USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver installation in Windows 7  (Read 6039 times)

Pwei

• Regular Members
Driver installation in Windows 7
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:40:05 pm »

Hi,

unfortunately I have not been successful in installing the device driver for the GH-561 on Windows 7 so far.

Initially I had tried the setup from CD, until you let me know that I should install via the .inf file for Windows 7.

So I downloaded the .inf file (stmcdc.inf) and even rebuild my Win 7 (32 Bit) fresh.

I then connect the device (powered on) and windows tells me there is no driver found. I go to device manager where the device "STM32 Virtual Com Port" shows with an exclamation mark.
I select there to udpate the driver and point windows to the directory with the stmcdc.inf.
Windows gives a warning that the driver is not signed - and I tell windows to still install it.

After windows finished the device unfortunately shows in device manager with an error:
"The device driver was installed but the device could not be started (Code 10)". This error persists after a reboot.

Any advice what to do?

I also tried on Windows 7 (64Bit) but here windows does not even recognize the .inf as a valid driver. I think this is caused by the sections in the .inf only having ".nt" as platform and not ".ntamd64". Maybe removing the limitation of ".nt" could work around this issue but I did not try it, as the .inf is also not working for me on 32bit.

Hope you find a solution for this - I will setup a Windows Vista VM to continue to get the software to run there.

Thanks and best regards - Pwei

PS: I havenīt been able yet to upgrade the firmware for the same reason of the missing driver ...

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Driver installation in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 08:31:38 am »

Hi,

unfortunately I have not been successful in installing the device driver for the GH-561 on Windows 7 so far.

Initially I had tried the setup from CD, until you let me know that I should install via the .inf file for Windows 7.

So I downloaded the .inf file (stmcdc.inf) and even rebuild my Win 7 (32 Bit) fresh.

I then connect the device (powered on) and windows tells me there is no driver found. I go to device manager where the device "STM32 Virtual Com Port" shows with an exclamation mark.
I select there to udpate the driver and point windows to the directory with the stmcdc.inf.
Windows gives a warning that the driver is not signed - and I tell windows to still install it.

After windows finished the device unfortunately shows in device manager with an error:
"The device driver was installed but the device could not be started (Code 10)". This error persists after a reboot.

Any advice what to do?

I also tried on Windows 7 (64Bit) but here windows does not even recognize the .inf as a valid driver. I think this is caused by the sections in the .inf only having ".nt" as platform and not ".ntamd64". Maybe removing the limitation of ".nt" could work around this issue but I did not try it, as the .inf is also not working for me on 32bit.

Hope you find a solution for this - I will setup a Windows Vista VM to continue to get the software to run there.

Thanks and best regards - Pwei

PS: I havenīt been able yet to upgrade the firmware for the same reason of the missing driver ...

Hi Pwei,

Sorry for my late response.
Finally, vendor has released the all-in-one USB driver, you can go http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=2&en_product_cnt_id=19 for downloading.
So, please try again and upgrading firmware and don't heasitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Driver installation in Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:02:53 pm »

Look carefully at the beginning and make sure the boot sequence looks like a DVD player. I have found from time to time, Windows 95, remove the boot device is normal. Wait 3 minutes. off, install the cable of the agreements to ensure the selection of devices. Master or slave. Start a DVD player that you like.

It sounds interesting, likes wait for 5 minutes for my slow PC. :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.472 seconds with 19 queries.