USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't stay turned on?  (Read 2190 times)

mbailey

Won't stay turned on?
« on: July 30, 2009, 04:57:03 pm »

When I press the button to turn the device on, the Green LED comes on as usual, and then the blue LED flashes. As soon as I remove my finger from the button, the green LED turns off and the device shuts down.

Previously the Green LED would stay illuminated until the GPS signal is found, but now the device won't stay turned on.

When I plug in the charger the orange LED comes on as expected. If I try and turn on with the charger connected the Green and Blue LED's come on, but go off again immediately I release my finger from the button.

Any ideas how I can fix and get my BT338 working again?

USG_TECH3

Re: Won't stay turned on?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:59:36 am »

Hello mbailey,

Please register your product on our website here: https://www.usglobalsat.com/createaccount.aspx?checkout=False and generate a support ticket to see if your unit is eligible for replacement.

mbailey

Re: Won't stay turned on?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:08:01 am »

The unit is 4 years old, so completely out of warranty.

I have managed to fix the unit though. Using a very technical engineering term of "hitting it hard" fixes the problem!

I have taken it apart a few times, and reflowed some of the visible components, but that didn't help. It was only when I resorted to hitting it that it came back to life!

Occasionally it stops working, but again if you hit it hard again, it comes back to life and continues to work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.