USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MR-350 stops responding after 20-30 seconds  (Read 881 times)

haze

MR-350 stops responding after 20-30 seconds
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:00:11 pm »

I have this strange issue: my MR-350 stops sending it's NMEA-stream about 20 seconds after plugging it in. 

I can see the NMEA strings coming via the GPSinfo.exe utility, but after about 20 seconds, that just stops.  Only unplugging en plugging it back in (or disabling and enabling via the device manager) brings it back, for another short run.
I suppose the Prolific driver has installed correctly (I can see it in the device manager on Com 6), I used the Win-all-in-one driver from the website. The OS of the system tested: Win XP Pro SP3.

When inserted in a Linux (ubuntu) machine and issueing "stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 ispeed 4800 && cat < /dev/ttyUSB0" the MR-350 keeps happily running.  So it's unlikely the problem is in the device itself.

Does anyone has experienced something like this before?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:01:53 pm by haze »

haze

Re: MR-350 stops responding after 20-30 seconds
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:10:44 am »

Got it fixed!!

This is what I did:
  • uninstalled the prolific driver, and everything that came with it
  • disconnected the MR-350 and left it disconnected for the weekend (to drain the battery and force it to factory settings)
  • connected only the serial-to usb adapter, and manually installed ser2pl.sys driver from the provided CD
  • rebooted
  • connect the MR-350 to the prolific adapter and checked with GPSinfo.exe

It was only untill I did ALL these steps in THIS sequence, things started to work again...
It is now spawning NMEA strings for the whole night already, so I suppose it should be ok now.

Relieved sigh... Glad I discovered this at home and not while on a trip ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.