USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-625 new firmware come in soon~  (Read 6471 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: GH-625 new firmware come in soon~
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:14:23 am »

When could we expect this new firmware ? :)

Dear customer,

Thanks for care our progressing.
It is a big implementation for us, and we are under testing now. If luck, we expect to release tomorrow.

However, it will be call "beta version", since we removed some of the debugging mode to reserve more space.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

ultrapetita

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 02:24:47 am »

This sounds good!

How about the cumulative error, will it be fixed for this FW?

Could it be possible for you to list all the improved items for the new FW?

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 04:44:11 am »

This sounds good!

Dear Ultrapetita,

We will release firmware today, but without correction of cumulative error.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:41 am »

So I have to do interval training this weekend  ;D I was going to have a nice slow long distance run... well maybe I can do both.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 05:03:45 am »

So I have to do interval training this weekend  ;D I was going to have a nice slow long distance run... well maybe I can do both.

Welcome! ;D

ultrapetita

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 06:24:34 am »

This sounds good!

This is a little bit disappointing information as one would imagine that the interval training (if based on distance) requires accurate lap distances. (Anyway, now that my 505 is working quite reliably, this is not a problem for me anymore as the 505 lap calculation is working very well, but some 615/625 users may still "suffer" from inaccurate lap calculation)

Dear Ultrapetita,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 05:31:58 am »

This sounds good!

This is a little bit disappointing information as one would imagine that the interval training (if based on distance) requires accurate lap distances. (Anyway, now that my 505 is working quite reliably, this is not a problem for me anymore as the 505 lap calculation is working very well, but some 615/625 users may still "suffer" from inaccurate lap calculation)

Dear Ultrapetita,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

No message? ???

canadien

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 11:59:39 am »

Ultrapetita's hidden answer:

canadien

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 02:19:31 pm »

Dear Ultrapetita,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

What Geoffrey and Utrpetita are talking in this post (cumulative error)?? Altought I never compare with 625, I knew there was a slight difference between 505 and 625m. But, today I compare with GB-580 and on 10km there is about 100meter difference!!! It's probably the same with 625m. This is a big difference and a serious problem for longer distance reliability. I think it should deserve highest priority.

I have no choice to compare distance with another device or a car to see who's right...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:36:28 pm by canadien »

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 06:44:20 am »

Hi canadien,
the Cumulative Error they are talking about is a problem of Auto-Lap-function. Normaly the Auto-Lap 1k should take a Lap-time every 1000m. GH625 ist taking it around 1k. If the first KM is a little to long it will take the next lap-distance a little shorter. Lapn + Lap(n+1) = 2k and so on. But in real the distance is getting cumulative longer than n x 1k with the number of laps.

What you are talking about is - I think - the accuracy of the track. The tracklines recorded with GH-505 weren´t as straight als them recorded with GH625. So the result is a longer distance with GH-505 especialy while running. But: This only seems to be a problem when the speed is low. On the bike GH-505 works very fine. This is my experiance.

Happy weekend

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

canadien

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 08:43:01 pm »

What you are talking about is - I think - the accuracy of the track. The tracklines recorded with GH-505 weren´t as straight als them recorded with GH625. So the result is a longer distance with GH-505 especialy while running. But: This only seems to be a problem when the speed is low. On the bike GH-505 works very fine. This is my experience.

Thanks for your clarification longjog. I nearly had a panic attack when I saw it the first time.

But if the distance of 505 isn't as straight than 625m and is also longer, is it not suppose to mean that it is more detailed, so more precise?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:14:06 pm by canadien »

canadien

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 05:11:50 pm »

Today I went running with 625m and 625xt and there is still a notable difference!! It is because 6 25xt is more precise??

My distance/speed comparison will continue this time between 625xt and GB-580.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 01:01:49 pm »

Just out of curiousity: how much is notable difference?

Anders

canadien

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 06:21:07 pm »

Not sure yet sure, but like longjob said it seem to depend of the speed. I earase my data but I think it was something like 15m by every 3km. Maybe more... Today I tried GB-580 and 625xt on my scooter at high speed for 5 km and there was only 2 or 3 meters difference.

I will soon try 625M, GB-580 and 625xt at slow speed. All on my lateral bike bar. If there is a difference, I think it might be firmware related.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 11:07:59 am »

Not sure yet sure, but like longjob said it seem to depend of the speed. I earase my data but I think it was something like 15m by every 3km. Maybe more... Today I tried GB-580 and 625xt on my scooter at high speed for 5 km and there was only 2 or 3 meters difference.

I will soon try 625M, GB-580 and 625xt at slow speed. All on my lateral bike bar. If there is a difference, I think it might be firmware related.

Hi Canadian,

Any interest found?
Please be noted, GB-580 supports hybrid training which means the HRM, time will be record when timer is getting started even GPS is not fix. For sure, the total time will be not reset to "0" when GPS get fixed. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 19 queries.