USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ND-100S test software for Mac OSX  (Read 3655 times)

marcsing

ND-100S test software for Mac OSX
« on: April 16, 2011, 11:55:52 pm »

Hello,
I just received the ND100S dongle that I purchased on-line ... Now trying desperately to install it on my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.6.7).

I got thru the first hurdle to read the 'mini CD' on my MAC slot-drive ... made a copy to a full size CD on a PC that I fortunatelly have at hand.

I loaded the USB driver OK. I can see it in the system profiler. When I rebooted the MAC, it detected a new 'non-configured' internet connection ...

I screened and re-screened both the install CD and the GlobalSat website support for a MAC version of the ND-100S test software. To my disbelief there is only a windows (.exe) version available.

Question 24 in the FAQ says that "a GPS test application will be downloaded". I would appreciate if you could indicate where/how this GPS test application (for MAC OSX!) can be downloaded.

Any other useful instructions for installing the ND-100S dongle on a MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.7 will be much appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards
Marc

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: ND-100S test software for Mac OSX
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:39:02 am »

Unplug the device and open up your Hard Drive folder and go to System/Library/Extensions folder and search for "ProlificUsbSerial.kext" and delete that file and restart your computer. Then after the restart, reinstall the driver "PL2303_1.4.0.dmg"(http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/62/osx_10_6_usb_drvr.zip).
This is the USB driver for Mac OS 10.6.X. After the install, it will ask you to restart the computer again.

You can reference this document on how to install the driver (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/57/br355_gps_mac_v2.0.pdf).

After your computer is restarted, connect the USB GPS Receiver and use our GPS Utility to test the unit:
(http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/62/mac_gps_utility_v2.zip).

Configure the application settings to the following:
Port: /dev/cu.usbserial
Rate: 4800
Units: Miles

Let us know if you are still having issues. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:30:25 pm by USG_TECH10 »

marcsing

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:51:41 am »

It works! Thanks a lot for your help.

I read that the ND-100S sold in EU and USA are WAAS/EGNOS enabled.
I am temporarily resident in Singapore and purchased mine on-line from Hong-Kong (AliExpress.com).
Is there a way that I can check/confrm that mine is WAAS/EGNOS enabled?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:00:59 am »

Good to hear that your device is properly working.

Apparently, the device is WAAS-enabled by default if you bought it directly from us or from one of our authorized resellers.

There is also other way to determine if your unit is WAAS-enabled. Please refer to this forum post: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3414.msg8827#msg8827

marcsing

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:13:34 am »

Unfortunately, vista_32bit_gps_info_utility.zip is a Windows software. Is there an OSX version available?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 10:58:41 am »

Please download the GPSUtility for MAC here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/62/mac_gps_utility_v2.zip

marcsing

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:33:58 am »

I am very sorry to come back again, but the utility that I am looking for is the one that allows to enable WAAS.

In your post before last, you referred me to the file vista_32bit_gps_info_utility.zip which is a Windows version.
I am looking for a OSX version of the same file.

The file mac_gps_utility_v2.zip in your last post, which I already had installed, does not allow to enable WAAS.
I need the Mac OSX version of vista_32bit_gps_info_utility.zip

Thanks again for your time.
Best regards
Marc 

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 12:26:20 pm »

You can also determine if your unit is WAAS enabled is by looking at the Serial Number sticker located at the back of the package.

Unfortunately, we do not have any program available that would allow you to enable the WAAS function. Perhaps, you can search online and see if there is any MAC software for GPS Receivers that has the said option. If you found one, can you please let us know? Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:45:58 am by USG_TECH10 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.