USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: BU 353 drops out with navigation program  (Read 8601 times)

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: BU 353 drops out with navigation program
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 12:39:51 pm »

Have you tried testing the device with our testing program, GPSInfo? Were you able to experience the same screen freezing issue? If not, please test the BU-353 with the GPSInfo and let them run for awhile. Please observe if you're able to duplicate the issue.

I'm using the same version of the GPSInfo (S-OPC-07-1109151.) and I'm able to determine the firmware version with it. Please make sure to follow the instructions stated here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3514.msg8979#msg8979

Like I mentioned here (http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1009.msg13230#msg13230), you need to make sure that Delorme and the Prolific driver is updated to the latest version. Also, allow the Microsoft updates to be installed in your computer, so everything has the current versions. Another way, you can determine where the issue lies is to test device with the GPSInfo (as stated earlier) and see if you experience the screen freezing issue.

JWalker

• Regular Members
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 02:54:17 pm »

No telling why my GPS Info is different from yours but it is.  No doubt my firmware is outdated due to the 6-7 year age of my BU 353.  It seems like updating firmware is not user friendly so I will keep what I have.  Hopefully changing transmit/receive speed to 1 will do the trick.  If not I will concede defeat.  My July 27,12 dated drive must me up to date.  Thanks for your help.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 06:39:59 pm »

If we have the same versions of the GPSInfo, they should not be different at all. Perhaps, the firmware is outdated since you have the device for about 6-7 years. If you ever need to update the firmware, please register your product first and generate a support ticket within our system here: (http://usglobalsat.com/store/signin.aspx?ReturnURL=support/). Also, if you encounter the screen freezing issue, just make sure that everything is updated. Thanks.

JWalker

• Regular Members
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 12:42:03 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  The GPS Info that I recently downloaded and installed on my Win 7 Pro looks very different than yours.  If I can find a way to copy the screen and post it I will do that.  There is no way I can get my firmware # from my GPS Info.  I will pursue the link you gave me if I need to look at firmware update.  I am hoping that the transmit/receive speed set to 1 will do the trick.  If now I will consider looking at the firmware.   

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 01:53:24 pm »

If you're referring to the GPSInfo version in the forum posting (http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3514.msg8979#msg8979) that was provided, the physical user interface looks different, but the process in getting the firmware version is the same.

I'm not sure why you're unable to get the firmware version, perhaps, you just need to reinstall the driver, plug-in the device to different USB ports, or restart your computer.

If you ever decide to proceed with the firmware update, please register your product first and generate a support ticket.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 20 queries.