google, UTM and in gr min,0000. Now in map mode the arrow, like above, points in the right direction and gives the distance to the waypiont or trackpoint, more or less the same as the radar
What is very handy is the option go to start or go to end. if you put in before you start a waypoint at that place, you always find you way back by the option go to start. Go to end is of course when you stop on a different place then you started. :)
The compass rose is an option as well, or you can get the lat/long (X/Y) coordinates listed. Don't forget that the GPS in the woods can give a little error, we found out the GPS from Globalsat gives a better performance thean most others do. With a small price.

We did a few Geo caching with it and it was fun.
Have fun ;D

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:15:29 am »

Thanks for Albert's detail explanation.  :D
That's right, GH-561 support 3 different corrdination systems: (dd:mm:ss), UTM and (x.xxx y.yyy)
it is handy and easy to operation.
You may start to plan some interesting point or route from our PC Software, right now we have released new version on our website which also supports Open Street Map, not only Google. It is very detail for ourdoor appication.
And then download to your device and select GOTO or Routing finding to start geo-caching.

Have a fun!

Geoffrey :D

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
Re: Thinking about buying new GH-561...I
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 04:39:59 am »

Hi,
I am think to buy this device too.
I reviewed all features, looks like it is very good.

But I am interesting a few features which this device doesn't support:
- edit waypoints coordinates without PC (because, some time I have got coordinates in forest, I need enter it on place)
- add feature (example: GOTO2) where I can enter coordinates manualy 
- support a few formats that edit/enter coordinates (that fast select format in edit view, because I can get coordinates in different formats, and I'd not like to change global settings)
- storage more then 10 waypoints (I have seen that it is firmware 1.03 beta that support 100 waypoints - it is good.   Idea:  if possible would be good to increase to 500-1000 waypoints  and to add groups)

Will be possible to get new firmware with this features (especial 1 or 2, it is very need feature)?

Question:
Is it possible to use PocketPC with WM 6.0 that edit waypoinths on device? My pocket PC have USB host and I can plug any devices... (But need to have drivers and software for it)

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. I am C++ software developer, if I can help with this features, please write me free. 

albert

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:32:44 am »

Hello EuroAVB,

- edit waypoints coordinates without PC (because, some time I have got coordinates in forest, I need enter it on place)
- add feature (example: GOTO2) where I can enter coordinates manualy 

1. You can edit waypoints without PC, I did that a lot of times. two way's - input coordinates, or mark current place as waypoint.
2. Goto is the next you can do, simply by marking the waypoint you want and then goto.
If you have more waypoints you simply hit [OK] for next waypoint. ;D

About win mobile I don't know? :(

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:35:02 am »

Hi Albert,

1. You can edit waypoints without PC, I did that a lot of times. two way's - input coordinates, or mark current place as waypoint.

It is real very cool. When I read this forum, I have seen some persons to ask  to add this feature, but I haven't seen messages that it done. Thanks.
Will be available this feature in base firmware or need update to new?

I'd like to have 100 waypoints. Do you use last beta firmware that support 100 waypoints? If yes, is it stable firmware?

About win mobile I don't know?

It is not need when we can input coordinates manualy for waypoints without PC. Windows mobile could be alternative variant instead Laptop, if this feature was not available.

Thanks.

albert

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 04:07:02 pm »

Hello EuroAVB,

It is always better to go to the new firmware, there are no bugs (I did not discover one)
Updating can be difficult, but normally not dangerous for the device.
I don't know any more if it was in the older version.
look at this link http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=2&en_product_cnt_id=19

for more info.

By the way, the software for the PC is also good Training Manager v1.6. you could have a look at that already by downloading it. Not much fun without the device but you get a idea.

Regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 03:52:07 am »

Hello EuroAVB,

It is always better to go to the new firmware, there are no bugs (I did not discover one)
Updating can be difficult, but normally not dangerous for the device.
I don't know any more if it was in the older version.
look at this link http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=2&en_product_cnt_id=19

for more info.

By the way, the software for the PC is also good Training Manager v1.6. you could have a look at that already by downloading it. Not much fun without the device but you get a idea.

Regards,

Albert

That's right. We updating firmware and software regularly. You may get the updatest information from our website.

Regards,
Geoffrey

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 01:28:09 pm »

Hi
I have bought this device. It must arrive to me in a few days.

I have downloaded some software while wait device and I have few questions:

1. I have downloaded and installed PC Software Travel Manager V1.6. This setup file include driver for GH-561 or I must install driver separately?

2. If not include driver, which better to use ("USB driver(*.exe ) - Windows XP (32bit) & Vista (32bit & 64bit)"  or  "USB driver (*inf )-WinXP, Vista 32, 64bits, Win7").  Is it same (I understand that one is pack in EXE file, other is in "inf" file only)?

3. I am planing update firmware to Firmware 1.03 Beta. I have downloaded firmware file and "Easy firmware update tool new". In manual of update tools in #2 is
"You also need to install STM DFU driver for the device..." 
I can see need files (STDFU.inf and STTub30.sys), but I don't understand how install it.
As a rule I install devices two ways: 1. install drivers as EXE file, or 2. Plug device in to USB first, then after recognize device, I select "*.inf" file (or select folder) in showed dialog window.

Now we have INF file but I must plug device in #3 after install driver. Can you explain me how do it, or send link where is describe installation steps.

Thanks.

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 11:20:21 am »

Hi, I have got device  :)

I have updated firmware to 1.03 beta. When I look at info screen I see version 1.0.
Before update firmware I have seen version as 1.04. I was surprised because on site I haven't seen v1.04...

Look like device work well. But it is one problem - I can't sync information in  Travel Manager V1.6. I tried with base firmware and with 1.03 beta.
I have installed USB driver. When I plug device to PC - it charge. When press power button, I have got message that I want sync, and I press Yes...

I can see this device in device manager. But I have got error in  Travel Manager V1.6.

I use windows XP SP3.
My screenshot is here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3476218/Temp/GPS_NOT_SYNC.PNG

Please help me,
Thanks.

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 03:34:57 am »

But it is one problem - I can't sync information in  Travel Manager V1.6

Looks like I install incorrect driver. I used *inf file instead exe and install driver in windows hardware popup window.
I tried to install driver from EXE file on other PS, and do all steps as wrote in installer. All work well.
But I can't do it on my PC. I tried reinstall driver and try to use different USB sockets... Possible is way to fix it?
Thanks.

I am very satisfied this device - recommend for geocaching

If possible, would be well to add some small improvements with support addition GPS coordinate formats, in preferences that I can enter waypoints in Degrees and UTM formats:
 - Degrees (Example: 49.44420 25.668861) - as a rule we use this format here.
 - UTM     

Also I thought that I can see my speed in main view, but looks like this feature is not available.
It would be additional feature and additional "+" for this device, if we can have view that we can see speed (average, and max speed).
I am is fun of snowboard and I'd like to see my speed. I don't like to buy additional device for snowboard, as I have snowboard a few times per year.

Thanks again for wonderful device with good price.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 08:22:02 am »

Hi, I have got device  :)

I have updated firmware to 1.03 beta. When I look at info screen I see version 1.0.
Before update firmware I have seen version as 1.04. I was surprised because on site I haven't seen v1.04...

Look like device work well. But it is one problem - I can't sync information in  Travel Manager V1.6. I tried with base firmware and with 1.03 beta.
I have installed USB driver. When I plug device to PC - it charge. When press power button, I have got message that I want sync, and I press Yes...

I can see this device in device manager. But I have got error in  Travel Manager V1.6.

I use windows XP SP3.
My screenshot is here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3476218/Temp/GPS_NOT_SYNC.PNG

Please help me,
Thanks.

Dear customer,

Thanks for using our product.
I think it is not INF driver problem because it compatibles to XP, Vista and Win7, but EXE doesn't support Win7.
I think you may try to plug another USB port or rename COM Port number, because it may conflict another device.
About firmware updating, it is necessary to install DFU driver for upgrading.

Regards,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 08:32:51 am »

Dear customer,

Here is my comments:

Looks like I install incorrect driver. I used *inf file instead exe and install driver in windows hardware popup window.
I tried to install driver from EXE file on other PS, and do all steps as wrote in installer. All work well.
But I can't do it on my PC. I tried reinstall driver and try to use different USB sockets... Possible is way to fix it?
Thanks.
[Geoffrey] It should not driver problem, perhaps confilct on COM port. Try plug another USB port or rename COM port number as 8 or 9. It should work.

I am very satisfied this device - recommend for geocaching
[Geoffrey] It is our pleasure! Thanks. :D

If possible, would be well to add some small improvements with support addition GPS coordinate formats, in preferences that I can enter waypoints in Degrees and UTM formats:
 - Degrees (Example: 49.44420 25.668861) - as a rule we use this format here.
 - UTM     

[Geoffrey] We have new firmware as V1.07 already support this. Please email me if any interest.

Also I thought that I can see my speed in main view, but looks like this feature is not available.
It would be additional feature and additional "+" for this device, if we can have view that we can see speed (average, and max speed).
I am is fun of snowboard and I'd like to see my speed. I don't like to buy additional device for snowboard, as I have snowboard a few times per year.
[Geoffrey] It should no problem, we will discuss with engineer team and get you back. How do think to add a additional page with quarter window to show more information? If possible, can you let us know more information needed for snowboard?

Thanks again for wonderful device with good price.
[Geoffrey] We will keep providing the best services to you. It is our pleasure.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 06:22:47 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

[Geoffrey] It should no problem, we will discuss with engineer team and get you back. How do think to add a additional page with quarter window to show more information? If possible, can you let us know more information needed for snowboard?

I thought about view for snowboard, and I made mock-up.

I think we can use "OK" ("6") button that show this view like we show map view. In main view we twice press OK button. After first press - we see map view, after second press OK we see this view.

I think we can have/remember a few copies information 5 or 9 (max - 9,  that have one number). It will depend form hardware, how many information we can   storage on this device...
  We can see "3" in right/up corner on mock-up - it is current view. I think we can use buttons TRACK BACK/SCROLL ("4"/"5") that change this view   number (1-9)

I have made 3 groups, SPEED, TIME, DISTANCE.
  SPEED group have:
  - current speed (font is biggest)
  - maximal speed
  - average speed

TIME:
  - time

DIST
  - distance

Also i think that use "FIND WAYPOINT" ("3") button that clear information in selected view. After press "3" button, old information for selected view (on this screen shot current view is "3") delete, and GPS start calculate new information.

Possible, when we press "3" button, we need show ask question,   "Do you want clear data?" (yes/no buttons). But need think about it,   or let configure it in options menu. Because without this question we can   use this view as "stopwatch" too, and additional question will   incommode/obstruct do it. But without menu user can clear data when   device will in pocket. But button press nought hard...

Also, if hardware doesn't let to have 9 (or less) views, we don't need   show view number in TOP/RIGHT corner.

Also, we need use X/Y/Z coordinates that correct calculate speed and distance, because when snowboard go from top mountain down, we will have big angle...!!!

Andriy

EuroAVB

• Regular Members
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 08:20:22 am »

I forgot about bottom line where show battery power, compass, and GPS signal level.
Because it is 2 ways:
1. remove "AVG" speed line
or
2. decrease fonts...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 20 queries.