USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using USB Cable  (Read 1684 times)

buddhamouse

Using USB Cable
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:47:33 pm »

I'm using this at 4800 baud with a Bluetooth connection, but want to be able to connect using usb if by bluetooth dongle ever gives out.  I see that : "The baud rate on your BT-368i must be set to 38400 for the BT368i to be compatible with this data cable."

I can go into my navigation software, and select com ports and baud rate.  How do I change the baud rate on the BT368i and back to 4800 when done?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Using USB Cable
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 01:11:35 pm »

In order to use this device by means of a USB connection, you need to utilize a specific data cable. You can find more information about it by clicking on this link: http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-550-bt-368i-tr-151-usb-data-cable.aspx#images/product/large/550.jpg

Apparently, you cannot change baud rate of the device. However, you can make the device work with your navigations software with this utility: XPort.

Visit this web page and download the XPORT program from it, http://curioustech.home.insightbb.com/xport.html

Once you finished installing the said program, it will give you the option to select the current comport you are using with the Bluetooth pairing. After selecting the comport on the bottom, it will provide you an option to choose another comport number.

Once you're done, just click on enable ports and your Bluetooth GPS Receiver should start blinking quickly.

Let me know how it goes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:27:44 pm by USG_TECH10 »

buddhamouse

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:36:07 pm »

Thanks,

I was able to get the GPS recognized using both the SirfDemo and the GPSInfo programs, but my Nav software would not connect no matter what the baud settings in it or in Device Manager.  I did not think that you would need a third party utility to actually access the nmea data, but when I ran it and set my Nav software baud back to 4800 it liked it.  Kind of Strange that the USB drivers provided would not be able to transfer the data at 4800 baud, I don't really like to run too many programs at once to save battery life and prevent crashes.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 03:36:17 pm »

Perhaps, your navigation program doesn't acknowledge the device. That's why we recommend the XPort program because it helps the program recognize our GPS receivers.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.