USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Windsurfing, Sailing GPS paradise  (Read 15288 times)

Dardard

• Regular Members
Re: Windsurfing, Sailing GPS paradise
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 03:23:54 pm »

Hi Geoffey,

Top button is a good thing, but only for a single button that can be easily reach (eg Polar watches).
In the GT-11 case, all controls are made from the top. As the product is fully sealed, the joystick is rubber covered and small so when doing sport it is difficult to handle correctly. In addition, you navigate in the menu with the joystick and you validate your choice by pressing on it. Another annoying thing is the escape button that is also power off, a short press is escape, a longer is power off. But during exercice if you press too long or sometime a second press to be sure that the first  have been taken into account and POUF ! you switch off your device.

Regards
Jean-Yves

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 06:36:57 am »

Hi Geoffey,

Top button is a good thing, but only for a single button that can be easily reach (eg Polar watches).
In the GT-11 case, all controls are made from the top. As the product is fully sealed, the joystick is rubber covered and small so when doing sport it is difficult to handle correctly. In addition, you navigate in the menu with the joystick and you validate your choice by pressing on it. Another annoying thing is the escape button that is also power off, a short press is escape, a longer is power off. But during exercice if you press too long or sometime a second press to be sure that the first  have been taken into account and POUF ! you switch off your device.

Regards
Jean-Yves

Hi Jean-Yves,

I think so. It is not convenient to operate while in activity.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

holden

• Regular Members
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 10:28:29 am »

hi folks,

i am all in! i have been using gh 615 with the latest gh 625 firmware for years now. i bought it when i got into kitesurfing course races. check out this thread i started more than a year ago:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=932.0

right now i use it to record data of course and i analyse later on the computer. if you set some waypoints right you can also, with some practice, estimate your upwind performance.

h.

Hi Holden,

Nice to see you again! Our marketing would like to implement this kind application into our model to provide more wide services.
Do you mean VMG? It is no problem for us and we are checking the way to improve speed through Doppler and Tom's function.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

yeah, VMG. this and the doppler improved speed would be awesome! i would be glad to do testing. what device do you want to improve? 625XT? i still use the 615 with 625 firmware, still working like a charm. neighter salt water nor sub zero (celsius) temperature can destroy it. i am tryin hard, but no chance.

h.

h.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 10:18:22 pm »

hi folks,

i am all in! i have been using gh 615 with the latest gh 625 firmware for years now. i bought it when i got into kitesurfing course races. check out this thread i started more than a year ago:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=932.0

right now i use it to record data of course and i analyse later on the computer. if you set some waypoints right you can also, with some practice, estimate your upwind performance.

h.

Hi Holden,

Nice to see you again! Our marketing would like to implement this kind application into our model to provide more wide services.
Do you mean VMG? It is no problem for us and we are checking the way to improve speed through Doppler and Tom's function.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

yeah, VMG. this and the doppler improved speed would be awesome! i would be glad to do testing. what device do you want to improve? 625XT? i still use the 615 with 625 firmware, still working like a charm. neighter salt water nor sub zero (celsius) temperature can destroy it. i am tryin hard, but no chance.

h.

h.

Hi Holden,

We may consider GH-625 or GH-505 first and then put in GH-625XT.
Maybe you can join our tester group. ;)

sincerely,

Geoffrey

seglare86

• Regular Members
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 12:30:44 am »

Hello,

Received my testing unit yesterday and have only played with it inside so far but 2 things that would be very useful for sailing related purposes are:

1. One of the datafields on the custome pages should be heading (compass direction).
2. Another useful datafield would be change in direction (compared to last [30s] average direction) shown by an arrow pointing either right (if heading changes to the right) or left (if heading changing to the left). Length of the arrow (-> vs. --->)or number of arrows (> vs. >>>) can be used to show how fast direction is changing or how far current direction is compared to the average over the last [30s]. Reason for this is that when sailing towards the wind, a sailing boat have a fixed angle towards the wind. If the direction of the wind changes, it is useful to know as then it might be a good idea to tack and sail the other way.

Andreas

holden

• Regular Members
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 05:45:31 am »

hi Geoffrey,

totally! i would love to test it. i want to get into testing my raceboard in one or two weeks so the timing is perfect.

h.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 10:42:45 am »

hi Geoffrey,

totally! i would love to test it. i want to get into testing my raceboard in one or two weeks so the timing is perfect.

h.

Hi Holden,

Surely thing! We also study Tide now, it seems interest.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

christophe

• Regular Members
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 04:03:52 am »

Hello,

it seems this thread has been asleep for quite a while...

Has there been any progress made on a sailing/kitesurfing firmware?
Can i try to update my GH-505 (even if in beta version) to get access to those features?

thank you

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 03:55:45 am »

Hello Christophe,

Sorry update lately. Our engineering team is almost occupied for ODM projects.
We will move to this topic once release. Since GH-505 is stop production, perhaps we can implement on GH-625XT or GH-601 (KeyMaze300 platform).
We are willing to arrange sample to you if you interest. Is it important for data logging?

Have a nice weekend,

Geoffrey

christophe

• Regular Members
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 03:41:27 am »

Hi Geoffrey

I would love to try it! what do i need to do?

I did choose the GH505 because of it's extended water resistance though, most of my activities are water based (kitesurf racing, sailing and Stand Up paddling)

Thanks
Christophe

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:38 am »

Hi Geoffrey

I would love to try it! what do i need to do?

I did choose the GH505 because of it's extended water resistance though, most of my activities are water based (kitesurf racing, sailing and Stand Up paddling)

Thanks
Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Since GH-505 is no more production, we plan to implement the features into GH-601 (IPX7) and also willing to invite you join us. ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 09:00:40 pm »

Is IPX7 suitable for windfsurf?

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 01:40:27 am »

Is IPX7 suitable for windfsurf?

Normally it is fine, no body want to like this. ;)

holden

• Regular Members
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 05:52:02 am »

i had been using the GH-615M for over 300 hours of kitesurfing, even in winter. i think now after three years of abuse there is little moisture inside. i still use it for running. for kitesurfing i now use my GH-625M  ::)

h.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 05:55:19 am »

i had been using the GH-615M for over 300 hours of kitesurfing, even in winter. i think now after three years of abuse there is little moisture inside. i still use it for running. for kitesurfing i now use my GH-625M  ::)

h.

Hi Holden,

Nice to see you again. I believe that GH-615 has became your good partner. ;)
Now we are working on new device with kitesurfing functions. Can you advise what are the key features for kitesurfing and what is the competitive price?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 19 queries.