USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange ND-100S  (Read 1684 times)

oxyram

Strange ND-100S
« on: December 20, 2010, 03:08:34 pm »

Oky today i got a ND-100S from an ebay. Now i have installed on XP SP3 on my laptop. I'm using SirfDemo 3.38 for testing the dongle. I can connect to the dongle and i see Response view and Debug View but ther is no sattlelits found and i have been allmost and hour out side in clear sky but nothing.
No i have playd with settings and i have figure out that if i reset the dongle (Hot start, warm start...) then for an second or two i can see the sattelits but after they disapper and then there is no data.
What could be wrong ? Is the dongle faulty ? mybe battery ?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Strange ND-100S
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 07:49:22 pm »

First, did you download the drivers from the website from the CD or from the USG Website? Also, have you tried plugging in the device to a different USB port?

Uninstall the driver. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > select PL 2303 USB-to-Serial. Turn off your computer and wait for a few minutes. Power up your computer and download this driver: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/590/windows_allinone_usb_driver_v130.zip). Make sure to extract the file and install the exe file.

Plug in the device with the provided extension cable and check the Device Manager. You can do this by right-clicking on Computer > Manage > Computer Management > System Tools > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > Prolific to USB Serial Comm Port (COMXX).

Now, test the device with the ND-100S Test GPS Utility. It is a testing utility for most of our GPS Receivers. Click on the link for download: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/590/nd-100_gps_test_setup.zip). Extract the file and install the program. Open up the software, select the correct com port, choose the appropriate baud rate, and press 'Connect'. In the Terminal tab, you should be able to see the scrolling data coming from the device.

Also, bring your computer outside where there is clear access to the sky and there are no tall buildings or trees around the area. Check if the blue light on the device is blinking.

Let me know how it goes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:41:19 pm by USG_TECH10 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 19 queries.