USGlobalSat GPS Forums > GPS Technology - General

Different Types of GPS Systems

(1/2) > >>

USG_TECH7:
Welcome everyone!!!
You ask yourself ...what different types of GPS systems are available?
Today there is a huge selection of GPS systems catering for the needs of different applications and users.
The basic units are just the plain old receiver with minimal set of features. A basic unit can be bought for around 100 dollars.These simple devices have the basic functionality of reporting the location in terms of latitude and longitude. They may also have a base map (a very high level map that contains major highways and few Points of Interests) of a region. Basic units have limited processor and memory capacity.These units are ideal for a person with low budget whom would like to use GPS for basic navigation, educational activities and fun.

We would like to classify these systems under following main categories:

* Sports / Training Units
* Portable Units
* Car GPS systems
* Double DIN systems
* PDA based Systems
* Laptop based Systems

More on this topic can be found at http://www.usglobalsat.com/t-gps_variations.aspx

Smileme:
 My ZorroGPS may be the car GPS system or protable units.

TWG_TECH8:

--- Quote from: Smileme on September 01, 2009, 02:54:52 am --- My ZorroGPS may be the car GPS system or protable units.

--- End quote ---

Hi,

I am interested about the model name.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

danny07:
visit www.GPS4NET.com

techalfa:
Hi, GPS (Global Positioning System) is a navigational system involving satellites and computers that can determine the latitude and longitude of a receiver on Earth by computing the time difference for signals from different satellites to reach the receiver. See Growth of GPS tracking

Hope this will help you too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version