USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purpose of editing waypoints?  (Read 1372 times)

jervanheg

Purpose of editing waypoints?
« on: October 25, 2010, 07:42:08 am »

Given that the device is designed to be as hassle-free as possible, I was wondering why this function is offered?
When selecting a route (previsously created on PC), you have the option to select/edit/remove a waypoint (or trackpoint, if you like).
I wonder if this isn't an over-engineered solution? After all, when you have no map, no PC, no coordinates, on which base will you add/edit/remove a point? Since you don't have an idea where the trackpoint is, which trackpoint you are changing, and which coordinates to use when changing it?

The only possible reason I can think of is entering a specific location to be visited while you're navigating (such as a geocache)... but even then, how will you know which trackpoint to change, given that you don't have any reference points?
It would only make sense if you're doing so when sitting next to a PC with the Travel Software running, so you can actually see which trackpoint to change... which defeates the point.

Jeroen

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Purpose of editing waypoints?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:03:44 am »

Given that the device is designed to be as hassle-free as possible, I was wondering why this function is offered?
When selecting a route (previsously created on PC), you have the option to select/edit/remove a waypoint (or trackpoint, if you like).
I wonder if this isn't an over-engineered solution? After all, when you have no map, no PC, no coordinates, on which base will you add/edit/remove a point? Since you don't have an idea where the trackpoint is, which trackpoint you are changing, and which coordinates to use when changing it?

The only possible reason I can think of is entering a specific location to be visited while you're navigating (such as a geocache)... but even then, how will you know which trackpoint to change, given that you don't have any reference points?
It would only make sense if you're doing so when sitting next to a PC with the Travel Software running, so you can actually see which trackpoint to change... which defeates the point.

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

It seems a good idea.
To edit the waypoint of route is possible. We propose that you can opent the route and to see the detail of each point. And you can select the interest point to make moddification. But if you would have a reference point to make modification, we have to think the scenario. Do you have any detail suggestion?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

• I believe in this product
Re: Purpose of editing waypoints?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:14:03 pm »

Hello Jeroen and Geoffrey,

It is use full to have edit and add, because with multi geocache you get along the way new coordinates to go to in long. lat. value, those you have to fill in and then follow them.

Regards,

Albert   
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 18 queries.