USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailrunner for Mac does support GH-615/GH-625. Please try and comment.  (Read 6992 times)

canadien

Now you can say that I am a real lunatic. All this time without knowing that TR was already supporting GH-615 and GH-625 watch. What a shame! I started using Trailrunner this last weekend. I used Load My Track apart to create a gpx file and then "open with" Trailrunner. But today I realized that when clicking import in TR, it prompts Load My Track to open. You can then choose the Globalsat GH-615 option.

Everything is going well so far. But there's one thing I've remarked, laps do not show up. It is the same for you? 

canadien

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Trailrunner for Mac does support GH-615/GH-625. Please try and comment.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:58:35 am »

Now you can say that I am a real lunatic. All this time without knowing that TR was already supporting GH-615 and GH-625 watch. What a shame! I started using Trailrunner this last weekend. I used Load My Track apart to create a gpx file and then "open with" Trailrunner. But today I realized that when clicking import in TR, it prompts Load My Track to open. You can then choose the Globalsat GH-615 option.

Everything is going well so far. But there's one thing I've remarked, laps do not show up. It is the same for you?

Hi Simon,

It is a good news!  :D  I wanna borrow my colleague's Mac PC to test. I found it does support GH-615 only, that is why the lap can't be show up.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:14:49 pm »

Are you sure?

Look in the middle of this page http://www.cluetrust.com/LoadMyTracks.html, LMT does not import lap on the GH-615.

I wrote them about that asking them if they can add lap import in the near future (a sportwatch without its laps is like man without his woman ???).

But now are you saying that even if they add lap import for GH-615, GH-625M won't be affected[size=8]?[/size]

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 10:09:22 pm »

Are you sure?

Look in the middle of this page http://www.cluetrust.com/LoadMyTracks.html, LMT does not import lap on the GH-615.

I wrote them about that asking them if they can add lap import in the near future (a sportwatch without its laps is like man without his woman ???).

But now are you saying that even if they add lap import for GH-615, GH-625M won't be affected[size=8]?[/size]

Hi Simon,

The protocol is same between GH-625B/M but little different to GH-615.
Here is the communication protocol of GH-625: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zk5xc92mi5pq82v/GH625-COMMUNICATION_SPECS_20080508.pdf
Before downloading, it can recognize the model and then switch protocl.

Does the using scenario of TRx is to load file by LMT as GPX or KML first and then import into TRx? ???

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:12:38 pm by TWG_TECH4 »

canadien

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 10:21:38 pm »

HI Geoffrey,,,

I think this would be the last option. After that, I abandon. Do you know relatives at Globalsat that have contact with cluetrust company. Cause once integrated to Load My Track, it will be automatically add to Trailrunner.

I'll send them the communication protocol, but I would be glad if someone at Globalsat could approach them on that matter.

Cheers,

Simon

DonDuron

• Regular Members
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 01:29:36 am »

HI Geoffrey,,,

I think this would be the last option. After that, I abandon. Do you know relatives at Globalsat that have contact with cluetrust company. Cause once integrated to Load My Track, it will be automatically add to Trailrunner.

I'll send them the communication protocol, but I would be glad if someone at Globalsat could approach them on that matter.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi,
thank you for your great affort.
meanwhile i have tried loadmytracks, but as already pointed out, its not compatible to GH-625.
if there is anything we mac user can do to support you, please let us know.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 02:32:53 am »

HI Geoffrey,,,

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your support. I will try to contact them. Are TRx and LMT different company?
I am not very understand "Cause once integrated to Load My Track, it will be automatically add to Trailrunner.", can you please explain more?

Regards,

Geoffrey

jack4ya

• Regular Members
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 04:51:15 am »

HI Geoffrey,,,

Cheers,

Simon

Hi,
meanwhile i have tried loadmytracks, but as already pointed out, its not compatible to GH-625.

Wut??
I have it up and running! with GH-625m...

canadien

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 05:48:20 am »

Yes they are different companys.

Trailrunner incorporate small app to upload GPS data. You can choose the one you want to use in the preference panel of Trailrunner. For instance there is:
- Load My Track (for Garmin, Globalsat, Lowrance, Magellan, Timex, Tom Tom and Sony devices)
- Suunto MovesLink (for Suunto device)
- Track record with sonic link (for polar devices)
- Garmin training center (Garmin forerunner and Garmin Edge devices)
- Nike plus
- etc.

Each of those app are included in the TR. You can switch between those as many times as you want. Once selected, if you clic the import button the chosen app pop up and then you can upload your data following the instruction of each app (usually one or two step instruction).

So for us, there are two realistics solution. 1) 
That Globalsat add GH-615, GH-625, GH-505, etc. support to their Globalsynch app http://www.usglobalsat.com/compatible_software/macosx_software.html
When done, berbie will incorporate the app into TR.

This is the most intelligent move for Globalsat because it shows the serious and the importance of the company with this little branded app. And everytime a new device is added in the software (ex: the coming GH-625xt), berbie included this new update in a new download update of TR. Etc..

This is the most intelligent move, but I fear Globalsat tech have no time right now to work on that.

So, meanwhile, there is this other option 2):
Load my track, that is already incorporated in Trailrunner, has support for the GH-615 and GH-625 (non official but it works). The problem is that, as show in the image below, lap import is not support in Load My Track. So the solution is to ask Load My Track (ClueTrust) to integrated lap import for GH-615 and GH-625 devices (we can even ask them to support GH-505 and any other devices such as those bike GPS logger).

We can also ask another third party (open source software) such as GPSbabel to support Globalsat device. Actually GPSbabel is not incorporated in TR but and berbie as made it easy to manually do so.

Now is it a be clearer? (I know my english is not always digest)

canadien

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 05:54:02 am »

Wut??
I have it up and running! with GH-625m...
He!.. He!... that was a big hidden secret  ;) It was supported since 2008.05.28 ;D
http://www.cluetrust.com/news.html But knew that (at least not on this forum).

The only thing is that you can't import lap from our GPS watch. Please write to ClueTrust to add this feature.

Thanks!

canadien

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 06:02:40 am »

ehhh... I meant but no one knew that (at least not on this forum).

Sheshhh mods, can you please enable post editing (I know you can 8)). Who's the webmaster?
I've already asked. Some other users as well... (those that aren't perfectly bilingual and always need to make afterwards corrections to their text).

thanks

canadien

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 06:05:28 am »

Hi,
[/quote]
Have you tried to import data under the Globalsat GH-615 option? Here it works flawlessly!

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 01:55:57 am »

Hi,
Have you tried to import data under the Globalsat GH-615 option? Here it works flawlessly!
[/quote]

Hi, Simon,

I contact them but no response.
I have to learn to use Mac first and then to experience. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 05:27:34 pm »

Thanks Geoffrey. No response here neither.

I want to make a little update of my description of Trailrunner: there is only Load My track of integrated when you installed TR. The others apps must be download prior of having them integrated.
You have to go in Trailrunner menu > preferences > synchronisation to see what I am talking about.

But like I wrote, it would be nice if Globalsat could have their own little app (a follow up of Global Synch) as a download option. 

Finally I decided to write to Rubitrack as well to keep another door open... I'll keep you update on this one.

Have a nice weekend!

Simon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 18 queries.