USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opimization of scenario or other better idea on alogrithm  (Read 6351 times)

zingo

• zingo.org
Re: Opimization of scenario or other better idea on alogrithm
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 07:02:42 am »

Good work!

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »

Hi Geoffrey, Zingo, all !

If you leave the track and take another kind of loop I like to be able to press "LAP" button to set a new "trigger" area. This is needed in races where you dont't start in the loop, a lot of race do not start on the loop/finish area but instead have another starting point making the first lap shorter/longer so that you end up with the finish exactly at marathon distance (or some other nice figure).

I agree to what Zingo said. This would be a useful extension and I think, I shouldn't make too much effort for implementing.
So - Geoffrey, please consider this suggestion also.

And, Geoffrey: Yes - of course: I still love your products. But I don't know, which one to love more !
My GH-505 has only some minor problems, so most of the time (90%) I use the GH-505.
However, in the meantime, more and more functions are being added to GH-625 (like interval training,
Lap by point), which I would like to use.  So - both have some advantages, both have some disadvantages...

I really hope, that a new model like GH-625XT will include all the positive features of the known models.
(...and I also hope, to participate in the testers group again...) ;)  

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Surely thing, we have taken into consideration of this idea.
Thanks for using our product and we will keep our best for further products. GH-625XT will invloved the all related innoviated features. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 02:23:07 pm »

I don't know if it is possible but "3. AUTO LAP by POINT." could be enabled all the time if the user can trigger it by longpressing the LAP button. Then you don't need to add any config screen and user do not need to do anyting to enable it,you need to add detection of longpresses e.g. pressing LAP button for a long time in the code. If the user do it by mistake she/he needs a way to cancel it as it will override you normal autolap setting that I haven't figurated out yet but lets be creative...

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 11:12:52 pm »

I don't know if it is possible but "3. AUTO LAP by POINT." could be enabled all the time if the user can trigger it by longpressing the LAP button. Then you don't need to add any config screen and user do not need to do anyting to enable it,you need to add detection of longpresses e.g. pressing LAP button for a long time in the code. If the user do it by mistake she/he needs a way to cancel it as it will override you normal autolap setting that I haven't figurated out yet but lets be creative...

Hi Zingo,

To long press to avoid mis-trigger might has challenged while in sporting. Now user is able to press Lap key to re-define trigger point. The autolap will follow up accordingly.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 01:26:10 pm »

Since I will run alot of laps on a 400m track this friday I started to play with
Activety Seting -> Lap Setting, using "GPS OFF LAP" Setting LAP DISTANCE to 0,40km

I expected Distance to advance 0,4km everytime I press the lap button, and PACE to be updated. But nothing happens, (well a LAP is added but not the distance).

How do I trigger the LAP DISTANCE value to be added? Do I need some special combination with "GPS OFF" I tried both...

canadien

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 05:13:35 pm »

Do you have saved data on your watch? Mine have strange behavior because of memory. I frequently have to erase all to make sure it does not freeze or do any other strange stuff. I am in (wifi) camping right now but don't have my gh-625. Try to erase all and see if it works. If not, I suppose you'll have to wait for your xt...  ;)

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 01:51:19 am »

Since it was a 400m track it was not so hard to do the math in the head this time but I hope it is something that will ge fixed for gh625XT :)

The strange thing is that I think I tested this feature sometime this spring and got it working, but I probably didn't. My current question is what this "GPS OFF LAP" setting does, and where "LAP DISTANCE" is used. I have not downloaded the tracks to my computer yet maybe the distance show ut there in some way.

canadien

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 05:03:09 pm »

Don't worry for Lap by point I am using it extensively these days on Xt and it works flawlessly. Very cool feature! The only thing we could add is, like Roger already said, the option for setting the desire radius of the first waypoint. But right now it is not a problem for me!

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 05:15:16 am »

"Lap by point" works here also I have trouble with the indoor mode "GPS OFF LAP" setting...

Is it possible for you to test it on gh625XT, just enable it, turn GPS OFF, start a training and press the LAP button a couple of time to see if the distance is advanced the the "LAP DISTANCE" value.

canadien

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2011, 08:29:36 pm »

Sorry I was distracted... will rather use "GPS off lap" during winter. But I had already realised that lap distances do not add up in the latest gh-625 beta-firmware. Well tonight I tried on xt and it's the same  ???

Could it be possible that this only works in Indoor mode? Will try it in this mode just to see...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:36:27 pm by canadien »

canadien

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2011, 04:00:51 pm »

Could it be possible that this only works in Indoor mode? Will try it in this mode just to see...
Ah... I was right. GPS Off Lap mode will only work in indoor mode. That's the reason why it was more convenient before when indoor mode was selectable.

Right now it lead to much confusion as the watch will automatically switch to indoor mode if you set GPS Off in GPS setting. And to be logical GPS OFF Lap should only appear in Lap Setting submenu at that time (when GPS is turned Off). And even there, you cannot quit Indoor Mode when you turn back gps on. You have to turn off the watch.

The best would be to get back indoor mode in the menu.

Here is what I propose:
-GYM > Trainer
        > Multisport
        > Interval Training
        > Indoor Mode

Once in Indoor Mode:
        > Off
        > ON
When "on" it then enable this sub menu:
Lap distance preset: > Off
                            > On > Lap Distance: x.xx km

The thing is that the change has been made to solve an arborescence problematic so I am not sure if Indoor Mode can really have its own place in the watch -ideally under Gym- menu...?

As for the speed it is only viewable when the activity is over. I have asked to know if it was possible to see it during exercise (refreshed after every triggered lap) in a old post but don't remember what Geoffrey wrote about it...

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:43:12 pm by canadien »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 03:36:10 pm »

Seems like a good idea.

Anders

canadien

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 02:34:44 pm »

Well if this impossible I will rather propose that:

Lap setting>By point
               >By distance
               >etc.

Indoor lap>Off
              >On >Alert: Indoor lap will turn GPS off, enable anyway? YES- NO
         YES>Lap distance: x.xxkm

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:21:04 pm by canadien »

canadien

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 11:31:08 am »

Hey Zingo did you figure it out? (see 3 posts before this one)

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 12:55:48 pm »

Yes "Indoor mode" did the trick, didn't use it when I raced as if I remember correct "indoor Mode" save every sec and I don't have memory in the watch for 48h, so used "GPS Off" + save every 5s but that made me miss to test "Indoor mode" in the combination I tried. I whish "Indoor mode" had a customized save interval. Thanks for the test, it explained why I got it working before and not now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 19 queries.