USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware Beta III release enchance Indoor Training & AutoLap!!!  (Read 8114 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Firmware Beta III release enchance Indoor Training & AutoLap!!!
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:37:18 am »

Dear customers,

Hot News! Today we finished the beta firmware and share to everyone.
Here we changed:
1. Add AutoGPSOffLap feature which be able to set up the specific Lap distance to perform while in Indoor Training.
You may get an idea of distance by manually click button as normal sportwatch and save more power.
2. Add Auto Lap by point. It is adapt to active Lap counting while reach the specific location, the default is starting point.
3. To select "N" of "No Fix, Start Anyway", it will show "Indoor Training Start Anyway"
4. GPS will off to save more power while indoor training, system will auto turn on GPS after power on.

NOTE: Evaluation version only, won't be offical release.
You can download from http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=1&en_product_cnt_id=23

Enjoy and have a fun.  ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

Re: Firmware Beta III release enchance Indoor Training & AutoLap!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 01:12:18 am »

Thanks a lot for your hard word Globalsat!!!
Will try feature #1 on a 200m track on wednesday. I am eager to see how it goes!

By the way maybe the feature could be rename to ease the comprehension for new customer?

Could we only call it Indoor preset lap instead -or something else- and provide a simple description of it?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:53:15 am by canadien »

canadien

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:41:26 am »

And I am posting back the link to calculate your lane distance if you don't run in the first lane (the inner one).

http://www.csgnetwork.com/disttracklanecalc.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/166167-how-to-calculate-the-distance-around-a-running-track-by-lane/#

Maybe you could insert a simple Lane distance calculator tool (like in the 1st link) into Training Gym Pro???
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:24:38 am by canadien »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 02:10:03 am »

Thanks a lot for your hard word Globalsat!!!
Will try feature #1 on a 200m track on wednesday. I am eager to see how it goes!

By the way maybe the feature could be rename to ease the comprehension of new customer?

Could we only call it indoor preset lap, or something else and provide a simple description of it?

Hi Canadien,

Thanks for encouragement! The modification is just a piece of cake! :) Our engineer just goes outside for smoking. ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 02:23:13 am »

This will be fun to try! Thanks for the new features!

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 02:43:09 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

2. Add Auto Lap by point. It is adapt to active Lap counting while reach the specific location, the default is starting point.

Sincerely,Geoffrey

I'm really happy about the "Auto Lap by point" feature.  Thank you for that !

So - I think... I will have to activate my GH-625 again....
I hope, you consider to implement this feature also in GH-505 one day.
(or - maybe even better, I could be one of the happy testers of the new XT version). ;)

Thank you and best regards,

Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 05:39:42 am »

Dear customers,

I am happy that you all interest our new functions.
I am looking forward to hearing from your comments.
Please keep loving our product, we always make your training fun and superise. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:39 am »

Quote from: Hubert
So - I think... I will have to activate my GH-625 again....
I hope, you consider to implement this feature also in GH-505 one day.
(or - maybe even better, I could be one of the happy testers of the new XT version). ;)

Actually I thought exactly same  ;)
And even best if I could be happy tester of new GH-595  ::)

Rookie

canadien

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 08:15:59 pm »

Two words about the first feature: plain and simple!

It's easy and work well. I'll resume my recommandations to refine the function:

1 - When I enter .2155 km or 0,215 km, the watch always rounds the lap to 0,21 km. So more precision is needed as we want the same precision indoor as we can have outdoor ;). Ideally 4 decimals  8). If not possible, 3 decimals should work too.

2 - Change the feature name to avoid confusion. Personnally I would choose: Activity setting > Lap setting > indoor distance or indoor track distance or indoor preset distance. Because indoor stands for GPS off.

3 - Simple Lane distance calculator utility incorporated into Training Gym Pro.

4 - If I choose AutoGPSOffLap, then do my indoor training and turn off my watch. When I turn it on again to make another indoor training the lap setting is back to GPS OFF. Could it stays to AutoGPSOffLap so I have direct access to it when I return to indoor training mode?

5 - Maybe the GPS fix window and the indoor window can be a little confusing. But I read somewhere that that this cannot be change (acces directly to indoor mode). Is that it? At least can we change the order of appearance?

Next step is indoor distance and speed lap. It will then change from two to three words: plain, simple and brillant!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:26:36 pm by canadien »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 03:04:30 am »

Hi Canadien,

Thanks for suggestions. Here is my comments:
1 - When I enter .2155 km or 0,215 km, the watch always rounds the lap to 0,21 km. So more precision is needed as we want the same precision indoor as we can have outdoor . Ideally 4 decimals  . If not possible, 3 decimals should work too.
I have to check with engineer, please wait.
2 - Change the feature name to avoid confusion. Personnally I would choose: Activity setting > Lap setting > indoor distance or indoor track distance or indoor preset distance. Because indoor stands for GPS off.

It sounds good, but needs almost all agree that.
3 - Simple Lane distance calculator utility incorporated into Training Gym Pro.
We will keep this idea.
4 - If I choose AutoGPSOffLap, then do my indoor training and turn off my watch. When I turn it on again to make another indoor training the lap setting is back to GPS OFF. Could it stays to AutoGPSOffLap so I have direct access to it when I return to indoor training mode?
Due to GPS be off while indoor training was performing. System will turn on GPS and Lap setting would stay in OFF after power on.
5 - Maybe the GPS fix window and the indoor window can be a little confusing. But I read somewhere that that this cannot be change (acces directly to indoor mode). Is that it? At least can we change the order of appearance?
After discussed, we think the sequent is suitable. User should confirm they want to keep training with no fix and then check want to use Indoor training or not.

sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 07:45:01 am »

After discussed, we think the sequent is suitable. User should confirm they want to keep training with no fix and then check want to use Indoor training or not.
Well maybe my suggestions are so-so :-X  ::)

Of course the sequence is suitable! I should have meditate my suggestion a little more longer. I rather just wanted to find a solution to avoid two windows to pop up subsequently which can be a little confusing for the newbie. Maybe having only one window? EX: Start without GPS fix or switch to indoor mode and cancel. But I admit it's a lot of words ...

For point #2 the purpose is too keep a certain consistency. Indoor mean GPS Off so we should always keep this word for this purpose.

Point #3 is not necessary - can't tell if it really has its place in Training Gym software - but could very useful. Up to you. Every indoor track runner have to check that one day or another.

Point #1 - this one I think is important :).

Simon
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:02:40 pm by canadien »

Roger C

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 05:47:40 am »

Hi Geoffrey!

Nice improvements in this new firmware, i tested the "autolap by point" yesterday during a Long distance ice skates tour, and it worked perfect.
Within 5-10 meters from my point the watch beeped all laps.
And this new indoormode that we can choose with no gps signal and that it turn on the gps when we restart the watch, its also perfect.
Looking forward to see all this new modells appearing on the market, hopefully you will have them out soon (no more delays please :), with this good support and service i think they will have alot of buyers.

//Roger C

canadien

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 01:36:58 pm »

i tested the "autolap by point" yesterday during a Long distance ice skates tour, and it worked perfect.
Good to hear the first feedback for the "autolap by point".
Will be very useful when snow will have melt! I hope it will be available onthe GB-580 as well.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 09:10:46 pm »

Hi Geoffrey!

Nice improvements in this new firmware, i tested the "autolap by point" yesterday during a Long distance ice skates tour, and it worked perfect.
And this new indoormode that we can choose with no gps signal and that it turn on the gps when we restart the watch, its also perfect.
Looking forward to see all this new modells appearing on the market, hopefully you will have them out soon (no more delays please :), with this good support and service i think they will have alot of buyers.

//Roger C

Welcome back, Mr.Tester!

It is good to hear the postive feedback. We will do our best into the coming products. :D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 06:27:46 pm »

Finally got to upgrade today. New version is great! New functions work without problems with good accuracy.
Next wish would be (as has been mentioned in other threads), to be able to link the alerts when running to slow or fast to the various parts of intervaltraining and to be able to edit this in SportsTraining gym in the same way as personal info can be edited and transferred to the watch.

Hi Canadien,

Thanks for suggestions. Here is my comments:
1 - When I enter .2155 km or 0,215 km, the watch always rounds the lap to 0,21 km. So more precision is needed as we want the same precision indoor as we can have outdoor . Ideally 4 decimals  . If not possible, 3 decimals should work too.
I have to check with engineer, please wait.

How about entering meters instead of kilometers? Easier to overview without decimals and precision enough (for me anyway :) )
Also, I think m is more used terminologically than km for the same reason. (A race is for instance more often called 3000m steeplechase than 3 km.)

Best regards
Anders
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:29:25 pm by AndersBrontosaurus »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 18 queries.